Honda Cbr150

Crow Boy

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, anyone in here know Crag Plantz? 48, from the UK. He was on the forum here for a while, wanting to buy a 150. Lives in Chiang Mai, works in Doi Saket. We spoke on MSN a few times, and exchanged some emails, and he was supposed to give me a call and come by for dinner, but then just seems to have vanished into thin air just prior to New Year. No response to emails, not on MSN, and not here on the forum. He gave me his mobile, but I forgot to write it down or put it in my phone, so I can't call him. Just wondering if something happened to him. If anyone knows anything, please PM me and let me know.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone. I acquired a CBR 150 FI here in the Philippines 3 weeks ago and I want to add some accessories to my bike but there are no available aftermarket parts yet here and I am wondering if somebody in Thailand can sell and import these items in the Philippines.

yeah the bike looks nice naked but this guy kept the front which makes it look fugly, he should get another front like from KLX or D-tracker.

The Honda Sonic front will look nice on it I think.

It's kind of tempting to strip the bike naked and turn it to a street fighter.

Met a tricolor on my way home to Saimun in San Kamphaeng, was it anyone from the forum?

yeah the bike looks nice naked but this guy kept the front which makes it look fugly, he should get another front like from KLX or D-tracker.

Met a tricolor on my way home to Saimun in San Kamphaeng, was it anyone from the forum?

If it was a tri-color, and the rider was wearing black Honda racing jacket, white helmet with U.S. flag stickers on either side, it was me. If not, then someone else. I live near San Kamphaeng and to there once or twice a week, but I know there is another tri-color somewhere in this area that I've see at both Carr Four and Tesco/Lotus.

If it was a tri-color, and the rider was wearing black Honda racing jacket, white helmet with U.S. flag stickers on either side, it was me. If not, then someone else. I live near San Kamphaeng and to there once or twice a week, but I know there is another tri-color somewhere in this area that I've see at both Carr Four and Tesco/Lotus.

Yeah, I think it was you I talked to this morning at the Honda service center...:D

Yeah, I think it was you I talked to this morning at the Honda service center...:D

Hummm, I was there this morning. Wife and I both took our bikes in to check a few things out, and also took a friend along who is thinking of getting a Scoopy, but don't remember talking to anyone other than the sales rep in the showroom, telling him i want to order the silver/gray ABS, and my mechanic.

Hummm, I was there this morning. Wife and I both took our bikes in to check a few things out, and also took a friend along who is thinking of getting a Scoopy, but don't remember talking to anyone other than the sales rep in the showroom, telling him i want to order the silver/gray ABS, and my mechanic.

Must be someone else then... I was on my way out of the service center when a guy on a tricolor arrived with a guy on a red under bone bike (Dream/ old Wave). He said he also wanted a silver 250.

Hey, Red.

I was having a "brain fart" yesterday. Yeah, that was me you talked to. You had the black 250. My friend has a new Wave 125, (doesn't even have plates/book for it yet), but wants to trade/sell it and buy a Scoopy for his wife. She drove my wife's Scoopy and loves it. And he's going to by a Lifan 250. We stopped and looked at them on the way home. He wants me to get one as well, so we can do some trips together. Lifan is a nice looking bike, but the foot pegs/brake/clutch pedal need to be set more forward. The way they are now puts my knees up too high. I told him he can get that, I'll still go with the CBR 250, and we can still do the trips.

Today I'm heading out in just a few to do the run up to Doi Suthep on the 150. Want to see how it handles the mountains & curves. Should be fun.

Edited by Just1Voice

Hey, Red.

I was having a "brain fart" yesterday. Yeah, that was me you talked to. You had the black 250. My friend has a new Wave 125, (doesn't even have plates/book for it yet), but wants to trade/sell it and buy a Scoopy for his wife. She drove my wife's Scoopy and loves it. And he's going to by a Lifan 250. We stopped and looked at them on the way home. He wants me to get one as well, so we can do some trips together. Lifan is a nice looking bike, but the foot pegs/brake/clutch pedal need to be set more forward. The way they are now puts my knees up too high. I told him he can get that, I'll still go with the CBR 250, and we can still do the trips.

Today I'm heading out in just a few to do the run up to Doi Suthep on the 150. Want to see how it handles the mountains & curves. Should be fun.

Would it be a fair assessment to say that (so far) the Chinese bikes are significantly down on their horsepower compared to their Japanese counterparts?

]Ok, 1:00 and I just got back a little while ago from my trip to Doi Suthep. Been wanting to do that for a while now, and today was a perfect day to do it. I live near San Kamphaeng, so it was a good drive.

The 150 performed flawlessly on the curves in the mountains, and while I wasn't trying to set any speed records, it was a blast. Most of the trip was made in 4th gear, with a couple of places I had to down shift to 3rd, and even 2nd a couple of times. If I had been going for speed, I could have hit 5th & 6th in a few places, but was basically just out for the ride. On the way back, about 2-3 kilometers from the temple, I saw a black/silver trim on the way up.

Stopped and took a few pics along the way, and also at the temple steps. I wanted to go to the top, but my physical condition just wouldn't allow that. It wasn't until I was ready to leave that I noticed the lift that will take you up. Oh, well, next time.

post-82655-0-73350000-1297577369_thumb.j

post-82655-0-02457300-1297577399_thumb.j

post-82655-0-70600900-1297577478_thumb.j

post-82655-0-60277900-1297577503_thumb.j

post-82655-0-99942500-1297577529_thumb.j

post-82655-0-27238300-1297577561_thumb.j

post-82655-0-03740200-1297577596_thumb.j

post-82655-0-87426200-1297577631_thumb.j

post-82655-0-25992000-1297577680_thumb.j

post-82655-0-13677300-1297577441_thumb.j

Hey, Red.

Would it be a fair assessment to say that (so far) the Chinese bikes are significantly down on their horsepower compared to their Japanese counterparts?

I think that's a pretty fair assessment. The Lifan LF250-B is a nice looking cruiser, but definitely underpowered. Their web site quotes 100kph, but the dealer said they will actually do 120. I laughed and told him my 150 will do much better than that. But my friend is an old Harley guy, and other than a 2nd hand Phantom, this is about the best he's going to find. It's a nice looking bike, and the price is less than the CBR 150, and he says his "speed days" are long gone and now he's just looking for a dependable cruiser. According to him, everyone he's talked to on the Lifan form loves the bike a no one has had any kind of problem with them.

Oh, well, to each his own

Nice pics. Loved living in CM and hope to again when I'm closer to retirement.

btw Ape Honda have released a rear touring frame if anyone's interested.

(image)

1,499b and a btl of nam plaa at your nearest Honda dealer.

Nice... I've seen several CBR-150 market side cars in Koh Chang and the other month when we cruised through Chong Thong on the Mekong, we saw several CBR-150 powered Tuk Tuks. Didn't get a photo of a one but here is the concept with a Yamaha. Sad but true!

post-498-0-04846800-1297591119_thumb.jpg

post-498-0-81102700-1297591254_thumb.jpg

post-498-0-14260100-1297591281_thumb.jpg

(image)

Nice... I've seen several CBR-150 market side cars in Koh Chang and the other month when we cruised through Chong Thong on the Mekong, we saw several CBR-150 powered Tuk Tuks. Didn't get a photo of a one but here is the concept with a Yamaha. Sad but true!

:(

BTW, J1V you could also go the opposite direction and go San Kamphaeng - Bosang - Mae Rim - Mae Taeng (around 70 km).

The road from Mae Rim to Huay Kaew is also nice (the one where you pass the Chiang Mai Highway Authority office)-- even surface with lots of nice turns.

(image)

:(

BTW, J1V you could also go the opposite direction and go San Kamphaeng - Bosang - Mae Rim - Mae Taeng (around 70 km).

The road from Mae Rim to Huay Kaew is also nice (the one where you pass the Chiang Mai Highway Authority office)-- even surface with lots of nice turns.

Hey, Red.

I live on Hwy 121 just about 2k from Bosang. Been to San Kamphaeng plenty of times. One very nice road is the one from Doi Saket to Bosang. Wide, good straights, nice curves. nothing but rice paddies on either side most of the way. Went to Mae Rim a few weeks ago. Straight up 121 to Mae Rim highway. Good ride. My next one is going to be to Mae Sai just for the hell of it. After that, Pitsanulock, and then the long one to Nong Khai, which my lovely and loving Thai wife is not really in favor of me doing alone. Maybe I'll wait for my buddy to get his Lifan and have him go with me, IF he can keep up with me. lol.

sad day today, sold my tri-color =/ and for the price of 55k.

first one bought in phuket, first one sold in....Thailand?

Don't think so.

Many have been trying to sell since the 250 was released.

55k is a good deal for a 4 month? old bike.

Edited by appropriate