Honda Cbr150

Crow Boy

WHOOPEEEE! :partytime2:

I got my new 150 back today. Despite the fact that my wife told them to only fix/replace the clutch cable/lever and foot shifter lever, they replaced EVERYTHING that had even a small scratch on it. New red front, new white faring on right side, new muffler cover, along with the clutch cable/lever and foot shifter. Looks like it just rolled off the showroom floor, and cost about half of what I thought it would be.

:clap2:

congrats, enjoy it and drive safe !

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got my new 150 back today. Despite the fact that my wife told them to only fix/replace the clutch cable/lever and foot shifter lever, they replaced EVERYTHING that had even a small scratch on it. New red front, new white faring on right side, new muffler cover, along with the clutch cable/lever and foot shifter. Looks like it just rolled off the showroom floor, and cost about half of what I thought it would be.

:D Great it worked out all ok in the end...... Next time you want get "up close and amorous" with the wife...remember not to be on the bike at the time hehe. Seriously a good conclusion and lesson learned for all of us. Sounds like a good dealer also!!

:D Great it worked out all ok in the end...... Next time you want get "up close and amorous" with the wife...remember not to be on the bike at the time hehe. Seriously a good conclusion and lesson learned for all of us. Sounds like a good dealer also!!

I have always had excellent service at the Honda Showroom dealer here in C.M., and more than once they've given me a "discount" on things. Maybe that's because in the past 2-1/2 years we've bought a new Air Blade, Scoopy and old model CBR, paying cash for each of them. Or it could be that little wifey has cousin that works there. lol. Or both. The day I went to pick up my new CBR, one of the guys in the Service Dept, who speaks a little English, told me: "When time for service, you bring to me. I take care of you."

Oh, and I've already told my wife: "Don't get within 5 meters of me when we're both driving." She just laughed. :lol:

^ Did they fit training wheels to it?

Yeah, but then they realized it was MY bike and not YOURS, so they apologized and immediately took them off.

:cheesy:

:lol: Enjoy it j1v. Keep it upright for more than a week this time ;) Sounds like a good dealer too....

Yeah, but then they realized it was MY bike and not YOURS, so they apologized and immediately took them off.

:lol: Fairly big call coming from someone whos put more scratches on his bike than kilometres :lol::rolleyes: .

Please note, none of the bikes here have ever been crashed. ;)

:lol: Fairly big call coming from someone whos put more scratches on his bike than kilometres :lol::rolleyes: .

What do you ride in Thailand ND?

What do you ride in Thailand ND?

Ohh I have a selection of little bikes here to ride, why do you ask, is there some sort of 'qualifying' to be able to post here in the 150 thread. If so, one of them is a 150, although its off the road at the moment having some internal work performed. :D

Do excuse me ND for asking what you ride on a motorcycle thread, seems like a perfectly normal question, to me anyway. I actually don't care what size bike someone rides as long as they enjoy it. I've had a few, ranging from a Yamaha FS1E 50cc 2 stroker to a GSXR 1100. Currently on my little cnr150 which still manages to give me pleasure.

15 vs 250

There has been, and will continue to be, a lot of talk about both bikes. And while sitting here this morning enjoying my coffee, I was contemplating the differences between the two, and what will prompt some, like me, to go for the 150, while others are pretty much dead set on the 250. So, let’s look at a few things.

STYLING – The styling on both is a guaranteed “eye-catcher”. My tri-color draws attention and notice wherever I go, and I’m sure the 250 will do the same. Both are much better looking than anything that’s been available so far, excluding, perhaps, the Ninja 250.

COLOR AVAILABILITY – Right now colors and color combinations are somewhat limited, but I have a feeling that will change over time, with more color options becoming available for both bikes. A good example of this is the Honda PCX. When they first came out I thought the color combinations were atrocious and not attractive at all. Then, a couple of weeks ago the Honda Showroom in CNX had one that was all white, with black flowing decals that looked great! Apparently someone else did as well because the next day it was gone.

PERFORMANCE – While it’s a no brainer that the 250 will outperform the 150 on the highways, I have a feeling the 150 will definitely have the edge in city traffic. I have found very little difference in that aspect between my new one and my old one. But after renting a Ninja 250 for a couple of days, and deliberately taking it into town during peak traffic times, I found myself “stuck” behind cars/trucks because the bike as just too big to go around them in many cases. I think the same will be true with the 250.

And while I can’t speak for others, I’ll be 62 in a few weeks, and that, combined with some medical problems over the last 4 years, has somewhat tempered my “need for speed”, as well as the constant “living on the edge” and always looking for that next adrenalin rush.

GAS MILEAGE – Here I think the 150 will have the edge per liter over the 250 due to the smaller engine size. Again, that’s pretty much a no brainer.

RIDER COMFORT – For those of us who prefer this style of riding verses the “cruiser” style of say a Phantom, I think both bikes will satisfy us. I know my 150 does. In my opinion the new 150 has a much better and more comfortable ride than the old one.

PRACTICALITY – This, in my opinion, pretty much boils down to one question: “How are you going to be using the bike?” If most of your driving is in the city, I feel the 150 has the edge. If most of it is on the highways, advantage 250. If you’re like me and it’s pretty much an equal combination of both, then I think the advantage goes to the 150.

PRICING – I really don’t see this as a factor for most of us. If we can afford to plop down cash or major deposit for the 150, then the 250 is still in range.

PERSONAL PREFERENCES – This is what it’s all about. It’s what each of us, individually, are looking for in a bike, which is actually a combination of all the things I’ve listed above.

Both bikes have their advantages, and I think Honda has done the right thing in producing both, as each will appeal, for the most part, to a different segment of buyers, with both being happy with their selection.

Whichever you choose, ride happy and, above all, ride safe.

P.S. As for the comments from N.D., I'll stick to the adage that my father told me. "It's not fair to engage in a battle of wits with someone who is ill prepared for the fight."

GAS MILEAGE – Here I think the 150 will have the edge per liter over the 250 due to the smaller engine size. Again, that's pretty much a no brainer.

Thats a very good comparo you've done there J1V, between the 150-250, my bet is you're probably right on the money.

The only thing I will point out regarding your fuel consumption note above is that 'sometimes' theres a little more than sheer engine size that comes into that sort of assumption. Often it might come down to gearing and nearly always what speeds the compared bikes are being ridden in. I was actually surprised at how much fuel my 150 consumed whilst being thrashed alongside my mates larger 600cc bike, which was virtually just ideling along at the same speed. Having said that, in my experience the CBR150 (Old model) can be very very frugle.

I'm wondering if the new CBR150 can actually improve its fuel consumption much over the old model considering the extra lard its carrying and all that.

Regarding you last message to me, thats very funny :thumbsup: especially coming from you.

GAS MILEAGE – Here I think the 150 will have the edge per liter over the 250 due to the smaller engine size. Again, that's pretty much a no brainer.

Thats a very good comparo you've done there J1V, between the 150-250, my bet is you're probably right on the money.

The only thing I will point out regarding your fuel consumption note above is that 'sometimes' theres a little more than sheer engine size that comes into that sort of assumption. Often it might come down to gearing and nearly always what speeds the compared bikes are being ridden in. I was actually surprised at how much fuel my 150 consumed whilst being thrashed alongside my mates larger 600cc bike, which was virtually just ideling along at the same speed. Having said that, in my experience the CBR150 (Old model) can be very very frugle.

I'm wondering if the new CBR150 can actually improve its fuel consumption much over the old model considering the extra lard its carrying and all that.

Regarding you last message to me, thats very funny :thumbsup: especially coming from you.

I agree the gas mileage may be a variable, depending on any number of factors, but am basing my opinion on the two being driven by riders of similar weight, at the same speed over a distance.

When I came out of the mall today a new tricolor had parked beside my older version 150. I have to say it made my bike look like a bit of a relic. The new 150 is more of an improvement than I had imagined, and the skinny stock tires on mine just look pathetic.

I was much happier with my bike before I had the side by side comparison.

But I am still not going to buy another CBR 150, I need more of a change than that.

When I came out of the mall today a new tricolor had parked beside my older version 150. I have to say it made my bike look like a bit of a relic. The new 150 is more of an improvement than I had imagined, and the skinny stock tires on mine just look pathetic.

But I am still not going to buy another CBR 150, I need more of a change than that.

By any chance were parked in front of the McD's near the Night Bazaar in C.M.? The reason I ask is that I went to Subway for lunch, and parked my new tri-color next to an older model black one, exactly like the one I used to have. And, yeah, when you see a side by side comparison like that, it really brings out the differences. When I came out of Subway, the black one was gone, but 3-4 Thai were checking mine out. haha

By any chance were parked in front of the McD's near the Night Bazaar in C.M.? The reason I ask is that I went to Subway for lunch, and parked my new tri-color next to an older model black one, exactly like the one I used to have. And, yeah, when you see a side by side comparison like that, it really brings out the differences. When I came out of Subway, the black one was gone, but 3-4 Thai were checking mine out. haha

My bike is orange with flames, not stock.

You are right, especially those tiny stock tires on the old model makes it look funny. I noticed that before, have a look now... i think i dont have to hide behind a new cbr :D

post-77479-0-21551600-1292234532_thumb.j

post-77479-0-53308300-1292234542_thumb.j

post-77479-0-96741400-1292234555_thumb.j

You are right, especially those tiny stock tires on the old model makes it look funny. I noticed that before, have a look now... i think i dont have to hide behind a new cbr :D

Looks better, but I was talking to a guy today who did the same thing, and he said it made a noticeable difference, as in reduction, of his speed as well.

Looks better, but I was talking to a guy today who did the same thing, and he said it made a noticeable difference, as in reduction, of his speed as well.

yes thats true i would say about 10kmh less, but can be adjusted by small mods like air filter, exhaust and cdi.

I found a web site that has some nice "accessories" for the CBR, such as rear bags, tank bags, etc. Only problem is that is for the U.S. Market, but I'm sure some, if not all of them, will also be available here at some point in time.

http://www.chromeworld.com/GroupDetails/SubGroupResults.aspx?gid={7a1f77b5-93a0-4c5b-b56f-dcbec83d34a5}&SearchType=_GROUP_SEARCH&GroupName=Honda+CBR+Parts+and+Accessories&

I have now driven about 2000km om my beautiful tri-color down here in phuket, and im just back from a quick spin kamala-karon and back. The last weeks i have rented both the ninja 650R and the baby 250, sure its great fun to go fast with the 650R and i will prob buy one next year, but "diving" in and out beetween cars and scooters on high RPM's in patong and the small curvy roads here in phuket with the 150 is just as fun, really enjoying the bike and lookin forward to putting many more km's on the meter.

I have now driven about 2000km om my beautiful tri-color down here in phuket, and im just back from a quick spin kamala-karon and back. The last weeks i have rented both the ninja 650R and the baby 250, sure its great fun to go fast with the 650R and i will prob buy one next year, but "diving" in and out beetween cars and scooters on high RPM's in patong and the small curvy roads here in phuket with the 150 is just as fun, really enjoying the bike and lookin forward to putting many more km's on the meter.

And you will keep having fun with it! For your next bike, check out the Kawasaki Versus. I think that might be the ideal bike for Thailand as it has lots of suspension travel and it is darn light. I like a light bike for Thailand as it lets you get off the beaten path and it is easier to handle on the downhills. We just got back to CM from a trip up to Pu Chi Fah, up the Mekong to Chiang Saen and then to Mae Salong. Hit some rough dirt tracks to several hill tribe villages where a big bike would have a very tough time. Two up and we had a blast. Ran into a Truimph/BMW Super Bike club and some of those guys had 50,000 baht in tires. That would be the cost of my bike and all operating costs for 4 years! Here are some pics....

post-498-0-88126300-1292335132_thumb.jpg

post-498-0-72903300-1292335168_thumb.jpg

post-498-0-03896400-1292335191_thumb.jpg

post-498-0-37910300-1292335230_thumb.jpg

post-498-0-98593200-1292335265_thumb.jpg

post-498-0-96585900-1292335304_thumb.jpg

post-498-0-04164500-1292335378_thumb.jpg

post-498-0-70447300-1292335609_thumb.jpg

First off - Welcome back T-Dog. Sounds like you had some fun. Glad you and misses are back safe and sound.

Second, agree with Powderpuff to some extent. The black one does look bigger for some reason. Optical Illusion. lol. But, on Monday I stopped by the Kawi shop here in Chiang Mai to see if they still had any tank bags (like the one T-Dog has on his in the photos). They did, but small ones. When I came out of the show room there was a guy from the U.K. II think) who was checking out my tri-color and told me that he saw me pull in, and thought it was a much bigger bike, and was shocked to see it was the new 150. He has the last of the old models, but was buying a Ninja 650 for highway, and had already bought another off-roader just for fun.

We talked about the differences between old and new, and then he gave me a tip for tires. I said I wanted to change to Michelin or Dunlap, but he told me there's a shop across from McCormick hospital where the guy has IRC 77's, which is a softer compound than the stock IRC 44's on the old one, and a MUCH better tire, and about 1,200 baht. So I'm gonna go check it out.

Can any of the owners of the new cbr150 report on top speed yet? Would certainly be interesting...

Not sure about top speed, but when I raced against the older model a couple of weeks ago, I was doing about 135, and still accelerating, when I passed him, but then throttled back when he did the same. I plan to take the Doi Saket highway sometime and just pin the throttle to see what it will actually do. I'll let you know.

:whistling:

Can any of the owners of the new cbr150 report on top speed yet? Would certainly be interesting...

Not sure about top speed, but when I raced against the older model a couple of weeks ago, I was doing about 135, and still accelerating, when I passed him, but then throttled back when he did the same. I plan to take the Doi Saket highway sometime and just pin the throttle to see what it will actually do. I'll let you know.

:whistling:

Thanks jiv but, when you do, stick another 30 kilos on, I'm 90kg, a little heavier than you ;)