Kor 2 Marriage certificate update = how to do?.

Having a spin around with the wife. Never have given the immigration in CM a marriage cert or Kor 2 as I just do the family renewal, but this year I am wanting to slip it in the docs as just more evidence.

1. What do you actually have to do to get one updated?

2. What do they give you? A new copy stamped or a letter saying married?

3. Is it easy as they just pull it up on the computer?

I am getting a hard time from the wife as she just says no one is going to give you a new document just lickity split no problem.

Please add anything missing or a picture of what they give you and how it is specifically updated.

3 minutes ago, greggraham said:

@ubonjoe, I just noticed my passport number is wrong on the kor ror 2, do you imagine that will be a big problem when applying for a non-o? Cheers.

It should not matter since I suspect you no longer have that passport anymore. Immigration is aware that they may not be correct for that reason.

My Kor Ror 2 only has X's for my passport number.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, bangkokbrian47 said:

I hope your immigration office differs from mine as they refused to accept my 3 day old Kor Ror 2 and insisted that i go and get a new one as they want it issued on the same day as your application to extend.

What a bunch of sad jobsworths. Got mine yesterday , applying tomorrow. Hope I don't meet with a similar problem.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, greggraham said:

@ubonjoe, I just noticed my passport number is wrong on the kor ror 2, do you imagine that will be a big problem when applying for a non-o? Cheers.

On mine they put down my passport issue date as my date of birth. Fortunately we noticed it before we left the building and got it changed.

They need a time and motion study at my amphur (Sattahip) because we started in the building we used last year, got sent to the building behind it and bounced between two rooms about three times. Must've taken about 45 minutes in all for this simple piece of paper.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, mrwebb8825 said:

My wife and I always go the morning we are going to immigration. Then we stop at the bank and we're in immigration by 10am with shiny new docs. Just for fun, I always try and wear the same shirt I have on in one of the many pictures to see if they notice. ????

For the bank statement I have done 2 days before but always normally is the day before. This they will not budge on in CM. But no telling on the KOR 2. I will never do things on the same day as this is already too stressful.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, greggraham said:

Ive just had a passport renewal so new number.  Never thought of advising new number at amphur when I collected updated Kor Ror 2 for extension.  Had no problem at Imm office.

• Like 1

So just an update; it did matter that the passport number was wrong - I guess because it's my first ever marriage extension. So tomorrow we have to travel 250km round trip to the Amphur we got married at and get them to fix their mistake. It can only be changed on the computer system at the Amphur of marriage registration, apparently. Fun times.