If you got an embassy-letter COVID extension, you cannot get a non-B, non-O, wife extension

This is what Hat Yai immigration told me yesterday. I cannot apply for a non-O, non-B, or 60 day to visit wife extension, due to the embassy-letter-supported-extension I got in March. What makes it worse is that the amnesty was announced before my extension kicked in, so in the end I didn't even need it. 

We took in the Thai Immigration memo from last week that asks IOs to give people the free "Official extension stamp" and the US Embassy email which suggests IOs can help bridge people from short stay to long stay, but it didn't make a difference. The Immigration officer is trying to speak to her boss to see if she can help us, but there is no guarantee. It seems I can get further 30 day amnesty letter extensions, if my embassy issues them, but I want to get legitimate stay.

If anyone has managed to get any kind of extension recently having used the embassy letter extension earlier in the year, please share. 

I am aware of people that applied for non immigrant visas and extensions with a special 30 day extension as far back as April.

There is certainly no rule that says that ti cannot be. Just a misconception by some immigration officers.

Sounds really strange, due to that there is an official document from immigration that clearly states that they are obligated to put a regular stamp in your passport for stay until 26 sept. if you ask for it. That will mean that there has not been any extension made after the amnesty went into effect since April.

Have you tried to show them that document. Because if they do not adhere to that, they go straight against their superiors. Don´t think they wish to do that. ????