Sausages...

NanLaew

We have had a recent 'best pie' update so in the opinion of the regulars here, where's the best 'English style' breakfast sausage to be had? Not looking for a restaurant, need to buy some for the weekend fry-up at home.

While we are at it, I brought back some terrific Ayrshire bacon from home so does anyone do British style bacon locally as well?

Thanks in advance.

You can't go far wrong with Yorkies sausage and bacon from Friendship sausage is just over 300 a kilo and bacon round about the same.

Another cheaper sausage man is the Bakers Oven on soi nern plub wahn his are 200 a kilo...........almost up to Yorkies standard.

I've been supplying fallang sausage around Pattaya for over 4 years now.

Any Thai ladies interested in a free taster, PM me :o

I heard your sausage is well known in Jennys..... :D

totster :D

You must have me confused with Britmouthygit :D

totster :D

Actually I KNOW that you look just like your avtar, and haven't seen your sausage for ten years. :D

Back on track............................we use Yorkies, and my customers swear by them.

totster :bah:

Actually I KNOW that you look just like your avtar, and haven't seen your sausage for ten years. :D

Back on track............................we use Yorkies, and my customers swear by them.

Don't you mean your customers swear at Yorky :D

totster :o

Don't you mean your customers swear at Yorky :bah:

Only when he's pushing their motorbikes over...... :D

totster :bah:

carfour sell very nice sausage and at the right price, i've tried yorkies ssimon and others, carrfore gets my vote

carrefour sells 'english breakfast sausages' ?, thats a new one on me, they sell hot-dog type sausages and Thai-style sausages but i have never seen any english sausages there.

I'm surprised nobody has pointed out that "Be Lucky" on Naklua road (About 1 km north of the Dolphin roundabout, left hand side, huge sign you can't miss) have the best and cheapest sausages and other meat products, including English breakfast sausages.

No, I have no economic interests in the shop.

You can't go far wrong with Yorkies sausage and bacon from Friendship sausage is just over 300 a kilo and bacon round about the same.

Another cheaper sausage man is the Bakers Oven on soi nern plub wahn his are 200 a kilo...........almost up to Yorkies standard.

Yorkies are the best I have in Thailand. Anyone know where to buy sage. I'm thinking of having a go making some myself. Wish me luck..............

I'm surprised nobody has pointed out that "Be Lucky" on Naklua road (About 1 km north of the Dolphin roundabout, left hand side, huge sign you can't miss) have the best and cheapest sausages and other meat products, including English breakfast sausages.

I get lots of stuff from Belucky, in fact they are my biggest supplier. Sausages are good. Used to buy them until an unfortunate episode. Got a bad batch in. No second chances I'm afraid. Still get all my German sausages from there. They do good Cod as well.

• 1 year later...

I purchased an excellent quality English sausage at Villa Market.

There are also a selection of English and German sausages available at Friendship Supermarket on Pattaya Tai: Recommended!

If anyone can point me in the direction of excellent quality sausage I would be grateful. Thanks.

My vote also goes to Yorkies for pork sausages and loin bacon. For streaky bacon I prefer the Carrefour version.

A few years ago we always used to make a special trip to Friendship to buy Yorkies products. These days you can find them in several other shops - unfortunately I can't remember which ones.

Yorkies are <deleted>.. There are tasteless, full of fat, ground too fine and about the farthest you could get form a decent English sausage.. How do I know ? Because my Dad and two generations before him were Master Butchers and made small goods for wholesale and retail.. My Father used to make several 1000 pounds of sausage 3 times a week. Two of our family recipes won awards at National British sausage contests and were very popular sellers..

I spent a lot of my free time as a young lad boning out 'hands and bellies' of pork to earn my pocket money. I helped with every stage of the process and consider I know a fair bit about what goes into a good sausage. The sorry excuses I see called a Bristish Banger here are an insult at best.

Easy enough to make your own..

18.5 lbs of pork meat.. (not too lean or the sausages will be hard and dry 85/15 lean to fat is good and forequarter meat is best.. don't use leg of pork you'll only bugger them up)

2 lbs of medium rusk ( you can used 'staled bread or make your own rusk cake and grind it if rusk isn't available. plenty of rusk recipes on the net)

2lb cold water

8-10oz of Sausage seasoning (lots of recipes and spice mixes online) ) Potters London mix is good

Handful of dried sage.

Mix the rusk with water and allow to 'dry' add the seasoning and sage and mix. Coursely chop or grind the pork meat.. combine with the seasoning/rusk and 'punch up' by hand. Grind again thru a finer plate (no smaller than 5mm o/d holes or the mix will be too fine and you will loose the 'bite')

fill into natural 'hog' casings. Link by hand and hang overnight in refridgerator for the flavours to combine and develop.. Seperate into convienient size packs and freeze.

I make sausage here when I get the time.. don't bother to fill em into skins. I just make sausage meat 'patties' which are great fried or grilled with breakfast..

Obviously if you don't need 20 odd pounds of sausage it's easy to split the recipe.. there are dozens of sausage sites on the net.. No reason to eat second rate poop.. make your own ...

Yorkies are <deleted>.. There are tasteless, full of fat, ground too fine and about the farthest you could get form a decent English sausage.. How do I know ? Because my Dad and two generations before him were Master Butchers and made small goods for wholesale and retail.. My Father used to make several 1000 pounds of sausage 3 times a week. Two of our family recipes won awards at National British sausage contests and were very popular sellers..

I spent a lot of my free time as a young lad boning out 'hands and bellies' of pork to earn my pocket money. I helped with every stage of the process and consider I know a fair bit about what goes into a good sausage. The sorry excuses I see called a Bristish Banger here are an insult at best.

18.5 lbs of pork meat.. (not too lean or the sausages will be hard and dry 85/15 lean to fat is good and forequarter meat is best.. don't use leg of pork you'll only bugger them up)

2 lbs of medium rusk ( you can used 'staled bread or make your own rusk cake and grind it if rusk isn't available. plenty of rusk recipes on the net)

2lb cold water

8-10oz of Sausage seasoning (lots of recipes and spice mixes online) ) Potters London mix is good

Handful of dried sage.

Mix the rusk with water and allow to 'dry' add the seasoning and sage and mix. Coursely chop or grind the pork meat.. combine with the seasoning/rusk and 'punch up' by hand. Grind again thru a finer plate (no smaller than 5mm o/d holes or the mix will be too fine and you will loose the 'bite')

fill into natural 'hog' casings. Link by hand and hang overnight in refridgerator for the flavours to combine and develop.. Seperate into convienient size packs and freeze.

I make sausage here when I get the time.. don't bother to fill em into skins. I just make sausage meat 'patties' which are great fried or grilled with breakfast..

Obviously if you don't need 20 odd pounds of sausage it's easy to split the recipe.. there are dozens of sausage sites on the net.. No reason to eat second rate poop.. make your own ...

Excellent post!

You have convinced me to make my own sausages. Thanks for all the information and recipe.

Excellent post!

You have convinced me to make my own sausages. Thanks for all the information and recipe.

Make sure once you have made a batch let it develop it's flavour in the refrigerator overnight (12hrs) before eating or freezing them.. Otherwise they will be 'bready' and tasteless... You might have to experiment a bit.. you can add tomato paste/chilli and other herbs till you find a taste you like. Best of all you know exactly what went into them.. Kinda reassuring when you think about it...

i tried their sausages and found them to be not very good,a bit like cheap sausages in Asda back home ,little meat lots of filler.

2lb cold water

Handful of dried sage.

Where do do get the casings from?

I plan to start making my own when I get back home to Thailand next month.

Look mate the ladies like sausages or the Frankfurter.

Not chipolatas. Way to small and Very disappointing, so they say :D