Baclofen FAQ's

Don Chance

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Treating an addiction with an addictive drug doesn't make sense to me and didn't work for me in the long-term, not with this one but with Diazepam.  

Baclofen is not a benzo type drug. It is not a depressant.

Baclofen is also not addictive. You will take the same dose day after day.

The point here is that you will replace alcohol with baclofen and the side effects will much much less. It is amazing that is works so well.

Side effects of alcohol are numerous: damage to your brain or liver, depression, stomach problems, mental problem, addiction etc. Baclofen doesn't have any of that.

• Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, Don Chance said:

Baclofen is not a benzo type drug. It is not a depressant.

Baclofen is also not addictive. You will take the same dose day after day.

The point here is that you will replace alcohol with baclofen and the side effects will much much less. It is amazing that is works so well.

Side effects of alcohol are numerous: damage to your brain or liver, depression, stomach problems, mental problem, addiction etc. Baclofen doesn't have any of that.

Ok, I wish you all the best. Can you stop taking it when cravings have gone? 

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I can confirm that baclofen is very effective at stopping alcohol cravings. I've taken it for a long time. As Don Chance points out, if you have been taking it for a while, it's not advisable to stop taking it cold turkey.,

And frankly, you would be crazy to take it at all without the supervision of a medical professional. I'm not recommending that you take it, just relating my experience.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/13/2020 at 7:32 AM, Don Chance said:

The best generic product is called Liobac (400 baht @200, 10mg tabs) and the best place to buy it is The Diamond Pharmacy in Bangkok.

Another option is ordering from China. Is much cheaper. 100 grams will last 3 years.

is there anywhere else to get it? bkk too far and that website is out of stock

• 6 months later...
On 5/13/2021 at 4:11 PM, Don Chance said:

You can try any pharmacy. Baclofen is an essential medicine.

i've seen these on the Medtide website ,48 baht for 10, is that generally a decent price?

also, i've read that if taking tramadol at the same time it won't work. Is there any way around this?

1 hour ago, cyril sneer said:

i've seen these on the Medtide website ,48 baht for 10, is that generally a decent price?

also, i've read that if taking tramadol at the same time it won't work. Is there any way around this?

I would buy LioBac or Flexobac brands in Thailand only. There are 400-600 baht for a box of 200.

"Using narcotic pain or cough medications together with other medications that also cause central nervous system depression can lead to serious side effects including respiratory distress, coma, and even death."

On 12/6/2021 at 10:40 AM, Don Chance said:

I would buy LioBac or Flexobac brands in Thailand only. There are 400-600 baht for a box of 200.

"Using narcotic pain or cough medications together with other medications that also cause central nervous system depression can lead to serious side effects including respiratory distress, coma, and even death."

thanks

very few pharmacies in the city I live sell it but found one today, 55 baht for 10x 10mg

so looking at 1100 baht for 200. is there any other places that will post?

2 hours ago, cyril sneer said:

thanks

very few pharmacies in the city I live sell it but found one today, 55 baht for 10x 10mg

so looking at 1100 baht for 200. is there any other places that will post?

Where do you live? I have bought some in Krabi and Hatyai. Maybe you can order it from these people below or just as the local pharmacy to order you a box or two.

The best generic product is called Liobac (400 baht @200, 10mg tabs) and the best place to buy it is The Diamond Pharmacy in Bangkok.

Edited by Don Chance
  • Thanks 1

• 11 months later...

I had no idea that Baclofen could be used in this way!

I have been prescribed it for stomach pain, and was told not to drink until my symptoms are better.

Though I did wonder, being a daily drinker why I found temptation very easy to resist.

For people that need it in Chiang Mai then Dara Pharmacy , nearly opposite McCormick Hospital have it and it's not dear, although I am unsure of the exact price

• Haha 1

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/25/2023 at 3:23 PM, Don Chance said:

Baclofen is more effective for heavy drinkers. Heavy drinkers don't need a spiritual solution. However, alcoholics do need a spiritual solution. 

• Love It 1

On 6/15/2023 at 8:07 PM, Neeranam said:

Baclofen is more effective for heavy drinkers. Heavy drinkers don't need a spiritual solution. However, alcoholics do need a spiritual solution. 

I think most alcoholics or drug addicts have psychological. problems. Often serious mental illnesses. Either way they are self treating the pain and become addicted. So it makes sense to go to a Psychologist and spend some money on therapy. People suffer trauma or abuse by their parents when growing up.

AA is like self help psychology : people will hear about the abuse others have suffered and realize they have too. Abuse is not only physical but psychological such as tough love.

13 minutes ago, Don Chance said:

AA is like self help psychology

Alcoholism is a mental illness.

All alcoholics have psychological problems, it's a three-fold illness - mental, physical, spiritual.

AA is self-abandoning to a higher power, not self-help. 

On 12/6/2021 at 9:09 AM, cyril sneer said:

Isn't Tramadol an opiate like drug? 

I was told never to take it, if you have an alcohol problem, for more than 10 days. 

4 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Alcoholism is a mental illness.

All alcoholics have psychological problems, it's a three-fold illness - mental, physical, spiritual.

AA is self-abandoning to a higher power, not self-help. 

I think that drugs like Balclofen, or Naltrexon(one I took) are great for the physical cravings, they stop naturally produced opiates(that normal drinkers don't produce). 

If you are an alcoholic, perhaps that ALONG with CBT(for mental) and meditation(for spiritual) may work.