Dressing Up?

glenbat

This is a serious post by the way, we're due a holiday in Thailand in June and will be hitting Patts and its been suggested we (small group of males) dress up one night as girls, as you do :o In the UK its normally looked upon as a laugh, bit of fun but the last thing I want is to be chased along Beach road by several irate ladyboys

Will they not take offence? see it as a bit of fun too? Like i said this is a serious question, and apologies if i've posted it in the wrong section

looking forward to some replies!

Right. (Not that there's anything wrong with that, as they often said on Seinfeld).

I know nothing about the ladyboys in Pattaya, or even generally where I've lived. I can't think of a cross-dressing gay friend I've ever known well. There was one, straight, 200-centimeter high guy who said he looked funny in high heels and an evening gown, but I didn't pay him any mind.

Have fun.

It would seem to me that if a bunch of male tourists wish to cross dress and have fun in a gay tourist venue, there probably wouldn't be a problem with lady boys.

Lady boys have their own identify and will mainly be found in venues where straight men frequent.

In my view, men seriously wanting to pass as females are a different breed as gays cross dressing for fun.

Having said that, perhaps having some gay Thai men along, who are not dressed in drag, might help to explain the situation to any lady boys encountered. Likewise, if the cross dressers are not so "lovely" as to mislead anyone into thinking they are women, it shouldn't threaten any lady boys encountered en route to a gay venue.

What would incite conflict, in my view, is if any cross dressers went to areas lady boys frequent and interfere with their activities.

A couple of years ago a group of friends (both Thai and Farang) went to Pattaya for the weekend with the sole purpose of taking the piss and dressing up in drag. None of us are cross dressers but having lived in the U.S. and some from U.K. we had seen others done it before. We stayed at the Sugar Hut (12 of us) and went to town! The staff at the hotel had a great laugh. We were not fooling anybody into thinking we were women - just having a laugh (though I remember we spend quite a lot trying to look good!) We dined out at Bruno's and again welcomed warmly. Of course we were eating and drinking and drinking!! We then headed to Boys Town for more drinks and later went to the disco which if I remember was called Hollywood. Never a problem! A few months ago when back in Pattaya I stopped at the Sugar Hut as a friend was staying there and all our pictures are still posted in the lobby! Have fun!

This is a serious post by the way, we're due a holiday in Thailand in June and will be hitting Patts and its been suggested we (small group of males) dress up one night as girls, as you do :o In the UK its normally looked upon as a laugh, bit of fun but the last thing I want is to be chased along Beach road by several irate ladyboys

Will they not take offence? see it as a bit of fun too? Like i said this is a serious question, and apologies if i've posted it in the wrong section

Im sorry serious is not encouraged on here !. :D ,get your tv ( not thai visa ) gear on and head straight to jenny star bar located on walking st under the marine disco on the right hand side,( dosent warm up til 12 ). they will love it,. let me know when you are there and il come take some pics , :D

Cheers people, flightcrew sounds pretty much what we hope to do, only 4 or 5 of us and all enjoy our nights out and cant stand people who go out looking for trouble, whats the point? I know a lot of British males do play up and it is a shame, it spoils it for the rest of us

I was hoping for these replies, I guessed this would be the most easy going forum to ask in so thanks guys, I hope it happens now quite looking forward to putting my mates to shame!

mikethevigoman I know of Jennys quite well, I (for some reason) seem to attract the 'ladies' there no matter what time of day or night, can never walk past without getting dragged in for a drink or 2! Its quite flattering in a way so I guess they'll love me no matter what!

flightcrew I'll have a look for your photos and see if i can outdo you in the glamour stakes!

Thanks again

I've never understood this myself. Why is it fun to dress up as a woman? Will you be planning your outfits in advance and bringing them with you or will you take a chance and buy them in Pattaya -or even remoter, will you have them run up by a tailor?

not overly sure TBH leisurely, good question. I'm straight myself but I guess in touch with my feminine side? Have some gay friends who are real cool and have some right laughs with them and (apart from the bad ones) I dont mind chatting to ladyboys in Patts, in fact quite good friends with 3 or 4 of them :o

think we'll be bringing our 'going out' gear, wigs etc from UK as I cant imagine finding many girls in thailand who's clothes will fit us :D

Kinda looking forward to it, hopefully show not all young-ish English males are out for a punch up!

This isn't about gays; it's about straight cross-dressers. Moved to General Topics, if not the trash bpile or worse.

Hey PB, I don't think they are Real Cross dressers as you mentioned. These are straight guys who might do it as fun with their freinds once in a great while...I've seen them do it when I was stationed in England, it's almost like dressing up for halloween. I think straight guys who cross dress regulary are a whole different type of person and need to do it regularly to satisfy their fetish. (not that theirs anything wrong with that)

glenbat,

See if you can rope in a female to do your make-up. Nothing worse than a straight, non tv guy, dressing in drag for a laugh's make-up. Like a cross between Coco the clown & Robert Smith (Cure)!

I did it for ex hubby when he dressed as Frank-n-Furter for a Rocky Horror Show night & for my BF when he wanted a glam rock type look. It's quite fun doing make-up on blokes - you can experiment! :D:o

Cheers people

November Rain I was going to pop into a salon in LOS that afternoon and ask for a Soi Cowboy/Nana Plaza special actually! :D:D

Bungalow Bill, I think your almost there, I find it fun, a laugh and its in my nature to make people smile and laugh and in a way I do get a bit of a buzz out of it (not the dressing up bit but the exhibitionism, if you can call it that). kind of like my alter ego? :D

If others choose to take offence, or recommend me to the trash pile so be it. I dont judge people on their sexuality (In fact I posted in here as I thought it would be the easiest sub-forum on here to discuss it) and was hoping for positive feedback. It isnt a crime dressing up for a laugh, theres a million and one worse things happen in Thailand every day so me in a dress should be the least of peoples worries... :o

ps only do it once every couple of years for parties/stag do's so its not a regular thing best I clear that up!!

I've never understood this myself. Why is it fun to dress up as a woman? Will you be planning your outfits in advance and bringing them with you or will you take a chance and buy them in Pattaya -or even remoter, will you have them run up by a tailor?

Agree, why is this fun?

I do not try to judge anyone as we all have our ways to have fun.

A question, do you guys plan to walk around for 4-6 hours in this?

Would not the fun kind of fade away after an hour or so?

By the way, what if you end up in a fight.

Would you use your high heels as weapons?

:o

Sailor

I walked down Ramkhamhaeng road this afternoon and counted six obvious blokes wearing dresses and make up. There was probably more milling around, but i didn't notice as i was in a rush. Nobody was laughing at them or even batting an eyelid. While i'm sure farang cross dressers will stick out like a sore thumb, i'm not sure the concept is enough of a novelty here to create quite that much of a stir, they'll probably just think you're a little odd.

sawadee cap glenbat , why not go for spiderman outfits instead :D:D , bit of a problem going the toilet though :D .

If you take a look at a few of the gay pubs' web sites you'll see pictures of farang in drag. I don't see any reason why the ladyboys would get up set by you having a little fun. Its a given everyone is going to know you are guys. The ladyboys will probably have a good laugh, and maybe offer some fashion and makeup advice.

Have fun!

It's so funny how some people think that if they think something would not be fun, then nobody else must think its fun. Open your minds.

Dressing in drag for the completely heterosexual male can be lots of fun, especially in a group. It's a stress-reliever, it's just something for fun, to have a laugh, but I guess some don't have senses of humor.

The question should not be WHY? but it should be WHY NOT?

Agree, why is this fun?

A question, do you guys plan to walk around for 4-6 hours in this?

Would not the fun kind of fade away after an hour or so?

By the way, what if you end up in a fight.

Sailor

The question is why ISNT it fun? This is sanook land after all, yup plan to walk round like it all night I guess and I'm sure as the night goes on it'll get better.. Fight? If i want a fight I'll put some gloves on and climb into a ring, not go out where people are having fun to fight

Its a given everyone is going to know you are guys. The ladyboys will probably have a good laugh, and maybe offer some fashion and makeup advice.

Have fun!

Cheers William I fully intend to!! We know a couple of LB's out there so plan on popping in and saying hello and showing them what we've got (so to speak) :D

It's so funny how some people think that if they think something would not be fun, then nobody else must think its fun. Open your minds.

Dressing in drag for the completely heterosexual male can be lots of fun, especially in a group. It's a stress-reliever, it's just something for fun, to have a laugh, but I guess some don't have senses of humor.

The question should not be WHY? but it should be WHY NOT?

Well said! Like I said before I think, this is the Land Of Smiles and not the land of 'dont do that if i dont approve' but it does amaze me people living in such a happy carefree country can still judge or question such small things :o

why not go for spiderman outfits instead :D:D , bit of a problem going the toilet though :o .

Haha a group of spidermans would be an hysterical thing to witness. (or superheros)

Can you just imagine the response from seeing a group of spideys camping it up walking down a Thai street?! XD

spideyhd4.gif