Work Permit holders stranded abroad?

I was wondering what would happen to non b visa and work permit holders if their visas and work permits are expired while they are stranded abroad.

Would they have to start the process all over again or they could get a temporary entry and apply for an extension once they are in Thailand.

I am concerned since that would break the requirement of having consecutive three year visa extensions to be able to apply for a PR.

Any info on this would be appreciated.

A new non-b visa would have to be issued for entry and to qualify for a certificate of entry. A new work permit or a WP3 receipt would be needed as well.

That would certainly cause the 3 consecutive years on extensions to be lost.

1 hour ago, ronaldo0 said:

My work permit expires in October but my visa expires in December. I have a re-entry permit with the visa but I guess I will need apply again for new work permit instead of renewing it .

You can have your work permit extended if you are here to do it. A work permit is not tied to your permit to stay.

I assume you have a extension of stay not a valid non-b visa,

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You can have your work permit extended if you are here to do it. A work permit is not tied to your permit to stay.

I assume you have a extension of stay not a valid non-b visa,

Stuck in the uk at the moment. The extension of stay expires 19th Dec so hopefully get back before then . 

My work permit expired in May - it was extended in my absence and is ready for pick-up, however, this was not accepted by Thai consulate. Further my non immigrant type B also expired end of July.

Now I have to start all over again with no chance getting back before commercial flights start again.