Just got the UK embassy letter Supporting

I have just had the email with letter from UK embassy requesting thailand help facilitate my stay in the kingdom.

I apologise if I have been a bit of a sour puss recently.

I am on non O 90 days used my extension already and this the only card I had to play. 

Does cause me a new problem. I think I will hold off this visit until Wednesday.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Lucky you - haven't heard back from them since last Friday (8 days ago), after an initial response asking for my documentary evidence (which I sent all of, and even more). Have sent follow-up emails every other day but no response. Will have to call on Monday and really push them now..

1 hour ago, tabbycat said:

Lucky you - haven't heard back from them since last Friday (8 days ago), after an initial response asking for my documentary evidence (which I sent all of, and even more). Have sent follow-up emails every other day but no response. Will have to call on Monday and really push them now..

Does September weekend back home mean holiday?

2 hours ago, doublephil said:

Can you tell me what information they needed?

Can you tell me what supporting documents you supplied?

And did they require English translations of anything?  - eg marriage certificate

Thank you

I supplied

Passport main page

Visa stamp page 

Photo of child

Birth certificate of child my name in Thai on there

Proof of uk address

Proof of funds

Address in thailand

The above was sent in my first email.

I explained:

Cannot get 1 year non O as Father in my province

Was wrongly advised to use extension during amnesty

Refused to swap covid green zone for covid red (uk)

Explained I'd fly to Cambodia or they could apply common sense and give me support in this matter.

Was a bit of a risky email but it worked,maybe good timing played a part too.

2 hours ago, tabbycat said:

It's a strange one but I just want to be sure you have not copied and pasted an email from somewhere which did not show the caps on the email?

I ask as the email response from real person was all lower caps but the email to them had 3 capital letters required in the email address.

11 minutes ago, Jack Hna said:

Get back in there the tide has changed since boris announced a 2nd lockdown almost certain

Booked my flight for next friday already, time for a change i think.

Going to bring the mrs and kids over to the uk.

I've lost interest in Thailand for the time being. Another 20/30 years until i can retire, will return then. And also for holidays in the meantime.

Im done with Thailand for now.

Edited by jimmjam