Honda Cbr150

Crow Boy

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are no longer making the CBR 150. They have no plans to come out with a 150 F/I, 200 or 250. They are only concentrating now on the PCX and Scoopy.

It's thailand. Call them again tmro and you'll get a different answer. :)

Perhaps call them everyday until you get the answer you want. :D

Ok, to many "if", "and", "buts" and "I don't know" from Honda. Screw that. I'm going with the Kaw Ninja 250. So who wants to by my CBR 150?

14 months old

Looks like new

6,445 kilometers

regular maintenance

60,000 baht.

Send me PM if interested.

post-82655-016152300 1277011325_thumb.jp

In my search for a Honda Zoomer up here in Chiang Mai I found a really nice Honda CBR250. It's documented/registered and looks and sounds good. 55,000 baht. Southbound on Canal Road, the shop is just past the Mae Heah market. They also have a Zoomer, but unfortunately they want the same amount of money for it. They've had a few CBR150's too but they never last more than a few days.

Hi songoku777, I replaced my tyres today with Dunlop K275, in 90/80-17 front and 100/90-17 rear. The bike feels more stable and leans better than before, with no skip or jump out in corners. All this while driving in torrential rain today in Phuket. Yip daring, new tyres and wet roads etc, but the bike seems much more happy. Any tyre pressure recomendations for a person weighing 110 kgs, as I am using 2.5 Bar front and 3.0 bar rear. Seems good to me. Take care.

hmm 110kgs is quite heavy. hmn,i've no idea about 'bars' but in PSI, the max rating of our tire (stock IRC Eagle Grip) is 33psi; minimum is 29psi (u do the math) ^^ based on the stock tire it says "52P" ..the 52 is the load rating and "P" is the speed index. I think '52' is equivalent to around 450lbs gross vehicle weight. A rough estimate.. if you weigh 200+ pounds and the bike 200+ pounds also.. i think you no longer have room to carry a pillion. HTH :)

NO MORE CBR 150's

Ok, last week I sent an email to Honda asking 3 questions in regards to the future of the CBR's. Are they going to make a 150 F/I, a 200 F/I or bring back a new version of the 250. This morning I received an email from them with a phone number to call. I called, but had to put my wife on the phone since no one there spoke English. She asked them the same questions, and their response was, basically:

They are no longer making the CBR 150. They have no plans to come out with a 150 F/I, 200 or 250. They are only concentrating now on the PCX and Scoopy.

So, there is it straight from the "horse's mouth" so to speak.

Thanks for the info. Too bad they'd no longer make CBR150's -this bike is such a hit. Why they stopped production is one thing i'll never know. I guess it's time (but in the far distant future for me) to upgrade to a NINJA250 as my 'everyday commuter bike' -but im sure there will be other equally enticing options by then. IMO a regular motorcycle (not a scooter, or a cub) with at least 15-20HP would be acceptable enough for everyday commute.

Priced some dunlops at the local Honda dealership a few days ago, and they seemed amazingly cheap. 1,200 for the rear, and 900 for the front.

17.80.110, and 17.70.80 I think were the sizes, the same as I have now anyway. Seemed very cheap against what I've read here. Any take on Dunlops, have read on the thread that the pirellis only last about 7000km.

Edited by thomo

Priced some dunlops at the local Honda dealership a few days ago, and they seemed amazingly cheap. 1,200 for the rear, and 900 for the front.

17.80.110, and 17.70.80 I think were the sizes, the same as I have now anyway. Seemed very cheap against what I've read here. Any take on Dunlops, have read on the thread that the pirellis only last about 7000km.

Hey, my Dunlops are fantastic in the wet and in the dry. Email me at [email protected] for further information on these tyres. They are wonderful.

My CBR

4 yrs old. Bought it about a year ago.

Looked like this:

med_gallery_30440_1319_79534.jpg

A few outside mods I've done:

To offset the dark colours, I think gray, black and red always look good on a bike, so put on red rim tape, got red brake/clutch levers and red foot pegs. Probably 500b for the lot.

Got the seats customized in Din Daeng for about 600-700b I think.

Had it lowered, the back by just one setting on the rear spring, what a difference it makes, it is absolutely glued to the road and far more stable hitting the high speeds (not that I do that too often). And picked up some new tyres last week, they didn't have my previous dunlops in 110 for the rear, so went with the michelon sporty, which look really good at that size. I've seen cbrs with the smaller sportys on and they just don't look good. I'm delighted with them anyway, and were only 2,100b at the Honda dealer.

med_gallery_30440_1319_53001.jpg

Also put some gold coloured studs on the frame to make it look a bit bulkier and stylish, and I think they look quite well.

med_gallery_30440_1319_61540.jpg

med_gallery_30440_1319_47700.jpg

med_gallery_30440_1319_105128.jpg

I'm off to buy a little saw today, and next up is to saw off the bottom of the rear mudguard, so there isn't anything below the number plate, and also looking for a muffler. Went around Saphan Kwai and Din Daeng this morning to look for a muffler shop, just to take a look at what's on offer, but didn't find any. Anyone know of one around central BKK?

So there you go, my CBR. Always gets some heads turning at the traffic lights, and I must say, is a little animal of a bike.

(And no I'm not looking at selling it for at least another 2 years, or until I leave BKK. :))

Edited by thomo

My CBR

4 yrs old. Bought it about a year ago.

Looked like this:

med_gallery_30440_1319_79534.jpg

A few outside mods I've done:

To offset the dark colours, I think gray, black and red always look good on a bike, so put on red rim tape, got red brake/clutch levers and red foot pegs. Probably 500b for the lot.

Got the seats customized in Din Daeng for about 600-700b I think.

Had it lowered, the back by just one setting on the rear spring, what a difference it makes, it is absolutely glued to the road and far more stable hitting the high speeds (not that I do that too often). And picked up some new tyres last week, they didn't have my previous dunlops in 110 for the rear, so went with the michelon sporty, which look really good at that size. I've seen cbrs with the smaller sportys on and they just don't look good. I'm delighted with them anyway, and were only 2,100b at the Honda dealer.

med_gallery_30440_1319_53001.jpg

Also put some gold coloured studs on the frame to make it look a bit bulkier and stylish, and I think they look quite well.

med_gallery_30440_1319_61540.jpg

med_gallery_30440_1319_47700.jpg

med_gallery_30440_1319_105128.jpg

I'm off to buy a little saw today, and next up is to saw off the bottom of the rear mudguard, so there isn't anything below the number plate, and also looking for a muffler. Went around Saphan Kwai and Din Daeng this morning to look for a muffler shop, just to take a look at what's on offer, but didn't find any. Anyone know of one around central BKK?

So there you go, my CBR. Always gets some heads turning at the traffic lights, and I must say, is a little animal of a bike.

(And no I'm not looking at selling it for at least another 2 years, or until I leave BKK. :))

Hi Thomo

Thanks for the pictures of your bike. I like the contrasting red and black/grey combo. Nice to see when someone customises their bike. You might throw up a bit of a rooster tail in the wet if you cut off that piece of mudguard? Let me know what effect it has ?

Ride safely.

Cheers, will do.

Picked up a little saw for 120b in Tesco and the bottom of the mudguard came off in about 2 minutes. Looks much nicer. Have only driven in the wet about 2 times in the last year, it just doesn't seem to rain at the times of the day I'm on it (8.00-8.20am, and 15.30-15.50) and then in the evenings. Hopefully the backspray will only go up my missus' back, and not mine. :) she isn't on it all that much anyway, so don't think it will be an issue.

Unfortunately this month's MFB (Motorbike Fun Budget) was eaten up in full with the 120b saw. :) But as soon as it increases I'd like a new muffler (for aesthetics mainly, think carbon fiber would look really well with the colour scheme). Then go for the insides - the honda dealer I go to will put in a new carb from the NSR and change the air filter to suit.

MFB depending.

As it stands, with an oil change every month, new air filter and carb clean every 5 or so months, it is a little animal on the streets of BKK.

Edit:

It really feels so much more sporty and stable with the back lowered, if I can somehow get the rear break lever adjusted to be lower, I'll take the back down to the final notch on the rear spring. I'm 175 cm and my right leg would be uncomfortable while driving with my foot on the rear brake lever if the bike was any lower.

Edited by thomo

Cheers, will do.

Picked up a little saw for 120b in Tesco and the bottom of the mudguard came off in about 2 minutes. Looks much nicer. Have only driven in the wet about 2 times in the last year, it just doesn't seem to rain at the times of the day I'm on it (8.00-8.20am, and 15.30-15.50) and then in the evenings. Hopefully the backspray will only go up my missus' back, and not mine. :) she isn't on it all that much anyway, so don't think it will be an issue.

Unfortunately this month's MFB (Motorbike Fun Budget) was eaten up in full with the 120b saw. :) But as soon as it increases I'd like a new muffler (for aesthetics mainly, think carbon fiber would look really well with the colour scheme). Then go for the insides - the honda dealer I go to will put in a new carb from the NSR and change the air filter to suit.

MFB depending.

As it stands, with an oil change every month, new air filter and carb clean every 5 or so months, it is a little animal on the streets of BKK.

Edit:

It really feels so much more sporty and stable with the back lowered, if I can somehow get the rear break lever adjusted to be lower, I'll take the back down to the final notch on the rear spring. I'm 175 cm and my right leg would be uncomfortable while driving with my foot on the rear brake lever if the bike was any lower.

I am also looking to change my muffler as the chrome does not lend itself to being rust free, even with polishing every day, but still it works. If you find a nice carbon fibre one, please let me know where?

Keep us updated and ride carefully.

Will do, remember seeing a few small muffler and exhaust shops around, just can't remember where. :)

Hopefully someone on here can point us in the right direction.

Edited by thomo

Great thread. I got 75 pages done and skiped to the end.

I have a 1 year old CBR 150 and have removed all the decals off the bike, except the tank. The decals on the plastic bits came off easy with little residue. I am a bit concerned about the ones on the fuel tank, they almost look like they have a clear coat over them.

Question: Can I remove the tank decals with my heat gun or am I going to mess the paint up.

Thanks

marcus

Riding Posture was also one of my concerns when i bought a bike. Initially, i wanted a bike like this... originated from india originally known as the Bajaj pulsar. Came in 180, 200, and 220 cc.. oil cooled twin spark ignition... however none was for sale locally till after some time i got my CBR150.

rouser1.jpg

the best thing i liked about this bike is it's magnificent H4 headlight (unlike CBR150's crappy H6), the digital instrumentation, & the stock 120/80 tire (compared to CBR's 100/80)

Im not sorry for my purchase tho, since 'power' was also a major consideration. Tried & tested, the stock CBR150 needed only 90% effort to show the stock 200cc is no match for power & speed.

Having enjoyed the 'power' of my mini sportbike, now i had to find a way to 'enjoy' leisurely riding. Being more into muscle bikes with a more standard posture, i thought of adopting some of it's details. Budget was limited, so i just made a few adjustments to the CBR150's ergonomics...

cbr1i.jpg

Ofcourse there would be a lot more improvement if i were able to fit a 'riser' for the handlebars. I also needed longer throttle and clutch cables, not to mention the harness wires going to the switches. Too much hassle & costly so i did the next best thing...

A lower rear shock, more bucket(ed) seat, and handlebars raised to the maximum without affecting the clutch & throttle pull, plus the handlebars were angled more toward the rider to minimize crouching. The over all effect was a lot better than the stock. Seating position is now more 'upright' without feeling awkward or looking silly. The lowered rear suspension helps avoid leaning forward too much, so the palms & wrists take less weight & pressure.

:D The overall handling felt about just the same as the stock, tho rake & trail has somehow changed -its not really a big deal since i was never after touching my knees on the pavement on every corner.

Lower racing handlebars and rearsets are something i dont think i'll ever need for my riding purpose :)

I find the bike seems light in the rear end, Back wheel locks up easy and skids easy. Did lowering the rear help at all with this? Thanks

You might throw up a bit of a rooster tail in the wet if you cut off that piece of mudguard? Let me know what effect it has ?

Well it's been raining heavily the past 2 nights (and yesterday). Although I didn't drive in the actual rain, I was out minutes after it had stopped and yes, after a 20km journey there was specks of mud up onto the back seat and fairing. Not a lot, just a few more larger specks than normal. As I'm out on the bike in or just after the rain about 5 times in one year, it's alright though.

Thanks for that Thomo.

I am a bit scared of taking off my rear mudguard as I have a camera attached under my cargo box. ( Yes I know it does not look nice, but it is lockable for my fancy helmet and shopping).

I often get out to ride in the very heavy downpours on Phuket and without the rear mudguard, I worry that I will spray too much water water onto my rear view camera lens and obscure my rear view. I cant see much behind me using the standard little wing mirrors, hence the camera.

post-82551-078733000 1278396336_thumb.jp

post-82551-098659300 1278396123_thumb.jp

I cant see much behind me using the standard little wing mirrors,

Don't think any of us can. :)

Nice solution though. How much did the camera set cost?

It cost then at the end of last year, about 4000.00 B to import from England. Ordered it online and it was her in under seven days, just needed connecting up. As an added precaution against draining the battery, I put in another on/off switch to the battery, to make sure there were no trickles of power lost to anything when the bike stood. Also serves as a good anti-theft devise to.

Just google BikeEye, I don't want to run foul of the posting rules. The company is maK4 in reverse.

Hope this helps?

Hey guys, I own a 2007 CBR150 and should be getting a 172CC bore up kit soon along with the new RC211 fairing kit.

My current list of mods are:

Unlimited CDI

14T front sprocket

CVK30 carb

Air intake with modified air box

Racing springs/clutch plate

short throw shifter

brake upgrade (300mm plate, frando caliper, stainless steel brake lines, etc)

DBS exhaust system

I would like to upgrade to wider rims since I think the stock wheels will look waaay too skinny with the new kit on. right now I'm considering 3.0-3.5 inch rims. I've been recommended HRC RS125 rims... was wondering if I could get any input on this? Are there any other rims that I should be looking at?

Will 3.5 inch wheels fit on the stock swingarm? or would i have to look into upgrading that also?

I've seen on thai forums that a lot of people seem to put CBR400 swingarms on their CBR150's and it looks really nice. I'm consdering doing this also. Anybody know if this is an easy swap? What are the pros and cons of this swap? will the swingarm be too heavy for the bike? Or should I look into aftermarket swingarms made especially for the CBR150?

Hope this helps?

It does indeed, thanks.

CVK30 carb

Air intake with modified air box

DBS exhaust system

Can't help you with the rims. But these are my next mods, but only to the 28 carb from the NSR150. Was it easy to get the CVK30? And was the difference with these really noticeable?

DBS Pipes

Anybody have good or bad experiences with these DBS pipes?

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&sl=th&tl=en&u=http://www.grim-dbs.com/tdbs1.asp&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&usg=ALkJrhiBf1hd6VfGDcdegk-iMT1tqOARpg

Have quite a large range for all the scooters up to the Ninja 250.

CBR 150 is 5,500 for the carbon fibre, and 4,500 for the stainless steel inc. the downpipe.

Edited by thomo

DBS Pipes

Anybody have good or bad experiences with these DBS pipes?

http://translate.goo...egk-iMT1tqOARpg

Have quite a large range for all the scooters up to the Ninja 250.

CBR 150 is 5,500 for the carbon fibre, and 4,500 for the stainless steel inc. the downpipe.

I see a lot of Thai Ninja 250R racers using DBS pipes- they seem well made and are quite cheap.

A new one? Go to the Honda dealer.

Second hand? There's a few shops along Suk 70, perhaps they'll have one or two.

Other than that, on Ratchprarop there's a shop with 3 or 4. coming up from Prathunam, it's just past the junction with Soi Rang Nam. About 5 meters past it. Expect you can get about 10% off their asking price.

There is of course always going to be some on classifieds sites like bahtsold.com

Edited by thomo

Interesting prices from Faddybike for exhausts, paid in cash at his shop.

ENDURANCE EXHAUST 10001C = 3700THB

NMF EXHAUST 10002C = not available

DBS EXHAUST 10006C = 4200THB

All have removable DB killers.

My shop opens 9AM-5PM (Mon-Fri) and 9AM-noon (Sat)

Cheaper than the DBS website.

And presume the 'DB killers' are noise killers, that don't affect the performance?

Edited by thomo