Non-O (spouse) multiple entry Visa to Non-O parent of Thai child visa

I have a Non-O multi entry visa (expires March 2021) and am in Thailand on amnesty. I have not yet used my 60 day extension. Does anyone know if it’s possible to get 1 year extension as parent of Thai child on a Non-O multiple entry visa as a spouse and if so, what are the requirements. Thanks in advance for any help here.

You can apply for a one year extension of stay based upon being the parent of a Thai or marriage to a Thai.

For being the parent of a Thai you would need 400k baht in a Thai bank on the day you apply for  marriage you would need 400k baht in the bank for 2 months.

Her is my list of required document for marriage. For being a parent change marriage certificate to birth certificate.

Marriage Extension Requirements 2.pdf

Just now, ubonjoe said:

You can apply for a one year extension of stay based upon being the parent of a Thai or marriage to a Thai.

For being the parent of a Thai you would need 400k baht in a Thai bank on the day you apply for  marriage you would need 400k baht in the bank for 2 months.

Her is my list of required document for marriage. For being a parent change marriage certificate to birth certificate.

Marriage Extension Requirements 2.pdf 41.52 kB · 209 downloads

So a “spouse visa” can be used to get an extension as parent of a Thai without having to apply for a new visa. Thank you, Joe, I think we all owe you a drink when all this is over.

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Marriage Extension Requirements 2.pdf 41.52 kB · 210 downloads

Would I need to be legalized as the father in the local court ?

29 minutes ago, Eibot said:

Yes, I have done it. As long as you are married and your name is on the child birth certificate, your good to go. Don't need seasoning money, just money on the account on the day you apply.

Just to clarify, you received 1 year extension for the reason of being a parent of a Thai child on a visa that was originally issued for being married to a Thai? .... just double n triple checking.... sorry for being a nuisance ????

40 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Marriage Extension Requirements 2.pdf 41.52 kB · 212 downloads

Hi Joe, just yesterday i went to Chaeng Wattana, waited for 50 minutes queue, then an IO checked up my documents and told me that i must go to MuangThong Thani for 60 day permit to visit wife (i brought along my entire family). Then my wife asked her how do i get non-Imm O after Nov 25 and she listed everything on mentioned on your attachment pdf, except that she ensures me i do not need 400.000 baht seasoned at thai bank for 2 months. It only needs be there 400.000 baht on the day i apply for non-imm O, and she suggested me to just borrow from Thai relatives a those amount of money by beginning of November. We then rushed to Muangthong Thani because time was almost 4pm

We arrived at Muangthong thani just before the office closed, got the 60 day permit in less than 10 mins, and IO there also explained to me that 400.000 baht is required BUT NO LONGER NEEDED to stay at the bank for 2 months. This information i got from 2 different IOs and they both ensured me that i only need to show the updated bank book with 400.000 baht on the day of application. The IO at Chaeng Wattana told me that this new system of 400.000 baht without 2 months seasoned at bank is new rule and to help more farang to easily obtain long term visa.

5 minutes ago, lemonjelly said:

Just to clarify, you received 1 year extension for the reason of being a parent of a Thai child on a visa that was originally issued for being married to a Thai? .... just double n triple checking.... sorry for being a nuisance ????

Two days ago i went to CW to get 60 day permit and IO there explained 400.000 baht DO NOT need to stay at the bank for 2 months prior to your visa request.

We got sent to Muangthong Thani shortly after because only there i can obtain 60 day permit and was told the same.

I am married to Thai and have 3 Thai kids. I would strongly advice you to bring your wife and kids when you apply visa (either CW or MTT) since IOs are having soft heart for babies and kids.

12 minutes ago, arfandy said:

Two days ago i went to CW to get 60 day permit and IO there explained 400.000 baht DO NOT need to stay at the bank for 2 months prior to your visa request.

We got sent to Muangthong Thani shortly after because only there i can obtain 60 day permit and was told the same.

I am married to Thai and have 3 Thai kids. I would strongly advice you to bring your wife and kids when you apply visa (either CW or MTT) since IOs are having soft heart for babies and kids.

I wonder if they’re giving an extension based on being a parent, seeing as you took the kids along.

@ubonjoe

just to clarify again as this seems like a complete loop hole.

my details:

- non O multi entry visa expires December 2020

- non O was granted on basis of having a Thai wife, they even wrote her name on the visa sticker

- currently on amnesty 

- 3 year old Thai daughter, born with current wife, married before and at time of birth, birth was in Singapore, but we have Thai birth certificate and Thai passport for our daughter.

Questions 

1) I dont need to season 400k for 2 months?

2) it’s no problem that my non o visa was granted on marriage not being a parent?

3) my wife doesn’t need to come? (We have a newborn baby and it helps if she can stay at home with the baby)

4) I don’t need to show my marriage certificate? (It’s a UK marriage certificate and I’m just trying to avoid the whole send it back to uk to get certified process)

thanks in advance ubonjoe

10 minutes ago, STD Warehouse said:

1) I dont need to season 400k for 2 months?

When applying for a one-year extension based on Thai child, the officials rules are that money seasoning is not needed. However, some immigration offices will still insist that seasoning is needed. If you have been told it is not needed, you can believe them.

Other than that, I cannot see any other potential issues with your plan.

5 hours ago, Eibot said:

Yes, I have done it. As long as you are married and your name is on the child birth certificate, your good to go. Don't need seasoning money, just money on the account on the day you apply.

He doesn't have to be married to the childs mother. To apply for a 1 year extension the money needs to be in the bank 2 months prior to the day of the application. 

10 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

He doesn't have to be married to the childs mother.

If not married to his child's mother he has to have his parenthood legitimized.

10 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

To apply for a 1 year extension the money needs to be in the bank 2 months prior to the day of the application. 

Not correct.

When applying for a extension based upon being the parent of a Thai the 400k baht only has to be in the bank on the day the application is done.

9 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

No worries at all.

Yes, I received my NonO ME from Savanakhet Laos based on being Married. I extended based on being a parent to a Thai national ????.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Max69xl said:

He doesn't have to be married to the childs mother. To apply for a 1 year extension the money needs to be in the bank 2 months prior to the day of the application. 

In my case they did want to see the marriage certificate along with the birth certificate with my name on it. Furthermore the money does not have to be in the bank 2 months prior. This only applies to marriage extension. You need to have the money on the day you apply. 

6 hours ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

Samut Prakarn said NO

As no Thai embassy or consulate issues a visa with the word "spouse" on it I wonder whether you and lemonjelly mean the same thing with "spouse" visa.

From the opening post of this topic I understand that lemonjelly has a non-immigrant visa category O in his passport valid for an unlimited number of entries until March 2021, and that he intends to apply for a one-year extension of stay for the reason of staying with his child of Thai nationality.