Non O married extensions All options by the rules in C Rai today

Cheers ShaunduhPostman

You may wish to recall the 60 day option may only be played once, and regardless of whether like me they offer starting Sep 27th, you may want ask if you can wait a bit, each Officer may behave differently,

I'm confident of wait and see here for 2-3 weeks in case amensty extends or any border bounce becomes an option.

Let us know how it goes. good luck.

Like all of us good to plan your options if local office is a non runner

Edited by RubbaJohnny
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, UncleMhee said:

The big question with Plan A. Can you just bounce back in without all of the required docs? i.e. USD$100,000 Covid insurance, certificate of entry, 14 day ASQ, multiple tests.......

This is similar advice to what is being given elsewhere......without full disclosure. Attempt plan A at your peril.....unless things change exponentially.

Indeed. Should be very very cautious about making an exit, in case the gate slams shut.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UncleMhee said:

The big question with Plan A. Can you just bounce back in without all of the required docs? i.e. USD$100,000 Covid insurance, certificate of entry, 14 day ASQ, multiple tests.......

This is similar advice to what is being given elsewhere......without full disclosure. Attempt plan A at your peril.....unless things change exponentially.

Agree your comment, I was merely reporting what the officer suggested.

While expensive some people have re entered.

The main risk aside from the cost maybe air travel with many others.

Recent examples in UK and the English teacher returning here suggest confined in a metal tube sharing a bathroom with hundreds of others is unwise in present climate.

I spoke both with a boder officer and government official in Laos  and see very little prospect of my local Laos border re-opening before 26th so barring another amnetsy extension there seem to be a few options for me.

I like Malaysia so should that border open I'd make the long trip 3 days by car as I'd see it as holiday if simple to re -enter.I read teh through trains to Butterworth in a closed Aircon cabin ended, and having to change is a hassle/risk.

No problem with tests or forms but no desire to sit in any hotel,however luxurious esp if filled with other potential carriers for weeks.

So my options boil down to 

Pay for 60 days

Pay for a year married or retired

Leave.From my own research seems a few warm options for me Trabzon on Kara Deniz or N Cyprus via Turkey, while a visa needed can cross in and out of EU controlled Cyprus where I don't need a visa until January and only Euro 6 after that per 9 days.

Fortunately I have the cash seasoned and the fare so my options are constrained by health risks here or elsewhere, and a desire not to renew visa here each September, prefer November when I am  always here.

I realize those unmarried or under 50 etc have fewer options which may include the dreaded agents, caveat emptor.

Edited by RubbaJohnny
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NealeGoldingay said:

Thanks for posting, I'm in CR also and will have to do similar. 

Am I right in presuming your plan C is basically to just switch to a normal 1 yr extension based on marriage or retirement and provide nessaccary funds .

Yes

7 hours ago, RubbaJohnny said:

I read teh through trains to Butterworth in a closed Aircon cabin ended, and having to change is a hassle/risk.

The train from Bangkok to Butterworth stopped some years ago, I think July 2016.

Things are not much different, before you got off the train went through immigration and then back on the same train. Now after immigration you just go to a different platform and catch a Malaysian train.

The greater hassle/risk is getting into Malaysia and back into Thailand.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, sandyf said:

The train from Bangkok to Butterworth stopped some years ago, I think July 2016.

Things are not much different, before you got off the train went through immigration and then back on the same train. Now after immigration you just go to a different platform and catch a Malaysian train.

The greater hassle/risk is getting into Malaysia and back into Thailand.

Forget it, not an option until Jan 1, 2021 at the earliest as Malaysia will remain closed until Dec 31. 

8 hours ago, TheFreqFlyer said:

Forget it, not an option until Jan 1, 2021 at the earliest as Malaysia will remain closed until Dec 31. 

You have responded to the wrong poster, but par for the course.

At the moment Malaysia is much the same as Thailand, restricted entry for foreigners and going  into quarantine, nothing to say they won't move forward in a similar manner.

got the marriage-one-year-visa at chiangrai immigration office yesterday (1.9.2020) - all very smooth - very friendly staff - cannot get the retirement-visa because my last non-o was from savannakhet (laos) - also marriage-visa!

but next year i can apply for retirement-visa.

if you want more infos - please PM! thanks!

attached the informations, they give me with all the required documents!

IMG_2582.JPG

IMG_2583.JPG

• Like 1