Clinic for minor hand surgery

Inderpland

Loma Clinic on Naklua Rd., not far from KISS and Pizza Big, could handle that. 668/41-2 Pattaya-Naklua, 038 421 546

But you might also consider a public hsp, probably even cheaper. Banglamung, or Pattaya City on Soi Buakhao.

Edited by BigStar
  • Like 1

I just went to a local clinic I've never used before to get an infected cyst seen to. No need for surgery, the doctor said, just take these antibiotics.

They kept it from getting any worse, but didn't sort it out, so after five days I went back but the clinic had closed. The pharmacy next door said the doctor's house had flooded so she'd shut up shop. Glad to see that she's got her priorities right, not! So I asked the pharmacist for some more of the antibiotics to keep me going until she opened again. That's when I found out the doctor hadn't even given me the correct instructions for taking them, she'd said take two tablets twice a day, whereas the pharmacist said they work far better if you take one tablet four times a day. Doh! The next day the clinic was still closed so I gave up and called Bangkok Hospital to make an appointment with my favourite dermatologist, Dr. Anna. I called at 12:30, got an appointment for 2:30, and had had the cyst removed surgically by 3:15. She also said that I should have been taking the antibiotics four times a day not two, but changed them to something stronger anyway. In the end all I did was waste 800 Baht on the incompetent local doctor and take antibiotics for longer than I should have needed to. I won't bother with the clinics any more, I'll just accept the cost (no insurance cover, like the OP) and go to the hospital. I'm registered with Pattaya City which isn't too far away, so to save money I could have gone there, but I didn't fancy the queues and in the past I haven't been impressed by their treatment of wounds by the paramedics. 

I had minor surgery on a finger at the clinic in Jomtien near the Hanuman statue. They used ice for the anesthetic. It looked a mess for a few weeks but the end result was perfect. However it involved needing to go in every few days for examination and bandage change. So that's really my point. Consider that factor of maybe needing repeated visits.

1 hour ago, Guderian said:

The pharmacy next door said the doctor's house had flooded so she'd shut up shop. Glad to see that she's got her priorities right, not!

If your house is flooded, you probably do have some things to sort out before you go back to work, which doesn't include you.

1 hour ago, Guderian said:

I gave up and called Bangkok Hospital to make an appointment with my favourite dermatologist, Dr. Anna. I called at 12:30, got an appointment for 2:30, and had had the cyst removed surgically by 3:15.

Well, horror stories abound, eh. Now Dr. Anna's the best, no question. OP, however, is asking for a trivial procedure that won't require a meeting with his bank manager before getting started.

Me, I get rid of cysts before they get infected. Many years ago I saw Dr. Anna about a cyst on my back, rather large but ordinary sebaceous cyst, and was quoted B6000 to remove.:shock1: Told her I'd think about it. I then went to Queen Sawang Wadhana Memorial in Sriricha where I had it removed for B300 in their operating room. Very professional they were, too.

Had another one removed at Loma Clinic maybe 5 years ago for B800. Doc's probably at B1000 now. He can also properly remove ordinary moles & skin tags. That clinic's been there probably 20 years so I don't think it'll be closing up anytime soon. Last I looked, business is still pretty good. Oh--no need to worry in the least about whether you'll get enough meds.???? Staff may lack some bedside manners, so if you need sweet pampering and motherly love, try elsewhere. They do their jobs.

I recently used my pink ID card to register at Pattaya City and will try it out next time something comes up. Plan to use it to register at Banglamung, too.

Edited by BigStar

7 hours ago, Guderian said:

I just went to a local clinic I've never used before to get an infected cyst seen to. No need for surgery, the doctor said, just take these antibiotics.

They kept it from getting any worse, but didn't sort it out, so after five days I went back but the clinic had closed. The pharmacy next door said the doctor's house had flooded so she'd shut up shop. Glad to see that she's got her priorities right, not! So I asked the pharmacist for some more of the antibiotics to keep me going until she opened again. That's when I found out the doctor hadn't even given me the correct instructions for taking them, she'd said take two tablets twice a day, whereas the pharmacist said they work far better if you take one tablet four times a day. Doh! The next day the clinic was still closed so I gave up and called Bangkok Hospital to make an appointment with my favourite dermatologist, Dr. Anna. I called at 12:30, got an appointment for 2:30, and had had the cyst removed surgically by 3:15. She also said that I should have been taking the antibiotics four times a day not two, but changed them to something stronger anyway. In the end all I did was waste 800 Baht on the incompetent local doctor and take antibiotics for longer than I should have needed to. I won't bother with the clinics any more, I'll just accept the cost (no insurance cover, like the OP) and go to the hospital. I'm registered with Pattaya City which isn't too far away, so to save money I could have gone there, but I didn't fancy the queues and in the past I haven't been impressed by their treatment of wounds by the paramedics. 

How much did the BPH procedure end up costing you?

16 hours ago, Inderpland said:

How much did the BPH procedure end up costing you?

5,500 Baht, but I'm not concerned about the money, by that stage I just wanted it done quickly and safely, and that's what I got. I would have gone to Dr. Anna when I first saw that the cyst had become infected as I'm a regular customer of hers, but that was on a Thursday afternoon and her working days at BHP are Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday, so I'd have had to wait until the following Tuesday. That's why I used a clinic that I've never bee to before. I'm not saying don't use clinics, as some of them have excellent doctors. For many years I used Dr. Chanvit for minor problems, located opposite Second Road Soi 18, but she closed down a year or two ago. I've never used Dr. Olivier, but he's got a good reputation and isn't far away, maybe I should have tried him, or has he closed down too?

5 hours ago, Guderian said:

5,500 Baht, but I'm not concerned about the money, by that stage I just wanted it done quickly and safely, and that's what I got. I would have gone to Dr. Anna when I first saw that the cyst had become infected as I'm a regular customer of hers, but that was on a Thursday afternoon and her working days at BHP are Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday, so I'd have had to wait until the following Tuesday. That's why I used a clinic that I've never bee to before. I'm not saying don't use clinics, as some of them have excellent doctors. For many years I used Dr. Chanvit for minor problems, located opposite Second Road Soi 18, but she closed down a year or two ago. I've never used Dr. Olivier, but he's got a good reputation and isn't far away, maybe I should have tried him, or has he closed down too?

Don't know but a friend of mine tried him a few years ago and he was not cheap at all.

• Like 1