LAZADA Fake Scam Brand Bait and Switch

Fuk Thong

3 minutes ago, amexpat said:
12 minutes ago, Hi Tea said:

(a) it's my choice to do that but,

(b) more importantly, it helped to make the point of my comment.

a. Just because you have the right to do it doesn't make it the right thing to do.

Doesn't make it a wrong thing to do, either, it's my opinion, this is a forum!

• Like 1

Yes, I got scammed by an Indonesian dropshipper for an electric pepper grinder as well. Sent a dummy showpiece. Lazada is now starting to be full of these small time scammers, if they don't do something about them, it's reputation will plummet. Not that it's that good anyway.

And amazon uses DHL which means revenge of passport snatchers. Online shopping in Thailand is <deleted>.

7 minutes ago, Hi Tea said:

Nothing "erroneous" about it at all unless you can clarify.  It was a comment, my opinion and accurate!

And, while you're so busy giving judgment on my comment as "totally unhelpful and erroneous", what exactly was so totally helpful and accurate about your comment above?    Maybe you're allowed to post a "totally unhelpful and erroneous reply", to use your words, and then criticise others for doing the same thing?  Isn't that called hypocrisy?

Not if I am supporting the OP. Therefore it is helpful to the OP.

Your reply was neither helpful nor accurate.

But let's not continue this dialogue. It will go nowhere. It's a small thing. Let it go.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:
11 minutes ago, Hi Tea said:

Nothing "erroneous" about it at all unless you can clarify.  It was a comment, my opinion and accurate!

Yes, I can clarify.

The seller used a registered trademark to sell the item and sold it at a price close to what would be expected of the genuine item. That is fraud and a scam. It is certainly not honest.

I'm not sure why you think that because now that he has it in his possession and can see that it is cheap fake rubbish, that he should be happy about being tricked and having to send it back.

Having to send it back is an unnecessary inconvenience.

Easy enough to state that it is a copy of a Nutribullet. But they sold it as a Nutribullet. Fraud.

"The seller used a registered trademark to sell the item and sold it at a price close to what would be expected of the genuine item. That is fraud and a scam".

They sent the wrong item, that's all as far as anyone knows,.  He doesn't have to keep it, he can get a refund. The item he was sent wasn't branded Nutribullet so it was not a fraud or a scam, unless he couldn't get a refund. 

"I'm not sure why you think that because now that he has it in his possession and can see that it is cheap fake rubbish, that he should be happy..."

I didn't say that he should be happy with the item!  It wasn't a fake, it was a different brand but, regardless, how do you know that it was "cheap rubbish", have you examined it?

Lazada is inundated with fake products.

Two months ago I ordered for about 2000 Baht of batteries, brands duracel - panasonic and GP.

ALL of them were fake.

I send pictures to the companies, and they all replied that it were clearly fakes.

Lazada told me they take counterfeit VERY serious, and seller will be banned.

They told me to send the fake items back, which I refused

They then refunded me the whole lot, and gave me about the same amount in vouchers as well.

Now 2 months later those sellers are still online, selling the same fake products.

Since I got an email update from Panasonic, which again confirmed they were fake with details how to distinguish the original Panasonic batteries, I sent another email to Lazada.

They replied that the case was closed.

I really consider presenting my evidence to OCPB or the police, but I guess that is another futile exercise.

Sure Lazada has shady sellers. But that's compensated for by (a) excellent help line (b) easy return policy.

I have ordered 100s of items from Lazada. I prepay with my CC. Stuff gets left at my building's reception. If I like it I keep it (which is most often). If I don't I go through the simple return process and drop the item off at a 7/11 or a Kerry center. Refund gets credited to my CC. No stress, no sweat.

The most grief I ever got returning was when Lazada asked me to wait for the seller's response. Nothing for a few days. Then I called Lazada and they said go ahead and return. Oh, and one time I got a really crappy office chair. Carting that to the Kerry center on the back of a motasai was a pain in the rear.

44 minutes ago, Hi Tea said:

"The seller used a registered trademark to sell the item and sold it at a price close to what would be expected of the genuine item. That is fraud and a scam".

They sent the wrong item, that's all as far as anyone knows,.  He doesn't have to keep it, he can get a refund. The item he was sent wasn't branded Nutribullet so it was not a fraud or a scam, unless he couldn't get a refund. 

They didn't send the wrong item, they never intended to send the brandname item

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Oldie said:

Never had to send anything back on eBay and always got a full refund. In some cases I had to send a photo of the damaged item to the seller. Sure the items were not very expensive. I ordered a lot on eBay and never lost money. 

Lucky you. Very different experience for me. Sending me wrong stuff with free delivery, then demanding I send with courier to US even though it was sent from China, and pay the DHL more than the item was worth if I wanted it exchanged... or seller sending it without tracking against then "it got lost"... I had eBay Global Shipping open my package and put it back so badly it then broke in transit to me - and took absolutely no responsibility for any of this, told me to take it up with seller. So no, I'm not overly impressed with eBay. But then again, this is about Lazada, not eBay. I've never lost money on Lazada. Even I was sent a fake (returned for refund a couple of days later) and a piece of cardboard instead of the product ordered - Lazada triggered dispute and refunded me after seller failed to respond.

1 hour ago, Hi Tea said:

A precis...

You ordered an item, the wrong item was delivered (which may or may not have been intentional, who knows?).  You have the option to return it for a refund.

To use your own words, "the end".

There was no "fake", there was no "scam", the brand name can be seen in your photos and clearly was not a faked "Nutribullet" name.  Return it if you don't want it.

"advertised product (most likely) will not be the one you receive". 

That is just not the case.

Here's a suggestion for a more accurate title to your OP...

Lazada Sent Me The Wrong Item.

Do you work for Lazada? 

OP has clearly stated what happened to him and the fact that he attempted to contact the seller and they were would not help, it's clearly a scam and the seller has intentionally created a misleading product page. A product can be classed as "passing off" or "counterfeit" if it has been designed to resemble the original branded item, it does not have to have the "brand name". 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Hi Tea said:

"I'm not sure why you think that because now that he has it in his possession and can see that it is cheap fake rubbish, that he should be happy..."

I didn't say that he should be happy with the item!  It wasn't a fake, it was a different brand but, regardless, how do you know that it was "cheap rubbish", have you examined it?

So you think they have a stock of the real item; https://www.nutribullet.com/shop/blenders/personal/ but they accidentally sent him a cheap knock off?

There is no different brand. It's a fake. NutriBullet is a registered trademark. He used that trademark to trick people into thinking they would get a genuine NutriBullet. Then he sent a cheap copy.

If he wanted to be honest, he could have easily written NutriBullet style or some such.

But it was a 'Bait & Switch' scam.

• Like 1

And everyone is saying Covid is killing the economy.  It is people who do not buy locally that are also hurting the economy.  Yes I use Lazada, but try and buy locally, even use bahtsold quite often.  Remember, think globally, act locally. 

I would rather pay more to a local business than order online anyday

Suppose we are all hypocrites, saying how we foreigners are so important to the Thai economy while ordering TV's Computers, and other products online

BTW - how is a Nutribullet any different than a regular blender? ????

14 minutes ago, Hi Tea said:

You know that how, exactly?  You don't.

But I'd say the probability of the seller knowing he's not sending a genuine brand item would be about 99.99999999999%. I reserve the rest for the apologists to make their case with.

Scammers be scammers.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

So you think they have a stock of the real item; https://www.nutribullet.com/shop/blenders/personal/ but they accidentally sent him a cheap knock off?

There is no different brand. It's a fake. NutriBullet is a registered trademark. He used that trademark to trick people into thinking they would get a genuine NutriBullet. Then he sent a cheap copy.

If he wanted to be honest, he could have easily written NutriBullet style or some such.

But it was a 'Bait & Switch' scam.

"So you think they have a stock of the real item; https://www.nutribullet.com/shop/blenders/personal/ but they accidentally sent him a cheap knock off?"

It's possibility, yes, how could you specifically know any different? 

They didn't send him a "cheap knock-off", they sent him a different brand.  A "cheap knock-off" suggests a counterfeit item.

"There is no different brand. It's a fake. NutriBullet is a registered trademark. He used that trademark to trick people into thinking they would get a genuine NutriBullet. Then he sent a cheap copy".

Geez... there is a different brand, KESHUAI, it shows clearly in the OP's photos, nowhere does the branding say Nutribullet!  It was not a 'copy' Nutribullet.

Edited by Hi Tea
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

But I'd say the probability of the seller knowing he's not sending a genuine brand item would be about 99.99999999999%. I reserve the rest for the apologists to make their case with.

Scammers be scammers.

The seller didn't send a non-genuine item (i.e. fake), he sent a Keshuai item that was branded Keshuai.  It's only a scam if the buyer has no recourse!

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Hi Tea said:

The seller didn't send a non-genuine item (i.e. fake), he sent a Keshuai item that was branded Keshuai.  It's only a scam if the buyer has no recourse!

Yeah right after having the nutribullet image on lazada. It's a bait&switch clear and simple. You don't happen to be the seller are you?

• Like 1

Two years ago, I received several fake items from Lazada.  I promptly printed off return labels and sent them back at 7/11 at no cost, keeping the receipts.  I received a refund to my credit card.  I think that I was able to receive a refund for one item that I didn’t have to send back.  Since then all of the items that I have received have been acceptable.  I don’t know whether 7/11 still accepts items shipped back to Lazada.  How are posters returning their items now?

4 hours ago, fdsa said:

FYI Lazada is rebranded Aliexpress - owned by Alibaba holdings and hosted in China.

If you want to support local online business - use Shopee instead - made and hosted in Thailand.

Wrong! Incorporated  in Singapore as is Shopee. ???? But they are all part of Alibaba

Edited by uncleP
Can't spell

Shopee I would say is kinda singaporean but with very strong chinese interests. Tencent owns a significant chunk and other holders and the founder are china-born but living in Singapore. Lazada was founded by Germans but then sold out to Alibaba. It has been transformed heavily and I'd say is nearly a re-skin of Aliexpress. By now it is thoroughly chinese, also judging by how hard it pushes all kinds of chinese products.

I've seen Lazada go down in terms of quality of the website as well as the assortment of products.

Lazada has tons and tons of technical issues that they are unable to resolve. Not because of the capability of their developers but because they have pretty bad organizational management. The tracking when they use their own Lazada Express doesn't work at all. They show me a "captcha" on the second search and after solving it they return me back to my previous search and not where I wanted to go. Their email address verification system is broken. Their coupon code system is broken. All these things I've told to people inside Lazada who acknowledged most of these are known but it is unknown if they will be fixed. Re coupon code issue according to the people I spoke to wouldn't be ackknowledged by the responsible department because they didn't understand the situation.

Shoppee used to be Thai only but has done some work to provide english as a language. There is plenty left to do there.

Unfortunately both are becoming more and more distributors of cheap chinese goods. The issue of blatant fakes on Lazada has grown a lot from what I noticed people reporting (my GF was a victim as well).

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, uncleP said:

Wrong! Incorporated  in Singapore as is Shopee. ???? But they are all part of Alibaba

Where they are incorporated doesn't matter all too much imho. Control of Lazada lies in China.

Shopee is not part of Alibaba. They belong to Sea Group.

38 minutes ago, Oldie said:

It was probably a dropshipper. A bane of online shopping everywhere. 

There are two things lazada should do ASAP:

1. Group identical items under one search result and list the sellers there, like Amazon does

2. Do due diligence on sellers - only registered companies allowed and must make contact details public

That would already sort out 99% of the scammers.

6 hours ago, fdsa said:

FYI Lazada is rebranded Aliexpress - owned by Alibaba holdings and hosted in China.

If you want to support local online business - use Shopee instead - made and hosted in Thailand.

Shoppee was founded in, and continues to be, a Singaporean company.