Independent Mechanic for Pick up truck in Pattaya needed

henry2109

I drive a Ford Ranger, and over all I am satisfied with the car itself. However, the service/work and price level of the work of the respective branded garage shop in Pattaya has been bad from the very beginning. I just cannot take it anymore.

Can somebody recommend me a good, trustworthy independent mechanic/garage in Pattaya, who can do the usual work like regular maintenance service and minor repairs for my car? 

Have a look at B-quik, next to Big C off South Pattaya Road.

I have an old Izuzu pickup and needed the radiator replaced recently. Very efficient and quite a bit cheaper than the Izuzu service centre in Pattaya. They do normal servicing and any required repairs.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

The cost of regular service at the Ford dealer is excessive? 

Do you have an example?

The cost for a regular service is not excessive. I could write a book about all the stories I experienced with them, but that is against the law (naming and shaming), so I won't go into it.

8 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

The cost of regular service at the Ford dealer is excessive? 

Do you have an example?

What any Ford dealership charges for parts and labour for each service interval is controlled and capped by Ford. They have these costs detailed (and downloadable) on their website for all current makes and models.

https://www.ford.co.th/en/owner/maintenance/

I just checked the above link and it looks like they've updated most of the Ranger lists with Thai-only ones whereas the older ones were dual language. Also, some of the older models yield dead links. If the OP is still wanting to go with an independent mechanic, downloading these service details from Ford will help with working out if he's being ripped off by the independent shop as well.

FWIW, the only time I have had a Ford branch try and charge me for something I didn't need was an "engine clean" using a non-OEM injector cleaner. They were asking 1200 baht for a bottle of stuff that costs maybe 200 baht to buy. I declined their offer.

42 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

What any Ford dealership charges for parts and labour for each service interval is controlled and capped by Ford. They have these costs detailed (and downloadable) on their website for all current makes and models.

https://www.ford.co.th/en/owner/maintenance/

I just checked the above link and it looks like they've updated most of the Ranger lists with Thai-only ones whereas the older ones were dual language. Also, some of the older models yield dead links. If the OP is still wanting to go with an independent mechanic, downloading these service details from Ford will help with working out if he's being ripped off by the independent shop as well.

FWIW, the only time I have had a Ford branch try and charge me for something I didn't need was an "engine clean" using a non-OEM injector cleaner. They were asking 1200 baht for a bottle of stuff that costs maybe 200 baht to buy. I declined their offer.

Yeah, Toyota tries to sell the injector cleaner and the air-con cleaner.

No thank you.

If it's not listed in the maintenance schedule, I don't want it. 

For my money, Isuzu was the best and cheapest service....

• 3 weeks later...

Best place for this question?

I might be getting my hands on a older Toyota Truck 4 door, auto, 3.0 I've always like the size of the older ones but of course it will have already lots of Kilo under the hood.  In the Pattaya area anyone know of a good shop that rebuild or recondition vehicles this would include re-doing the interior floor liner, headliner and seats?

Also, a shop that sell body and fender supplies like paint and clear coat?