Two foreigners among six new cases of Covid-19 in quarantine

webfact

Two foreigners among six new cases of Covid-19 in quarantine

By The Nation

800_2bfcc7f392fc803.jpg?v=1601616082

The Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) reported six new cases, including two foreigners, in quarantine facilities over a 24-hour period on Friday.

A 34-year-old male civil servant had returned from South Sudan.

A seven-month-old baby and a 23-year-old male Indian had returned from India.two Two A 42-year-old and a 29-year-old had returned from the United Arab Emirates.

A 56-year-old man had returned from Japan and tested positive at Suvarnabhumi Airport's screening checkpoint.

Meanwhile, five patients have recovered and been discharged.

The total number of confirmed cases in Thailand increased to 3,575 (637 in state quarantine), of whom 132 are in hospital, 3,384 have recovered and been discharged, and 59 have died.

According to Worldometer, as of 10 am on Friday, the total number of confirmed cases increased to 34.4 million (up by 319,406 over a 24-hour period), 25.66 million have recovered, 7.7 million are active cases (66,079 in serious condition), and 1.02 million have died (increasing by 8,922).

Thailand ranks 138th for most cases in the world, while the US has the most number with 7.49 million, followed by India 6.39 million, Brazil 4.84 million, Russia 1.18 million and Colombia 835,339.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30395505

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-10-02

Everyday thailand test, catch the covid positive 

no local infection. 

14 day quarantine 

= successful 

Lucky not listen to the conspiracy loons. Smart. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Foreigners returning to Thailand have to have, inter-alia, a Negative Covid-19 test result within 72 hours of departing from their origin.

Thai nationals do not...... So the Thais on repatriation flights can pass the virus to other Thais and the foreigners on board which then shows up later on the first test in quarantine.

And the still unanswered question.....why are Thais allowed to get on repat flight untested for the virus????????

Correct me if i am wrong.  I thought these were the NEWEST rules for everyone ???

To fly back to Thailand, there are basically 5 things you need to do:

• Have one of the allowed visas
  • Get a Certificate of Entry
    • Book an alternative state quarantine
    • Book a flight to Thailand
    • Buy health or travel insurance with COVID-19 coverage
  • Get a COVID-19 test
  • Get a “Fit-to-fly” medical certificate
  • Prepare Necessary Paperwork for Boarding

Thailand has strict regulations on each step that isn't mentioned on their announcement. You need to follow all of them in order to come to Thailand during this time.

3 hours ago, flyvnsky said:

Foreigners returning to Thailand have to have, inter-alia, a Negative Covid-19 test result within 72 hours of departing from their origin.

Thai nationals do not...... So the Thais on repatriation flights can pass the virus to other Thais and the foreigners on board which then shows up later on the first test in quarantine.

And the still unanswered question.....why are Thais allowed to get on repat flight untested for the virus????????

Yes, I have asked that question to Cathay Pacific. I've also asked why no social distancing. And I'm considering cancelling my trip because of these points

I made it back on a flight from Beijing this week ... 100% full flight (no spacing) - 100% mask by everyone (except when eating)  - Even the cabin crew donned Hazmat suit when landing and was dealing with ground crew.  No new cases in Beijing for 50 days last week  (all new cases reported was imports in quarantine)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Seems a bit biased and farang bashing to me. How about headline....

66% of new cases are Thais ? 

But...farang refers to "white" people not to foreigners

12 hours ago, Yinn said:

Smart.

so  thats why Thais repatriating  dont  have the  test 72 hours before  flying......yeah thats sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo smart, about as  smart as  their driving  habits.

Edited by bodga

5 hours ago, connda said:

Four Thais among six new cases of Covid-19 in quarantine. 

and  due to no pretest  flight  i  wonder how many new cases off  their  plane caught it, if  i  were  aircrew id  refuse to  work

6 hours ago, bodga said:

at what  point does white become not white?

At the point where the two persons tested positive were Indian and the poster made a general remark about farangs being in a hot chair 

"But why 2nd test in quarantine is on day #11 and not day #13?

Not that smart..."

You're behind the curve; 10 days is an accepted measure for when the virus should have run it's course of incubation regarding infectiousness. 

"The UK requirement for people who test positive or show symptoms to isolate for seven days was always on the low side - plenty of other countries require 10 days or even longer.

As coronavirus is new, there is still a lack of certainty over how long someone remains infectious, which is why there are a variety of approaches.

UK health officials say there is enough evidence now to point to a "low, but tangible" risk of transmission from seven to 10 days, even for those with mild to moderate illness."

--  "Coronavirus: Virus isolation period extended from seven to 10 days" (BBC)