Drinking and Kidneys - MEDIAL CHECKUPS

Seeall

Hi All,

Medical Checkups
Can we please have recent information on medical checkups as it seems to be a bit of a "business" here in Phuket and I am sure we all are mostly concerned with our health. I read some information of concern like tests not being wide enough (missing) and other things. (Sounds like my car service!) Please consider: If your check came back all good and clean.. does that really mean all is well?? And if you got it done at the most expensive place with the "you get what you pay for" thinking... did you really? (I have sat in the cheaper hospitals and seen the same Dr in there as the most expensive hospitals ... Does that mean he/she downgrades the care?)
I am sure this is an interesting topic for most, if not now, then in the future, so it is greatly appreciated to have recent and accurate information..
Thank you all and stay well....

Edited by Jai Dee
Text formatting removed

Just got back from my checkup .. normally for last 4 years has been yearly, this time is 18 months..  Test order was 23 Blood tests, 5 urine test + ECG + Chest X-ray - will see next Tuesday when I see My older Professor of Diabetic Dr...  Mostly only use the Red Cross Hospital..  [takes over 2 hr to get there - left home today 04:15, arrived home 14:10]

your 2nd point  (I have sat in the cheaper hospitals and seen the same Dr in there as the most expensive hospitals ... Does that mean he/she downgrades the care?) 

For me a far more local Hospital the Dr there is also a Dr at a expensive Hospital.....  May 2015 he ordered tests and told me to Urgently see him at the Expensive Hospital............ No I went to the Red Cross and ended up there 6 nights - it was serious but there is no need for an expensive Hospital, I am still of the same mind.

Mostly only use the Red Cross Hospitals since 1991..  one of the best from years ago - Red Cross Hospital Lisbon Portugal is a wonderful building + staff

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Barring covid ,Id be having blood tests galore of the most comprehensive kind ,in India though,plus cancer  bowel,stomach,  cheap as chips,plus eyes lasered too    ,an absolute bargain compared to Thailand.

Yes Red Cross hospitals are exceptionally good  prostate reduction there (india) 700 usd   here quote 420 k

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/8/2020 at 12:42 AM, ignis said:

.  Mostly only use the Red Cross Hospital..  [takes over 2 hr to get there - left home today 04:15, arrived home 14:10]

Mostly only use the Red Cross Hospitals since 1991..  one of the best from years ago - Red Cross Hospital Lisbon Portugal is a wonderful building + staff

I used Bumrungrad in the 90's and we like BNH since, BUT -Is the Red Cross hospital the one by Lumpini?;  Chulalongkorn Memorial Hospital

Edited by ding

1 hour ago, ding said:

I used Bumrungrad in the 90's and we like BNH since, BUT -Is the Red Cross hospital the one by Lumpini?;  Chulalongkorn Memorial Hospital

Yes

Chulalongkorn Memorial Hospital is a public general and tertiary referral hospital in Bangkok,  It is operated by the Thai Red Cross Society

+ side: pharmacy is far cheaper than any other outside the Hospital.. My Dr is a older Professor. so very good. 

- side:  if no appointment, waiting time can be many hours

Edited by ignis
  • Thanks 1

Yes, ignis, I've sat in the vast field of waiting patients for my sister-inlaw. Then to find out the intake woman put her down for the wrong problem and had to wait again.

My wife speaks Thai so maybe that would help in making appointments. We'll try that hospital, I've read others lauding it too.

On 9/18/2020 at 7:46 PM, Don Chance said:

You can quiet drinking tomorrow, just start taking Baclofen. You just have to want to.

Your liver will recover in a year or two and you will have no craving for alcohol in 4 years.

Never heard of this, and I gave up drinking myself, however I know many would be very interested in this topic....

please elaborate...

thanks for the input..