Honda Cbr150

Crow Boy

Sometimes it pays to be persistent. When I bought my tri color, the first one sold in Chiang Mai, it came with the Platinum Package which included, among other things, a helmet. Except they didn't have any at the time, so they knocked 1,000 baht off the price of the bike. They finally came out with helmets with the same design/color scheme as the tri color 150. One with plastic face shield, one a full face. I love HJC the full face, but not at the price of 2,390 baht.

I had bought a REAL helmet, which is good, solid white, and today I stopped at Honda to see if maybe they could just order me the decals from the full face and I could put them on mine. Sorry, can't do that I was told by a girl who actually speaks some English, which is new. So, I patiently explained to her that I've bought FOUR bikes from them in the past 3 years. New Airblade, New Scoopy, and TWO CBR 150's, and that when I bought my tri-color I didn't get the helmet I was supposed to get.

To make a long story short, after a bit of negotiating, they agreed to sell me the full face at a discount. They did some checking on the computer, then wrote down a price of 1,990. I took the pen and scratched that out and wrote 1750. The girl and another guy talked for a while, and she finally looked at me, smiled and said "Ok".

It look SOOOOO good with my bike, as well as the tri-color jacket I also bought a while back. lol

I went looking at helmets today. The main Mityon branch (Pattaya) didn't have the CBR helmets but the Kawasaki shop (which is owned by Mityon) did. They had the 3 different colours and all looked good, though the Black/Grey one had the eagle face but not the Japanese writing. Unfortunately they only had L sizes, which was a bit loose for me. The biggest problem though was the price, they wanted THB4,900!!! The REAL Classic is THB2500.

Wandered in next door to the bike showroom and they had what they are calling the 2012 Ninja 250. The only difference is the paint scheme; a nice red and black. It certainly looks good, IMO the best colour scheme for the Ninja 250. Was hoping Kwaka would do a major update, so hope this isn't really the '2012' model!

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes it pays to be persistent. When I bought my tri color, the first one sold in Chiang Mai, it came with the Platinum Package which included, among other things, a helmet. Except they didn't have any at the time, so they knocked 1,000 baht off the price of the bike. They finally came out with helmets with the same design/color scheme as the tri color 150. One with plastic face shield, one a full face. I love HJC the full face, but not at the price of 2,390 baht.

I had bought a REAL helmet, which is good, solid white, and today I stopped at Honda to see if maybe they could just order me the decals from the full face and I could put them on mine. Sorry, can't do that I was told by a girl who actually speaks some English, which is new. So, I patiently explained to her that I've bought FOUR bikes from them in the past 3 years. New Airblade, New Scoopy, and TWO CBR 150's, and that when I bought my tri-color I didn't get the helmet I was supposed to get.

To make a long story short, after a bit of negotiating, they agreed to sell me the full face at a discount. They did some checking on the computer, then wrote down a price of 1,990. I took the pen and scratched that out and wrote 1750. The girl and another guy talked for a while, and she finally looked at me, smiled and said "Ok".

It look SOOOOO good with my bike, as well as the tri-color jacket I also bought a while back. lol

I went looking at helmets today. The main Mityon branch (Pattaya) didn't have the CBR helmets but the Kawasaki shop (which is owned by Mityon) did. They had the 3 different colours and all looked good, though the Black/Grey one had the eagle face but not the Japanese writing. Unfortunately they only had L sizes, which was a bit loose for me. The biggest problem though was the price, they wanted THB4,900!!! The REAL Classic is THB2500.

Wandered in next door to the bike showroom and they had what they are calling the 2012 Ninja 250. The only difference is the paint scheme; a nice red and black. It certainly looks good, IMO the best colour scheme for the Ninja 250. Was hoping Kwaka would do a major update, so hope this isn't really the '2012' model!

the "new" ninja 250 is red + black or they have it in green with weird blue stickers on it (why blue ???)

(i was in kawa HQ yesterday and these seem to be the latest colours ,the girl i spoke with said thats the new models )

by the way the new d-tracker 250cc looks gorgeous in white + red ,much better than the previous years blue+ black one imo

I have the opposite problem - they have an M or L but it's usually an XL or an XXL for me :(.

I have the opposite problem - they have an M or L but it's usually an XL or an XXL for me :(.

Yeah, but I've seen you, so I can understand why the XL or XXL. You ain't exactly the typical "small Thai".

:cheesy:

Yeah, but I've seen you, so I can understand why the XL or XXL. You ain't exactly the typical "small Thai".

is Red21 a Thai?

is Red21 a Thai?

I think so, but not positive. Only saw him once, briefly at Honda, and small he ain't. lol Not fat, but Big! The guy you want on YOUR side when the fight breaks out. lol

Filipino (with Chinese ancestry -- my maternal great grandfather was from Macau), not Thai... though most of the time people mistake me for one. The last longer trip I had with the CBR a few Thais at the gas station mistook me for a Japanese , same thing happens when I'm with my wife and son at the mall. I speak Thai fluently (more or less) since I've been here for almost 9 years.:D

Edited by RED21

I prefer this...

yamahafz16-3.jpg?w=300

YAMAHA FZ16 Bison – Specification

Engine : 153cc, 4-stroke, SOHC

Maximum Power : 14bhp @ 7500rpm

Maximum Torque : 13.9Nm @ 6000rpm

Gears : 5 Speed Manual

Valve Per Cylinder : 4

Chassis Type(Frame) : Diamond

Cooling Type : Air Cooling

Suspension(Front) : Telescopic

Suspension(Rear) : Monocross

Brakes(Front) : 267mm Hydraulic Disc

Brakes(Rear) : Drum

Wheel Type : 5 Spoke Alloy wheels

Wheel Size : 100/60 – 140/60 mm

Length : 1975.00 mm

Width : 770.00 mm

Height : 1045.00 mm

Tyre : Tubeless

Fuel Tank Capacity : 12 liters

Engine Oil Tank Capacity : 1.2 liters

Weight : 126 kg.

Fuel Guage : Digital(Liquid Crystal Display)

Tacho Meter : Digital(Liquid Crystal Display)

Trip Meter : Digital(Liquid Crystal Display)

Speedometer : Digital(Liquid Crystal Display)

Self Start : Available

Low Fuel Indicator : Available

Low Oil Indicator : Available

Low Battery Indicator : Available

Fuel Consumption(City) : 37 km/litre

Fuel Consumption(Highway) : 48 km/litre

Only niggle I have is the rear brake is drum type...:(

Filipino (with Chinese ancestry -- my maternal great grandfather was from Macau), not Thai... though most of the time people mistake me for one. The last longer trip I had with the CBR a few Thais at the gas station mistook me for a Japanese , same thing happens when I'm with my wife and son at the mall. I speak Thai fluently (more or less) since I've been here for almost 9 years.:D

Whatever the ancestry, still want you on my side when the fight breaks out. lol

hello CBR riders.

I'm on the way of making fiberglass part and some decorative for a new cbr for commercial and want your comments on my prototype.

here's some finished (just a prototype , a production will be a little bit different after fixing)

first are HID projectors install externally. as I don't want to touch the stock reflector.

impressive performance , vision , brightness , color , durability (passed two flood and uncountable rain)

two things that keep nudge me are battery consumption and position.

but let's not worry about the battery issue , it can't be avoided , on the position I think they are just look weird . like a foreign object , not congruent with the bike.

I was thinking about make some fiberglass part to make like a mask for them below the light housing , some guys say " make them look like R1" . yeah , I would try

what do you think?

next thing are the front turn signal.

I adapt it from front of Nouvo Elengance . I think it look sooooo cool . but my brother said this is ugly sh-t .

well , as far as I'm showed them to thai CBR guys they say they are just stunning.

now whose eyes are blind. me or my brother (my brother is more into something four-wheeled , so he may not understanding biker style :()

only problem found is that they have a lower resistant bulb and make the them blink faster.

I have to install a variable relay to slow them down , but still not at 60 -80 blink per min, it still like a 120 / min . I need to figure this out somehow , any suggestion?

img0277al.jpg

img0279ab.jpg

img0280ai.jpg

img0278ai.jpg

img0270au.jpg

img0273aar.jpg

last thing on this week is a rear tire hugger , put it over the swingarm and it will just stay there with out any screw or bolt needed . permanent magnet .

DO NOT LOOK at its surface , I know it's hideous , I waiting for a gel coat to dry for 4 days but the rain just keep pouring down and I drop it on the floor one time when I was cleaning the work spaces :(

let just look on it shape

I want to make a rear section look bigger.

and look at my rear shock absorber . that stock fender just not help and it get spalshed easily , if this goes on , the shock's life would be shorten.

this design should protect the shock absorber completely and give rear part a nice big and sturdy look .

I design it to be able to use with up to 150 tire and .

other parts are coming this month

wind shield (higher , like fireblade's)

front fender ( yeah , I copy half of it from fireblade , too)

petrol tank cover ,. this will make the tank Entirely different shape and look for better grip and comfortable to "laying" on

pavillion seat cover

lower cowling . lower them more 8 cm . made them sportier and bigger , fuller from front to rear . like an R6 but the tip will be slightly blunt , not as sharp as r6

aprreciate any comments

and apologize for any language errors , I try my best and will be better next time.

Hi uppalux, nice work! The HIDs look great. A bit hard to tell with the front indicators, would be good with a photo or 2 further away from the bike, but i like the idea; i remember on a CBR250 forum that some guys were thinking of doing a similar thing.

Looking forward to see the rest of the mods; the rain seems to be getting stronger though!

Good on you for getting proactive, Uppalux. Personally I'd like to see a new, sportier rear section, from the seat back. with not half as much plastic. Even a new small plastic section that those small rear farings could attach to, as opposed to the big chunky piece they attach to on the stock model. :)

Hi uppalux, nice work! The HIDs look great. A bit hard to tell with the front indicators, would be good with a photo or 2 further away from the bike, but i like the idea; i remember on a CBR250 forum that some guys were thinking of doing a similar thing.

Looking forward to see the rest of the mods; the rain seems to be getting stronger though!

dam_n the rain , :angry: this should be the entering winter by now .

then this whole project should be finished already .

the projectors look ok.. the indicators look fugly.. they are to big. can you do some better pictures..

I will try to use my brother DSLR next time

Good on you for getting proactive, Uppalux. Personally I'd like to see a new, sportier rear section, from the seat back. with not half as much plastic. Even a new small plastic section that those small rear farings could attach to, as opposed to the big chunky piece they attach to on the stock model. :)

yes there's many complains about a rear section too.

but sorry sir , I just don't understand what pieces exactly are you meaning. (bless my language skill )

did you mean an Undertail like those customs ninja (I personally prefer this)

Or plastic seat cover

or entirely rear section like these 250 in the track

Also UPPA..what was the cost of the projectors are they water proof. where did you buy?

it's about 5000 B

I buy a car projector fox lamp and HID xenon kit separately .

and do some mod on projectors and housing , do some wiring

But if I were to sell it , it would be a semi complete kit , I'll get all the wire and fuse done , no need to cur or drill the fairing for brainless installation , magnet attatched (some thai wanz boy needs it ).

water proof ? yes ,

A retailer told me it's waterproof at some degree but not DROWN proof . I doubt that

. so while I was washing , I tried shooting a water directy to them several times . at different angle.

as far as I see , it survived , without any humid left inside the projector , include their regulator boxs and wires .

I will try to get their night performance picture compare to stock next time . for comparison

Probably just put red tape on the rims will improve the red -black combo.

If I just keep it all black then yellow or silver tape. Anyone know where i can buy yellow or silver rim tape in CM (obviously not from Honda)?

Seat cowl, anyone? Something simpler than the bulbous one for the 250r would be nice. Something similar to this...

RS--HONDA_CBR_1000RR_08-09_DR1.JPG

Was thinking of changing the front fender and rear side panels to red. It turns out it doesn't look good. Thanks to Photoshop, I didn't have to get the parts to see how it looked.

post-118861-0-77914300-1315536649_thumb.

black and red eh .

here's my friend bike he gone all the way for his bike

http://www.cbr150club.com/board/index.php?topic=26714.0

about sticker

there's one shop (and I think only in chiang mai)

it's the auto sticker shop on outer side of the moat

way from Huarin corner (chumpae makata) to Katam corner.

on the way you'll passed Duang kamol book shop and some school

pull after that school , they have a lot of sticker hanging from the ceilings

Anyone know where i can buy yellow or silver rim tape in CM (obviously not from Honda)?

I'd like to know that myself. There's one shop I know that MIGHT have it. I'll check and find out. If so, let you know.

about sticker

there's one shop (and I think only in chiang mai)

it's the auto sticker shop on outer side of the moat

way from Huarin corner (chumpae makata) to Katam corner.

on the way you'll passed Duang kamol book shop and some school

pull after that school , they have a lot of sticker hanging from the ceilings

Got a quote from Faddybike:

black shield+cowl 94121J = 1700THB

Domestic EMS delivery cost = 150THB (about 3days)

Total = 1850THB

rearseat cover 250/150i = 1200THB

can be added with the shield/cowl.