Portland police make over 50 arrests, use tear gas as protesters throw fire bombs

webfact

16 hours ago, Tug said:

This needs to stop #1 it’s wrong #2 it plays directly into trumps hands let’s change out administrations then we can address the underlying issues creating the unrest obviously it won’t get addressed under trump 

You're right. This plays into Trump's hand. Now... what underlying issues do you think need to be addressed? From where I am standing, I see the United States of America as one of the best countries in the world to live in as far as equal rights, opportunities to prosper and overall freedom. Seeing people riot, loot and destroy in such an awesome country doesn't bode well for their cause.

10 hours ago, jimmybcool said:

I don't know.  How many years did DEMs have absolute control under Obama.  Hint - the Health Care initiative was passed without any help from the GOP so it was a bulletproof majority.  And BTW it is normal for the party not in power to deter the one in power from running the ship too far left or right.  I'm not complaining that DEMs prevent Trump from enacting anything he wants.

And as to divisions, it's funny how much they ramp up in an election year.  I keep hearing how divisive Trump is and racist yet don't see it.  I see media twisting everything he ever says.  I see that same media giving a pass to DEMs who say stupid stuff.  I see as much divisive rhetoric from DEM politicians as I do from Trump.  If you want balance in your opinion you need so spend as much time on Fox as you do CNN.  Both heavily biased.  CNN more so because Fox really doesn't like Trump either.

Last do you blame Trump for the arrival of Covid?  Did he do everything perfectly?  No.  But idiots on the left also promoted stupid stuff early on so let's stop the lame it's all Trumps fault meme.  Is it Cuomo's fault the deaths in NY?

Obama held both houses for two years. Regards your comment concerning trump not being divisive - "three monkeys". Yes, trump does have ownership of the mismanagement of the Covid-19 crisis in the US, specifically his denials, minimisation of threat, inconsistent and contradictory polices. trump goes on about cancelling flight into the US from China, in fact it was so poorly managed that at least 40,000 entered the US after the announcement. trump delayed action as he wanted to avoid hurting trade relations with PRC etc

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Credo said:

So, how did that work out?  Are the riots over?   

No, they're not. Riots cannot be stopped without local law enforcement being allowed to do their job. The Portland Mayor has rejected multiple offers for help. Thus, he owns the situation 100%. There's no getting around that simple reality.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, DaftToPutRealName said:

I think even North Korea is smart enough to keep their violent criminals locked up rather than letting them back on the street minutes later.

Certainly part of potential justice reforms that are needed. I would submit that also needing attention is why the USA has more of their citizens in prisons than any other participatory democracy. Certainly we might agree the justice system needs reform.

The rioters that were amongst the protesters should not only be arrested

but sent to jail.  These so called protests have stopped being protests when they

turned violent and property started getting destroyed. Who ever is involved

after that point are rioters and criminals.  I have wanted to to to see the Spruce Goose 

in Portland, but certainly do not want to go anywhere close to there with all these

idiots in that city.  I do hope the good citizens will keep their teenagers and young

adults at home and not let them join in this damage.  Glad I do not have a TV to 

see all the carnage.  By the way All lives matter, and there should not be a certain

colour that gets any more attention, than any other colour.  Watching the last black fellow

disregarding the law enforcement officers, when they had already tried to use non lethal

force on him that did not work, makes me wonder just what was he on.  The media

certainly has not said anything about why he ignored the police and went to his car where 

he was shot.

Geezer

• Like 1