Honda Cbr150

Crow Boy

So hopefully I'll get my CBR150R by today.

Well, to make it short, I did not buy the CBR150R. Various visits to the dealer, sitting again and again on the bike lead me to the conclusion, that the CB150R is simply too small for me. I am tall 190cm and not skinny, I feel that I have to look for a bigger bike. :D

But never say never.... :o

Anyway I will keep on reading this thread....

Moo9

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those interested, I ran the track behind Seacon Square here in SE Bangkok. The CBR acquitted itself well, especially with a novice on the bike. It was my first track day. Here's a picture of the course:

post-27441-1180343636_thumb.jpg

(stole this picture from 2long)

And here's a picture of me going through turn One. You'll notice that the course is wet, and I only have stock tyres. Both those factors are what I'm going to blame for laying the bike down twice, with absolutely no damage other than some scrapes to the endcaps of the handlebars and some very minor scratches on the muffler. I on the other hand didn't fare so well. Even wearing the jacket, the first crash netted me a sore shoulder and the second took off a nice chunk of flesh from the hand. BUT IT WAS FUN!

post-27441-1180343510_thumb.jpg

Hi everybody,my name is Doruk and I'm from Turkey,I live in Peru for almost one year,I wanna import a 'CBR 150 R'.I really liked the bike.So I would like to have some detailed pictures (zoom in speedometer,engine,underseat space,etc.)Can somebody put some photos like that in the forum please?Cant find nowhere on the net.Thanks a lot :D

B.T.W (I couldnt find another topic to introduce myself,thats why I did here) :o

Well, to make it short, I did not buy the CBR150R. Various visits to the dealer, sitting again and again on the bike lead me to the conclusion, that the CB150R is simply too small for me. I am tall 190cm and not skinny, I feel that I have to look for a bigger bike. :D

But never say never.... :o

Moo9

I thought the same thing when I stepped down from a GSX1100 to the CBR. I am 190cm and 96kg (on a good day :D). The bike is physically quite small but both Peace Blondie and MacGriff are similar sizes to me and none of us have any problems with the bike.

CB

Hi everybody,my name is Doruk and I'm from Turkey,I live in Peru for almost one year,I wanna import a 'CBR 150 R'.I really liked the bike.So I would like to have some detailed pictures (zoom in speedometer,engine,underseat space,etc.)Can somebody put some photos like that in the forum please?Cant find nowhere on the net.Thanks a lot :D

B.T.W (I couldnt find another topic to introduce myself,thats why I did here) :o

Hi Doruk welcome to Thai Visa and to the CBR150 group. I am sure our members will be grabbing their digital cameras very soon to send you photographs of their bike

you mentioned that you want to import one into Peru? Not sure how you would do that. It would depend on whether you want to buy a new or second hand one. Easiest way would be to buy one here and pack it into a shipping crate then export it out as personal belongings. Even so the cost of purchase, transport, and import duties may make it pretty expensive.

CB

Thanks for your interest :o .Actually I want to buy brand new.Even maybe I can buy two or three CBR's,because my gf and another friend wants to have one ,too.We all liked the design and the details.As I read in the forum everybody is happy with their CBR 150's.They dont sell CBR 150 here in Peru,thats why I want to import.Does anybody can give me a website that I can contact with a company in Thailand?(coz I think the CBR 150 R is made in Thailand,am I wrong?)

Thanks for your interest :o .Actually I want to buy brand new.Even maybe I can buy two or three CBR's,because my gf and another friend wants to have one ,too.We all liked the design and the details.As I read in the forum everybody is happy with their CBR 150's.They dont sell CBR 150 here in Peru,thats why I want to import.Does anybody can give me a website that I can contact with a company in Thailand?(coz I think the CBR 150 R is made in Thailand,am I wrong?)

http://www.asiatradingonline.com/bikesCBRprices.htm

But never say never.... :D

Moo9

I thought the same thing when I stepped down from a GSX1100 to the CBR. I am 190cm and 96kg (on a good day :D). The bike is physically quite small but both Peace Blondie and MacGriff are similar sizes to me and none of us have any problems with the bike.

CB

Hi, thanks for the encouraging comment.

I have to admit, that the file is not closed yet.

Indeed, sitting on the bike I did not feel uncomfortable....and anyway, I do not watch myself when riding :D

So the chances are 50/50......maybe I first try to sell my Nouvo, where after I will not have any bike and that makes my argumentation vs. my lady much easier :o

Have a safe ride

Moo9

http://www.asiatradingonline.com/bikesCBRprices.htm

That is an interesting website - notice they have the CBR150 as having front and rear brakes as dish and dish - mine has disc and disc :D

CB

By the way,I think Im gonna buy brand new but 2005 model.Are there any different specifications between 2005 and 2007 except the colors?

Sorry guys Im asking a lot but nobody can know more than you about these bikes.

Crow Boy and Dave Boo thanx for the info

To all those who are gonna jump on the "dish" brake (actually I was surprised it didn't say "break"--was watching some late night tv the other day and they had "Music Brake" on), TIT!

All CBRs have disk brakes front and rear.

There are no mechanical differences between the '05 and the '07 models (2548-2550 models using Thai system of dating).

post-27441-1180428958_thumb.jpg

Speedo zoom in.

post-27441-1180429067_thumb.jpg

Engine zoom in. Hardest image to get because of all the fairing.

post-27441-1180429152_thumb.jpg

Underseat "storage". And yes, I'm a barefoot hillbilly!

post-27441-1180429256_thumb.jpg post-27441-1180429290_thumb.jpg

Front and rear disk brakes.

post-27441-1180429382_thumb.jpg

Rear shot so you realise just how narrow this bike is!

post-27441-1180429463_thumb.jpg

Front shot to emphasise last point made.

post-27441-1180429756_thumb.jpg

Rear shock picture. (added in on edit).

post-27441-1180429519_thumb.jpg

Finally, a tank shot.

I'm sorry I didn't tell you Hoşgeldiniz (Bienvenidos si usted habla español!)

Thanks,I checked the site,its interesting as you said.I thought all CBR 150's comes with disc brakes front and rear,are there drum brake version too?

Sorry obscure humour on my part - the site spelled it dish not disc. All the CBR150s come with front and rear discs which make it a safer ride in my opinion. Most other bikes have at least a rear drum brake and many a front drum as well. The larger lateral width tire on the CBR also makes it safer as well. The other bikes use very skinny tires to reduce road drag but they don't have the cornering or stopping ability of the CBR.

CB

I sit on one to this afternoon! and I like it very much but my wife start being very angry att me!! She want me to buy a honda air blade!! she know I am a little bit to wild. So I gonna do my best to get one.

Regards Peter

I sit on one to this afternoon! and I like it very much but my wife start being very angry att me!! She want me to buy a honda air blade!! she know I am a little bit to wild. So I gonna do my best to get one.

Regards Peter

Peter,

I recommend you put your foot down on this!

Actually if you can, get a test drive. Let the wife drive it some. Tell her to take it into traffic and see how well that works. If that doesn't sell her, tell her it is MUCH better on the gas, thus allowing you to buy her something. If you have to, tell her that if you get the motorcyce you want, she'll get some nice present (bribery works very well with women!).

How many languages can you guys speak :D

Photos are awesome :D ,Now I can see all the details that I wanted to see.Surely I can order my CBR 150 R now :o So I can visit you guys in Thailand:)

How many languages can you guys speak :D

Photos are awesome :D ,Now I can see all the details that I wanted to see.Surely I can order my CBR 150 R now :o So I can visit you guys in Thailand:)

Well, I can speak English and Spanish (with a Costa Rican accent). Google's my best friend and let me find that Turkish phrase! Thai is coming along, but my g/f would much rather use her English than teach me Thai. I think she does it deliberately to make sure I don't know when she's talking about me.

CBR compared with 2-strokers

FSX 150 2T : this bike is waiting at my return in chiang rai around oktober

i am very happy with it , very good and large riding position and quite fast

i didn ' try the CBR yet but it seems in the mountains , when i drive to chiang mai , it is very hard to keep the power on my 2-stroke , while going steep uphill

i guess a four stroke is better here , even if it has just half of the max power

i would really like to see a compared graphic power output of the 2-and 4 -stroke

i dare to bet that until 5500 rpm , the CBR has better power , making it better for allround daily use

anyone experience with both bikes ?

(NSR = same engine as FSX )

post-21441-1180470300_thumb.jpg

CBR compared with 2-strokers

FSX 150 2T : this bike is waiting at my return in chiang rai around oktober

i am very happy with it , very good and large riding position and quite fast

i didn ' try the CBR yet but it seems in the mountains , when i drive to chiang mai , it is very hard to keep the power on my 2-stroke , while going steep uphill

i guess a four stroke is better here , even if it has just half of the max power

i would really like to see a compared graphic power output of the 2-and 4 -stroke

i dare to bet that until 5500 rpm , the CBR has better power , making it better for allround daily use

anyone experience with both bikes ?

(NSR = same engine as FSX )

post-21441-1180470300_thumb.jpg

.....--<__>-... Two stroke power band

...--<_____>- Four stroke powerband

(where "." is pack your bags Dorthy, we're still waiting for power; "-" is there's something there; and "_" is finally, power!)

Well, maybe not that bad. However, here's an overlayed dyno chart comparing 2 strokes and 4 strokes. Notice that the 2 strokes, although being only 250 cc versus the 450 cc 4 stroke models manage to pull quite close to overall HP. However, they don't have that nice steady uphill climb that the 4 stroke models have. If you draw a horizontal line across where they start loosing power badly, you'll see that there's really only about 1500 RPMS that are in the sweet spot. That's about 1/2 the amount that the 4 strokes show.

141_0312_250_32_z.jpg

Hello, it seems some of you guy's have "the need for speed" from a Honda cbr 150, so here is the answer with pics

Bike: CBR150 2004 completely modified. Engine: Original 150cc, 1 piston, 4 valves watercooled, 4 stroke:

Rebored to 169cc, Stage 3 ported and gas flowed head, twin racing high lift cams, 38mm racing carburettor (standard is only 26mm) jetted for quickness at high revs, Racing CDI (allowing higher revs). Endurance exhaust, Adjustable Racing gear and brake footlevers, Larger rear sprocket Suspension and steering : Front lowered 2 inches, ohlins steering damper (20 settings) can adjust while driving along, keeps the front in line with the back (we all hate that wobble affect) Vee rubber tyres (soft compound) helps keep all the mods stuck to the ground. Hard top rear seat cowl (specially made due not available as spare) gives the racing look but easily changes to carry passenger.

Out performs bigger bikes around town, can get thru the traffic!

Have yet to find another cbr 150 modified or not that can keep up with me.

Keeps up with all 125 and 150 two strokes on pullaway, at 80kph+ I leave them for dust.

Top speed 170kph (Chonburi to Rayong Road kept speed for 2k, that was long enough)

Handling at speed and cornering is excellent. (40 laps at Bira racetrack in Pattaya may 2007).

petrol consumption: uses twice as much as standard, but what do u expect, if u want the speed u have to pay for it.

Money spent so far "U DON'T WANT TO REALLY KNOW" but wellworth it when I am on it!

post-38570-1181184244_thumb.jpg

post-38570-1181184331_thumb.jpg

post-38570-1181184407_thumb.jpg

post-38570-1181184457_thumb.jpg

post-38570-1181184572_thumb.jpg

post-38570-1181184665_thumb.jpg

post-38570-1181184720_thumb.jpg

post-38570-1181184813_thumb.jpg

Hello, it seems some of you guy's have "the need for speed" from a Honda cbr 150, so here is the answer with pics

Bike: CBR150 2004 completely modified. Engine: Original 150cc, 1 piston, 4 valves watercooled, 4 stroke:

Rebored to 169cc, Stage 3 ported and gas flowed head, twin racing high lift cams, 38mm racing carburettor (standard is only 26mm) jetted for quickness at high revs, Racing CDI (allowing higher revs). Endurance exhaust, Adjustable Racing gear and brake footlevers, Larger rear sprocket Suspension and steering : Front lowered 2 inches, ohlins steering damper (20 settings) can adjust while driving along, keeps the front in line with the back (we all hate that wobble affect) Vee rubber tyres (soft compound) helps keep all the mods stuck to the ground. Hard top rear seat cowl (specially made due not available as spare) gives the racing look but easily changes to carry passenger.

Keeps up with all 125 and 150 two strokes on pullaway, at 80kph+ I leave them for dust.

Top speed 170kph (Chonburi to Rayong Road kept speed for 2k, that was long enough)

Handling at speed and cornering is excellent. (40 laps at Bira racetrack in Pattaya may 2007).

petrol consumption: uses twice as much as standard, but what do u expect, if u want the speed u have to pay for it.

Money spent so far "U DON'T WANT TO REALLY KNOW" but wellworth it when I am on it!

What do the Boyz in Brown think about the exhaust system? If I buy me the CBR150R I would like to have something like that, but enough bad experience with the Police about third party optional exhausts.... so how to do?

Those a pretty much the engine mods I wanted to do. Do you really think that the engine is only fed ~75% that it can handle at stock and than increased the carb by that much x the increase in displacement? I.E., since the engine is only getting 75% of the fuel it needs, we should increase the carb by 133% (1/0.75) and than go up the 113% in displacment (26 cc x 133% x 113%)? Because if we're to only increase it based on increased displacement, it would be 113% of 26mm, or 30mm. You went an additional 8mm above that, netting you an increase in carb size of 146%. Is that extra 33% required (i.e. would you mind buying a 30mm carb and testing it for me :o )

I think I shed a tear when I saw that you had hacked holes in the side to install those sliders. Other than being unnecessary (I dropped the bike on both sides and did nothing to the fairings), it seems like they'd be a danger while doing serious cornering. But perhaps I'm all wrong also.

It's cool you got it up to 170. According to my math, using a 44 tooth sprocket, it would have taken you 13000 RPM; a 46 tooth sprocket would have gotten you there at 13400 RPM, and a 48 tooth sprocket would have needed 14000 RPM. Of course this is discounting speedo drift, rolling and wind resistance. Pretty ballsy to do it for 2 km (but than again, 2 km would have been over in about 43 seconds).

Bingo Friends....today I picked up my brandnew blue CBR150R at Mityon Pattaya 3rd Road :o

As I previously only scooted automatic bikes, I need some practice, but anyway I already put some km's on the meter.

It rides fantastic...as far as I can judge it so far :D

Now it is time to look for a new helmet and some extras....

I've been lurking in this thread for a while now reading everything that has been posted.

I'm in the market for a bike and was thinking abuot a Phantom, I'm starting to change my mind now thanks to you guys.

Where is a good place to pick up a newish CBR150? Are dealers any good? I would need to buy either on Samui or in Surat Thani as I live on Koh Phangan and would need to drive the bike back and take it on the ferry.

What's the going proce new? I've googled a bit but can't come up with any firm figures.

Alternatively does anyone know of somebody selling one as a private sale?

Thanks in advance.

Hi all,

I found a nice webpage with accessories for the CBR150R.

http://kaskus.us/showthread.php?t=246535

It's from Indonesia. I still wonder whether putting an Yoshimura or Endurance exhaust system would be legally in Thailand. Who knows about it? When I see the big bikes for rent here in Pattaya, the do have modified exhausts, almost all of them. How does the Police judges whether it is legal or not. Guess if the find it too loud, you're gonna pay.

BTW the Yoshimura kit is converted into THB 8,000. Where could I get this thing here in Thailand? I guess not in Pattaya, maybe only BKK.

CIMG2250.jpg

I've been lurking in this thread for a while now reading everything that has been posted.

I'm in the market for a bike and was thinking abuot a Phantom, I'm starting to change my mind now thanks to you guys.

Where is a good place to pick up a newish CBR150? Are dealers any good? I would need to buy either on Samui or in Surat Thani as I live on Koh Phangan and would need to drive the bike back and take it on the ferry.

What's the going proce new? I've googled a bit but can't come up with any firm figures.

Alternatively does anyone know of somebody selling one as a private sale?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

just go to a bigger Honda dealer, they might have a few in stock. I think the official list price is 65,000 Bht. I got mine for 63,800 Bht with 2 useless Index helmets. Not much to negotiate though.

Btw, I was also mind hopping between the Phantom and the CBR. But ok, the Phantom is way too heavy. It feels like a big old sofa and the riding position is - at least for me having quite long legs - not very relaxing (sit like a frog...).

Good luck for the shopping

Moo9

Hi,

just go to a bigger Honda dealer, they might have a few in stock. I think the official list price is 65,000 Bht. I got mine for 63,800 Bht with 2 useless Index helmets. Not much to negotiate though.

Btw, I was also mind hopping between the Phantom and the CBR. But ok, the Phantom is way too heavy. It feels like a big old sofa and the riding position is - at least for me having quite long legs - not very relaxing (sit like a frog...).

Good luck for the shopping

Moo9

Cheers Moo, do you happen to know if there is a Honda dealer in Surat Thani?

Archived