Renew extension based on marriage when wife in hospital?

Hi, long time lurker here.

My pregnant wife has gotten into complications and has been admitted to hospital.

Its currently unclear for how long, it might be until the baby pops out ( which is due in nov )

My extension will expire on the 26th of sept, hence my wife wont be able to attend immigration....

Does anyone know if its possible to renew a marriage extension whilst the spouse ( wife ) is in hospital ?

What would the procedure be ?

Immigration in Petchaburi basically said "though luck", I'm thinking Chaeng Wattana might be more sympathetic to the wifes situation?

You would need a letter from a doctor stating she is unable to travel to be present for the application. Most immigration offices should accept that and do the extension.

Are you applying for a one year extension of stay?

You have to apply for a extension at the designated office for where you are living. Chane Wattan would probably turn you away if you went there.

We did tell them that we can get doctor letter etc ( even asked the immi office what they wanted it to state, but they refused the possibility )

Yes applying for a one year extension, i hold a work permit too in another province and was told by HR if i did the 60 day visit wife extension, the work permit would be void.

We own both a condo on Bangkok and Cha-Am (Petchaburi) And the wife is in a hospital in Bangkok, hence my idea to head to Chaeng Wattana, do a TM30 to change where we are living and proceed with the extension there.

34 minutes ago, anderska said:

We own both a condo on Bangkok and Cha-Am (Petchaburi) And the wife is in a hospital in Bangkok, hence my idea to head to Chaeng Wattana, do a TM30 to change where we are living and proceed with the extension there.

You could do that since it would easy to prove your residence in Bangkok.

The 60 day extension is an extension on your current permission to stay, so your WP will remain valid. But there still is the COVID-90 amnesty till the 26th.

Changing to BKK is possible.

You can also do an extension based on taking care of a sick family member (clause 2.25 of the police order), which gives you up to 90 days and can be renewed.

So, if i get this straight

Head to Chaeng wattana, do a TM30

Armed with a doctors letter

Updated kor ror 2

The usual photos

Bank letter, stating 400k for 3 months.

Anything else that I'm forgetting ?

Then, in theory Chaeng Wattana would be more responsive to the doctors letter ?

Just now, Preacher said:

They might or might not. But otherwise they will do the 60 day extension or the extension based on medical reasons.

The issue with doing the 60 days is that it will expire right about the same time the baby is due, so could prove to make things interesting.

Maybe i should just rent a ambulance, and roll her in with on a hospital bed, complete with IV and doctors ? ????

1 minute ago, anderska said:

Head to Chaeng wattana, do a TM30

Those are done at the temporary office at Muang Thong Thani now.

Here is my general list of required documents. Marriage Extension Requirements 2.pdf

The probably will give you the statement for you wife to complete that she has to do. It is the one done every year that both of you have to sign.

Hi

just yesterday IO gave me a new application form that explicitly states something like to be submitted in person unless sick or disabled.

will upload later today

internet could be NOT up to date it seems, but I gave up on new website.

Cannot find what I need.

19 minutes ago, KKr said:

just yesterday IO gave me a new application form that explicitly states something like to be submitted in person unless sick or disabled.

The new form has been used for over 3 years now. Download:  Fillable TM7 form.pdf

Most commonly used forms are in this post on the pinned topic here. https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/631223-immigration-templates/?do=findComment&comment=11882320

@ubonjoe good morning from the south, I wanted to share my case and ask for some help, since is a complicated situation I couldn’t find much reliable info last weeks and I think you are pretty updated, I had a non o based on marriage valid until 23 jun 2020, last 90 re entry was valid until 15 mar, but since borders were close I was in amnesty, on June 22 I got divorced and presume automatically lose my non o visa based on marriage. Didn’t matter then since the amnesty was until end of July and now till end of September. 
my plan is to stay in the country, the problem is that in this situation I’m not able to switch or get any visa, besides volunteer (not the most trustworthy option) 1year for 70k thb..... or medical extension of 3 months For 25k. 
another option might be to get a work permit? 
I can’t believe this is all my options, I know I had so much time to find a solution but it’s been so hard to make clear and yet every immigration officer I call has been telling me different things... 
please if you have any advise is more than welcome. ????????????

20 minutes ago, southruben said:

I had a non o based on marriage valid until 23 jun 2020, last 90 re entry was valid until 15 mar, but since borders were close I was in amnesty, on June 22 I got divorced and presume automatically lose my non o visa based on marriage.

Your entry using a non-o visa is still valid other than that it has expired. Only a extension of stay ends when you get divorced.

You don't have to change visas since you entered using a non-o visa and you cannot apply for a non immigrant visa at immigration that can on be done if you entered visa exempt or on a tourist visa.

You do not have many choices for an extension of some kind. You could get a 30 day extension with a letter from embassy.

A work permit does not allow you to stay in the country. If you found a job you could get a work permit and extension of stay based upon working.

36 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You do not have many choices for an extension of some kind. You could get a 30 day extension with a letter from embassy.

@ubonjoe so what would be your recommendation to do now, wait 1 or 2 weeks more till there’s some new announcements (maybe Cambodian broder open) or maybe just take a volunteer visa? 
anything else I could do that I can’t think about ? 

2 hours ago, southruben said:

is that in this situation I’m not able to switch or get any visa, besides volunteer (not the most trustworthy option) 1year for 70k thb.....

as time advise, those crooked agents want even more money ... I was quoted 55k and that was already a big STEAL (did not take it)

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

A work permit does not allow you to stay in the country. If you found a job you could get a work permit and extension of stay based upon working.

As I said I really would like to stay here long term, I have no family or work or home back in Europe.

So if there’s no other chance and I’ll proceed to register a company with a thai partner and apply for a work permit myself. 
-would it be enough time from now to complete the all the process before end of September? 
-what is the approximate cost of the whole process? (Thai national company registering and complete work permit application) 
-is there an agency (Lawyer/accountancy) that runs this whole process to recommend me please? I couldn’t find any reliable one yet that can answer my questions and understand the situation or give me a cost of all together. 
Thanks 

34 minutes ago, southruben said:

So if there’s no other chance and I’ll proceed to register a company with a thai partner and apply for a work permit myself. 
-would it be enough time from now to complete the all the process before end of September? 

I don't think you would have time to do it all. Plust you would still need to apply for a one year extension based upon working.

The rest I cannot answer.

On 9/2/2020 at 3:22 PM, anderska said:

We did tell them that we can get doctor letter etc ( even asked the immi office what they wanted it to state, but they refused the possibility )

Yes applying for a one year extension, i hold a work permit too in another province and was told by HR if i did the 60 day visit wife extension, the work permit would be void.

Your wife will probably be find because she didn't report you on a TM30 within 24 hours.

23 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The new form has been used for over 3 years now. Download:  Fillable TM7 form.pdf

Most commonly used forms are in this post on the pinned topic here. https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/631223-immigration-templates/?do=findComment&comment=11882320

Interesting, have missed that. 
will make note of that topic, thank you for pointing it out ???? 

Hi, as promised here is the results after immigration today.

The ever so friendly and helpful immigration dragon declined any extension (1 year, 60 day, 90 day for care relative ) as long as my wife was not present.

She presented me with two options: you go home your country (gee thanks, abandon my pregnant wife, where they find these people).

Other option was an ambulance and a wheelchair.....

So, tomorrow we will show up in the morning with lights and horns blazing and rolling her in on a stretcher, quite possible complete with IV and all!

Its gonna make a great photo op, any one know any journalists ????

Will update after tomorrow again.

Cheers

Anders

Today we arrived early in the morning at Chaeng wattana with sirens and the works, rolling out dear wife on a stretcher....

This made the front desk immigration officers visibly uncomfortable , I guess the optics of having someone lying on a stretcher inside immigration wasnt great...

They first asked my wife why she was here ? A doctors letter would be enough for the extension (geee thanks), and she could go home, after telling them that we have tried that but their friendly collegue insisted on her coming there, they fastracked us into the queue ( thanks !) 

There was then some uneasy phone calls from the officers trying to get a hold on the officer who I had the pleasure of meeting yesterday and explain that there was a  pregnant thai women lying here waiting for her.

I then got the normal runaround doing new copies of copies of copies etc before getting my under consideration stamp!

It was here things went sideways when the officer from yesterday showed up, and unfortunately was a superior, who put a stop to the whole thing.
Her argument was that we had done the TM30 online, hence did not have an actual paper from immigration with a receipt and thus it was invalid, and insisted that we go to the other immigration office to lodge a paper version of the TM30 before my extension would be processed.

At that point I went out and talked to one of the friendly immigration staffers at the information counter, who sighed and actually helped us out by doing the TM30 there on the spot!

I was then fined by the dragon for lodging my TM30 to late, since I obviously was in Bangkok yesterday and thus more than 24hours....

But I know got the under consideration stamp !

Cheers