Trump and Johnson face rubber ridicule as UK's 'Spitting Image' returns

rooster59

We had a similar TV show in Australia, called Rubbery Figures. Its radio counterpart went by the name " How Green Was My Cactus". Paul Keating was Pallbearer, and John Howard would tell his interlocutors to nicky woop.

This clip from the same era, by the late John Clarke and Bryan Dawe, is IMO an absolute gem of political satire.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, rooster59 said:

lampoon a new generation of politicians, royals and celebrities in puppet form, led by Donald Trump

Hahaha .. love the bit where his syrup of fig flies off .. and accordingly his will be the biggest , best puppet no doubt .. 

• Haha 1

Here’s the 1st of the new series ( thanks YouTube ). 

Those of us who remember the original series ( Maggie Thatcher, Arthur Scargill and Roger Moore etc ) might be a bit disappointed that it feels just like the same old jokes with different characters.

I mean, haven’t jokes about Donald and Boris’s hair been done to death ??

Might appeal to teenagers me thinks !

• Like 1

FYI - Britbox is "geo-blocked" which I class as inherently evil, I am British and it is my God-given right to watch British TV material.... anyway my poxy VPN (Vypr) can't get passed it, tried with three different browsers. Probably looking at some Windows location setting which I am not going to fiddle about with just so I can watch some not too inspiring stuff.

BUT a helpful hint on another ex-pat forum - last nights episode is on Dailymotion already! Enjoy....