Wild weather this year shows growing impact of climate change, scientists say

snoop1130

Yes the sky is falling. The Earth does not heat itself up or cool itself down, that is all mans fault.  Do not talk about how the volcanoes spew gases into the atmosphere, as that might change the reason a mite.  Forest fires caused by lightening and other natural causes, should also not be counted as I said before that may skew the facts as well.  Oh and leave the oil in the ground as there is hardly anything made from the petrol-chemical industry.  We all wear pure cloth clothes, and wear real glass in our glasses.

Oh and I heard the World is flat.

Geezer

1 hour ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Yes the sky is falling. The Earth does not heat itself up or cool itself down, that is all mans fault.  Do not talk about how the volcanoes spew gases into the atmosphere, as that might change the reason a mite.  Forest fires caused by lightening and other natural causes, should also not be counted as I said before that may skew the facts as well.  Oh and leave the oil in the ground as there is hardly anything made from the petrol-chemical industry.  We all wear pure cloth clothes, and wear real glass in our glasses.

Geezer

The question of volcanism and its contribute to climate changed has repeatedly been addressed by climatologists. Only a small fraction of CO2 in the atmosphere currently comes from volcanoes. It's true that forest fires are often caused by lightning. But the drier the forest the more likely the fire is to burn not just undergrowth but standing trees. In australia, dry lightning storms were actually generated by the intensity of the burning. Most petroleum is used as fuel.  

On 9/11/2020 at 11:50 AM, bodga said:

rubbish  more  like the destruction of the natural environment by man,stripping out forests then moaning when theres massive erosion and  flooding, also they burn the  forests to help clear, insanity

Even if it is caused by man made pollution that's only because mankind is overpopulating the planet and destroying everything for space to live. Self inflicted.

2 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Geezer

Took me a few moments to work out you were being sarcastic.

re your post- exactly!

17 hours ago, Donga said:

"Both of the cyclones were unprecedented," said Roxy Mathew Koll, a climate scientist at the Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology. "

Sorry, but as soon as I read "unprecedented" they lose me. Pity "climate scientists" don't read history.

Last Aussie bushfire season was also full of false "unprecedenteds" and now it's California's turn again.

Pity Climate Change zealots also support importing US wood chips to Europe, so they can meet their renewable targets, in lieu of ramping up nuclear. In contravention of a growing number of real environmentalists and the consensus of nuclear physicists.

https://www.vox.com/science-and-health/2019/3/4/18216045/renewable-energy-wood-pellets-biomass

I love it when the woke news organisations breathlessly report that "the flood is the worst in a hundred years" and other suchlike nonsense.

For those that don't get it- a hundred years ago "man made climate change" would not have been mentioned as it was obviously a natural disaster.

• Like 1

On 9/11/2020 at 12:55 PM, Credo said:

I always admire the persistence of the deniers.  So you found ONE glacier that is growing.  Now compare it to the huge number that are decreasing.   

Now take a look at the worst fires ever in CA, then take a look at the previous years that were record breaking.   Most are in the past several years.   

Now look at Arizona, July was the hottest month EVER recorded, but it was beaten by August, which is now the record for hottest month ever.   Oh, and it is the driest summer ever as well.   

But you stick with your ONE glacier that is growing.   

No one is denying that glaciers are retreating and it's getting warmer ( I'm lovin' it ), the point not proven is that it was caused by humans and not just a natural climate change as has happened for millions of years- oh, they cry, "but it's happening faster"- so what? Nothing to say a natural cycle can't happen faster or slower than in comparison to previous cycles.