Video: Bang Sue Grand Central Station on track to open in 2021

webfact

Video: Bang Sue Grand Central Station on track to open in 2021

8pm.jpg

video screenshot

Bang Sue Grand central station - the largest of its kind in ASEAN - is scheduled to open next year.

A video on the site of Setthakit NBT showed progress at the transport hub in the northern part of Bangkok a few kilometers west of Chatuchak Park.

The development will serve as a central Thailand connection for many lines including the high speed train that will link three airports and Pattaya.

It will also be a central connection point for the metropolitan Blue and Red line systems in Bangkok. The Red line has been under construction for at least 7 years and heads from Bang Sue to Rangsit via Don Muang airport. 

Bang Sue Grand on Thoet Damri Road will also connect to the Airport Link to Suvarnabhumi International Airport. 

The whole development is on a site of 400 rai. 

The main building is several hundred thousand square meters and has three levels - the top floor will be used for the high speed trains.

There is ample retail and underground parking. 

Thai media reported that the main building is 100% complete and all that is left is the final fittings ahead of opening next year. 

The video showed the huge expanses of the main building that certainly has the wow factor when viewed internally or from outside, notes Thaivisa.

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-09-22

• Like 1

It’s a grand project, but the BTS and MRT can barely cope at rush hour now. What’s going to happen when thousands of more people commute by train from the suburbs to the centre? Hopefully the BTS and MRT will be able increase capacity and/or frequency, as I think they’re going to need to. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Henryford said:

Nice station but no trains. Amazing Thailand.

And Amazing Germany: Brandenburg Airport, Amazing USA, Denver Airport, Amazing Spain: Ciudad Real Airport.

All the above remained unopened for many years after construction completed.

No matter what Thailand does, for the TV malcontents; it's wrong.

• Like 1

Impressing train station indeed, and surely quite expensiv to build. Would be interesting to get some more information about how much it costs and how they finance it. Hardly by tickets sold by SRT. Existing tax revenue? Hardly as well, as for the whole high speed rail network. I suppose there are some generous loans from the friends in the North. Rhetoric questions, of course.

10 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

So you expect trains running through it before it is open?

What an idiotic post.

What's so idiotic about expecting a decent train service from Pattaya (one of Thailand's major cities) to Bangkok. Ever tried getting a train between these cities? Even when Bang Sue is open there won't be one.

49 minutes ago, Henryford said:

What's so idiotic about expecting a decent train service from Pattaya (one of Thailand's major cities) to Bangkok. Ever tried getting a train between these cities? Even when Bang Sue is open there won't be one.

I'm sorry, you said:

"Nice station but no trains. Amazing Thailand."      And that is idiotic as the station is not open yet, and is just a silly bash.  When it is open it will have trains.  

What you just said above is something completely different.  Had you posted, "Nice station, however I really wish there was a decent train service between Bangkok and Pattaya" then I wouldn't have called it idiotic.  I would have found it strange and unrelated the the station but I wouldn't have called it idiotic.  

You are right, there is no decent train service between Bangkok and Pattaya although they are going to be building one (which all the negative bashers on here have called useless, pointless etc).

• Like 2