Using Agent for retirement extension on OA Visa

1 minute ago, patient37 said:

I assume its related to price (maybe in CW its not logical), from what I understood if you use an agent to support you for retirement you are stuck using agents until you re-entry, and support yourself on your own application.

This means you can use any agent you wish, and you would not be stuck with a single agent.

The law says you can ONLY apply for an extension in the province in which you reside. So if you have been getting one from another provincial office that surely makes any such extension to stay invalid, it has nothing to do with re entry.

37 minutes ago, Longchop said:

You would need to think carefully, heard a wimper that as soon as this government has cleared out all the amnesty tourists on 26th they are intending to take a trawl through all recently approved visas double checking bank accounts etc and calling in anyone whose paperwork dos'nt add up.

I never understood why some people here wish all of us get punished for using agents.

The truth is there is a very very low chance of this happening if using the big agents, as they have been through this for many years.

Keep hoping ????

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

The law says you can ONLY apply for an extension in the province in which you reside. So if you have been getting one from another provincial office that surely makes any such extension to stay invalid, it has nothing to do with re entry.

It's the agents job to sort that out for you, which many can do easily, and don't even charge you extra for that.

13 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

I was quoted the same and seems like a good deal- until they tell you they can only do it up country 100's of miles away from where you are registered as living. er If 'legal' why don't they use your valid immigration office? Were you quoted that for CW? If you start off doing it from a province you do not live in you will be stuck with doing it with the agent for good.

I haven't used an agent in 22 years of coming here, but would consider an option where I could skip their low value insurance and get 20 times more coverage from a company not on their list, like I did before.  Changing to an O isn't an option, now.  But, I am well aware of the agent culture, and generally resent the <deleted> out of it, and always wondered about all the clowns bragging about their agents.  And, even if you are 100% legal, as I am, you never know, when they will try to make it impossible.  Getting to know them, or being respectful helps little, and just when you think you are established, there is a new police recruit or angry bulldyke ready to ruin your day.  My only assurance is knowing that many Thais need the same type <deleted> to stay in America..except their families

are reliant on the remittances.  The 14000 was from Grace, who somehow seemed to steal the email list from immigration.

Edited by moontang

2 minutes ago, patient37 said:

I am speaking about elite, 500,000 THB for 5 years.

While I could afford this I would much rather keep 450,000 THB invested, and pay less than 50k to sort out my visa.

When i start to see people having trouble with agents I may decide to go down the Elite Visa path, but as it stands I don't see that happening.

Another "head in the sander" heading down the criminal road to who knows where to save some Baht initially! 

If you can spend 500,000 every 5 years you can surely afford (while you are here) 800,000 permanently in a Bank account which you get back when you leave!

Keep looking over your shoulder.

Just now, fangless said:

Another "head in the sander" heading down the criminal road to who knows where to save some Baht initially! 

If you can spend 500,000 every 5 years you can surely afford (while you are here) 800,000 permanently in a Bank account which you get back when you leave!

Keep looking over your shoulder.

I am not 50+, before I went through the lawyer route to get a non-b for consulting for a Thai company. This was expensive, and not easy to do. Since then I let it expire and I am left only with the Elite Visa option, setting up a company (which is impossible right now), or the agent route.

I bring a lot of money into the country, and am paid online from ad revenue, and stock dividends. Money is not the issue, Elite is just a bad investment I cant get myself to do (I only see it as a last resort).

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Olmate said:

The bank seasoning req. is waived by IO

Waived = overlooked the legal requirement so the visa is illegal. Will the other government department (not IO) tasked with double checking the visas overlook this requirement also ??

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, patient37 said:

I am not 50+, before I went through the lawyer route to get a non-b for consulting for a Thai company. This was expensive, and not easy to do. Since then I let it expire and I am left only with the Elite Visa option, setting up a company (which is impossible right now), or the agent route.

I bring a lot of money into the country, and am paid online from ad revenue, and stock dividends. Money is not the issue, Elite is just a bad investment I cant get myself to do (I only see it as a last resort).

If I wasn't 50+, I wouldn't even consider long stay, here.  Although, marriage would be a possibility, but unlikely since I am not going to keep her family of leeches in scotch and cigarettes, let alone a car or house.

1 minute ago, moontang said:

If I wasn't 50+, I wouldn't even consider long stay, here.  Although, marriage would be a possibility, but unlikely since I am not going to keep her family of leeches in scotch and cigarettes, let alone a car or house.

???? If i had to pick between marriage, and elite then elite becomes much more appealing.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Longchop said:

Waived = overlooked the legal requirement so the visa is illegal. Will the other government department (not IO) tasked with double checking the visas overlook this requirement also ??

You're scaremongering, I have read many posts on this forum over the past few years.

Has this ever happened in the history of the whole bank requirements, and the hundreds of agents/lawyers that offer such services?

It doesn't matter how hard you pray, or how many times you comment about it.. It doesn't mean it will happen.

Some of these agents have been offering those services for over 15 years.

Edited by patient37
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, from the home of CC said:

it's real strange that some folks don't consider that there is anything wrong with these actions, would they be so sure it's totally ethical/legal if it was routinely done in their own country by visitors from other nations? We're instructed not to post regarding illegal acts but visa fraud is okay? TVF is hypocritical exemplified... 

In our home-countries, the IOs and Agents/Lawyers doing it would go to prison.  Here, it is the "preferred" method - complete with "all smiles" 30-second extensions, vs hours of forms and grilling (especially if you have Thai family).

Remember that case a couple weeks ago, where they 'busted' the agent complete with a rubber-stamp collection?   Someone evidently didn't check who was on the "authorized crook" list - because it all "went away" like magic, and the company is still in business doing extensions. 

1 hour ago, warcy said:

It's amazing how people are getting their visa illegally and not getting blacklisted from entering Thailand.

Big Jok did a good job last time on stamping out corruption but alas, he's no more there.

By a "good job" - you mean, making up "new requirements" to push more honest-applicants into the arms of Immigration's agent-partners?  

The same "no financials" retirement extensions are available.  They added longer seasoning to hurt honest-applicants, but is still "overlooked" if you use an agent. 

Similar for ED - same old game - just more payola to do it.

And if using "income" for retirement or marriage - will disqualify many types of valid, proven income - pushing those folks to agents as well. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Longchop said:

You would need to think carefully, heard a wimper that as soon as this government has cleared out all the amnesty tourists on 26th they are intending to take a trawl through all recently approved visas double checking bank accounts etc and calling in anyone whose paperwork dos'nt add up.

Are they going to call in the Singapore Police for the investigation - or will they be "busting themselves" for running the rackets?    You know where most of the "agent-fee" money goes - right?  Do you really think they are going to chop themselves down to living on their salaries, alone? 

17 minutes ago, Longchop said:

The "other department" will reach an "arrangement" with Immigration, or ... see what happens in Mexico.  It's the same dynamic - just that they tend not to let things get out of hand, and spill out into the streets.

Remember the "price increase" for agents in some areas, when the military "looked into" immigration just after the change in govt?  Then the prices went back down - go figure.

I say this as someone who has, thus far, managed to NOT pay them off - and have no plans to play that game.  I also like to be able to show I 100% qualified for EVERY extension I ever received.  At the same time, I am not blind as to how things "work" here - having had many bad-experiences that validate what others have also reported. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

n our home-countries, the IOs and Agents/Lawyers doing it would go to prison.  Here, it is the "preferred" method - complete with "all smiles" 30-second extensions, vs hours of forms and grilling (especially if you have Thai family).

in the 10 plus extensions I've done (by the ethical and legal 'preferred method') I've never been grilled nor filled out forms for hours lol (and yes, I am married to a Thai national) - lets be honest here, this is the 'preferred method' of those working illegally in the country or never had enough in the bank to try to immigrate here in the first place (but deceived themselves and now are deceiving government officials) - the lie has to end somewhere and imo it will be in tears..

37 minutes ago, patient37 said:

It's the agents job to sort that out for you, which many can do easily, and don't even charge you extra for that.

What are you saying they sort out? I live in Samut Prakan, the agent said they could only get the extension from KK or Nan, that would surely be an invalid extension as I do not live in either province

2 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

in the 10 plus extensions I've done (by the ethical and legal 'preferred method') I've never been grilled nor filled out forms for hours lol (and yes, I am married to a Thai national) - lets be honest here, this is the 'preferred method' of those working illegally in the country or never had enough in the bank to try to immigrate here in the first place (but deceived themselves and now are deceiving government officials) - the lie has to end somewhere and imo it will be in tears..

No - you are just lucky.  I've been through all this personally - same as others report.  I always had far in excess of the required proven-income, and living with my wife full-time - which made no difference.   Those who use agents get the best treatment by far - no "new requirements" or 'home visits', either.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, patient37 said:

You're scaremongering, I have read many posts on this forum over the past few years.

Has this ever happened in the history of the whole bank requirements, and the hundreds of agents/lawyers that offer such services?

It doesn't matter how hard you pray, or how many times you comment about it.. It doesn't mean it will happen.

Some of these agents have been offering those services for over 15 years.

It has never happened before so it never will?

Covid never happened before but it's here.

Borders were never totally closed before but they are.

Government never had the time or opportunity before but they have.

1 hour ago, patient37 said:

I came from the US, unfortunatly I cannot pay to get out of situations unless the price is VERY HIGH. It would involve getting a high priced lawyer to abuse loopholes, or just find a way to get the case dropped.

As for immigration, you know the situation in the states. They are as racist as can be.

So basically it's all the same, only the price is different.

8 minutes ago, Longchop said:

It has never happened before so it never will?

Covid never happened before but it's here.

Borders were never totally closed before but they are.

Government never had the time or opportunity before but they have.

"Government" (think about that in Thailand-context) "never had the time or opportunity" to remove MOST of their own income streams?   They didn't pay good money for those jobs for the salary. 
Don't hold your breath.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Longchop said:

Fake news.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, JensenZ said:

No - only multi-millionaires and up can get into the "special treatment" category - and there are special "legal" visas, just for this.  See the one the Chinese elites buy through one of the Kushner-family businesses.

Unlike here, in the USA, "regular folks" just have to fill out the forms - and are treated exactly like everyone else who fills them out.  Trying a "bribe" would be suicide - no way some "agent" will risk their cushy job and benefit package for an "envelope" of cash.

Edited by JackThompson

1 minute ago, JensenZ said:

Except they have heard of juries in the US.  A lawyer is helpful in plea bargaining, but going to trial is more risky in both places.  I was just reading about a guy claiming self defense.  He spent several hundred thousand on a lawyer to go to trial..he's doing 30-50 years...could have pled to a lesser charge and been done in two years.  But lawyers are good at taking money from criminals.

38 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

What are you saying they sort out? I live in Samut Prakan, the agent said they could only get the extension from KK or Nan, that would surely be an invalid extension as I do not live in either province

Perhaps you take a short holiday.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

"Government" (think about that in Thailand-context) "never had the time or opportunity" to remove MOST of their own income streams?   They didn't pay good money for those jobs for the salary. 
Don't hold your breath.

The hi so elite families who sponser and control this government have lost enough face internationally with the sexpat reputation  Thailand has recieved from western tourists over the decades. Cue the ever tightining of visa rules since the coup and the tourism push towards China. Mega rich Thais are fed up with the "sexy sexy cheepie cheepie" sniggering when they try to intragate into equally wealthy society in London, New Youk etc.

I even know some westerners who do not admit to coming to Thai for holiday so as to avoid same, they say going to Dubai or Hong Kong etc.

If the mega rich 3% want it to happen, it will happen.

Changed times.