Oz long-stayers to Phuket in September?

Do any Oz forum members know anything about the new visa and "tourist" access? Anyone been in contacted by the Thai Embassy.

Thai news is reporting that 200 from NZ and Australia are planned to arrive to Phuket as first batch late September.

Apparently, its is all being handled by a new company of which TAT own a 30% share.

Application requirement is covid test, insurance (100k) and fit to fly. Also talk of a "new" visa.

News is scant at this moment but may break more esp in Oz. I have a link but know links form news sources are frowned upon. Its direct quote from Tourism and Transport Minister Phiphat Ratchakitprakarn

Edited by MRToMRT
  • Haha 2

Please inform me how will they get consent to leave Australia?

Permission to leave for a holiday is not a compelling reason.

Returning to Australia (if allowed to leave) requires two weeks hotel quarantine at own expense now.

Should the person wish to fly to and from WA no go as borders closed, Qld borders closed from NSW (except for the "border bubble region) 

Just now, RJRS1301 said:

Should the person wish to fly to and from WA no go as borders closed, Qld borders closed from NSW (except for the "border bubble region) 

Just to add to your post.....you can't even fly into Melbourne and most states have blocked Victoria. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Everything I have read the earliest is October and it still not confirmed and approved yet.

The company handling it is Thailand Long Stay  ( http://www.thailongstay.co.th/  ) and it is partly owned by TAT. It was formed in 2001 so it is not new.

Australia does not care about some "company" handing out invitations to Australians. It won't happen.

Some folk are going into 6+ weeks of stage 4/5 curfew and lockdown. 

I find this thread a joke and insult to folk doing it tough in Australia. 

Keep an eye on OP opening statement.

"Do any Oz forum members...." 

Very specific.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Confused 1

And... who better to target than those from Australia and New Zealand, who of course want to escape their beautiful warm summer months?! 

It's European countries they need to target who have such harsh winters. And actually, the current cases per 100,000 population is actually lower in a lot of Europe than it is currently in Australia. But if everyone is having several tests anyway, that should be irrelevant. 

13 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Keep an eye on OP opening statement.

"Do any Oz forum members...." 

Yes because the quote directly mentions Australia. So if it was/is true then some Australians may know something about it.

The news sources are Examiner, BKP and Thaiger. The quote of the Minister is dated 30 August. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, MRToMRT said:

Yes because the quote directly mentions Australia. So if it was/is true then some Australians may know something about it.

The news sources are Examiner, BKP and Thaiger. The quote of the Minister is dated 30 August. 

I'm sorry but is that a joke. 

Many Oz guys currently in Au with family or long term partner or retired guys with condo own/rent etc etc in Thailand.

And you post about pathway to sojorn in Phuket. Insulting at best.

16 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Many Oz guys currently in Au with family or long term partner or retired guys with condo own/rent etc etc in Thailand.

It's a possible way back into the country, a sort of gateway to get to wherever you need to get to, without opening up the whole country without restrictions and risk a second wave. For Thailand, zero locally transmitted cases is the all that is acceptable. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, leicesterguyuk said:

It's a possible way back into the country, a sort of gateway to get to wherever you need to get to, without opening up the whole country without restrictions and risk a second wave. For Thailand, zero locally transmitted cases is the all that is acceptable. 

Australian government said...No

2 hours ago, MRToMRT said:

Thai news is reporting that 200 from NZ and Australia are planned to arrive to Phuket as first batch late September.

Are these 200 returning on compelling and compassionate grounds?It doesn't seem to mention that so it could be possible they are.

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

So I am dissing Australians by asking about a quote of the Thai Minister for Transport? 

I am not Australian, I am not in australia, I am not planning a holiday.

Does that chip come with steak and salad?

Edited by MRToMRT
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Are these 200 returning on compelling and compassionate grounds?It doesn't seem to mention that so it could be possible they are.

Today AU news hit out at few "special cases" one was x PM Tony Abbot who obtained exemption to fly to Europe for corporate gig. Another rich cat who obtained exemption to pick up his luxury boat from France. Has made headlines. Has caused a storm.

NO ONE is flying from AU to Phuket.

6 minutes ago, MRToMRT said:

So I am dissing Australians by asking about a quote of the Thai Minister for Transport? 

I am not Australian, I am not in australia, I am not planning a holiday.

Does that chip come with steak and salad?

So your thread is just having a joke.

I also read thaivisa news forum. 

Every day ministers and notables make nonsense announcements. 

Then you throw some comment from that into Thai visa forum. 

Excellent work.

I dont know about Qatar cuts flights to Oz, I have a confirmed ticket on Qatar in a week and 2 associates just flew out of Paris, on Air France, to Perth.

Australia's rules around entering and leaving are tough no doubt. Perhaps if we didn't have a bunch of <deleted> security guards screwing people in quarantine we might have been past this by now.

Wear a mask and observe social distancing. If you need to convince yourself that quarantine and travel restrictions are important imaging someone you care about catching this virus and dying