Anyone know where to get Thyroid-S? or any desiccated Thyroid Extract?

paul1970

I have been on Thyroid-S for years but recently have been finding it very difficult to source and nearly running out. Does anyone know where I can get it or one of the other Desiccated Thyroid products, preferably in Pattaya but anywhere nationally will do? 

I buy mine from a pharmacy here in CM she is very good about keeping it in stock. I stocked up when the covid thing started. People on the internet buy a big bunch of the stock up for resale. This is what the lady I buy from told me, also the price is now higher 500 count bottle for O hell cannot remember but I think over 1000b now before 750 count bottle for 500b. 

12 minutes ago, moe666 said:

I buy mine from a pharmacy here in CM she is very good about keeping it in stock. I stocked up when the covid thing started. People on the internet buy a big bunch of the stock up for resale. This is what the lady I buy from told me, also the price is now higher 500 count bottle for O hell cannot remember but I think over 1000b now before 750 count bottle for 500b. 

You are lucky, getting it in Pattaya is almost impossible, I managed to get Fascino to stock it in Pattaya for a while but they won't stock it anymore and before that I used to get it sent from Bangkok but that source dried up as well.

I knew the price has drastically increased as much as a few 100%, I used to buy the 1000 tables bottles at 500 baht but last bottles I got was 2200 baht for a bottle of 500. I have heard of a few reasons why, including internet companies stockpiling, swine flu increasing raw material cost and new customs law making it more expensive to import Desiccated pig thyroid from China though I can't see why they would need to import it with all the pigs in Thailand.

2 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

I take it you have tried the usual small shop on 2nd Road.......... If you have a genuine need for it can you not get from a doctor?...... if not in Pattaya have you tried the usual shops around Nana BKK?

Doctors will normally usually only prescribe Levothyroxine which doesn't work as well for many people with Hypothyroidism, which I have had for over a decade now. The natural Desiccated thyroid was quite easily available in Thailand, since 3 of the most common brands where made here, Thyroyd-S, Thiroyd and TR-T  but in the last year or so it has become increasingly difficult to get. Tried second road but no luck.

• Like 1

Are none of these shops willing to order it for you?  Ask them specifically and indicate what quantity you will buy (may have to buy 6-12 month worth to do this)

Otherwise some sources in Bangkok that will ship anywhere in the country:

http://drugstorebangkok.com/ 

(don't be put off by things not being listed, email them and ask, I have been able to get things not shown on the website)

https://medconsultclinic.wixsite.com/medconsult/order-your-prescription

(they can get anything not a controlled substance and might also be able to get those with prescription, not sure. There is a 200baht service fee on top of cost of the med)

Ya Paiboon - LINE ID rvtpharmacyorder1

Easy to communicate with via Line in English, they will mail to anywhere in the ocuntry.

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...