Visa extensions approved under previous amnesty upheld until Nov 30 at Phuket IO this morning

9 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You have to go to the office where you applied for the extension.

I got the extension prior 26th September to end  26th October in BKK ,   can i apply for the 30th November stamp in a different province or i have to go back to BKK office? 

5 minutes ago, freesudani said:

I got the extension prior 26th September to end  26th October in BKK ,   can i apply for the 30th November stamp in a different province or i have to go back to BKK office? 

Ubonjoe knows his stuff - if he say's the same office, then it surely must be the same office.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, freesudani said:

You could try the nearest office and see what happens, you might get lucky and they might have a computer that can connect to the network and someone who can operate it.After all Thailand is the digital hub,or did they mean USB hub? 

Edited by FarFlungFalang

12 minutes ago, audaciousnomad said:

The language that was used when they rejected his application, "tourists cannot stay more than 90 days" makes me think this. 

Actually tourists already stayed here more than 90 days. And an extra month until Nov 30 is just a follow-up to the amnesty.

21 minutes ago, JoseThailand said:

Actually tourists already stayed here more than 90 days. And an extra month until Nov 30 is just a follow-up to the amnesty.

I wouldn't mind so much if they had just rejected it - but they gave the extension first, let me go home, then called me on the phone and asked me to drive back for them to void the stamp.

12 minutes ago, 2530Ubon said:

I wouldn't mind so much if they had just rejected it - but they gave the extension first, let me go home, then called me on the phone and asked me to drive back for them to void the stamp.

There must have been a "quality check" on applications after you left, and some higher up told the front-liners that they needed to correct the mistake they made in giving it to you the first time. ???? 

9 minutes ago, audaciousnomad said:

There must have been a "quality check" on applications after you left, and some higher up told the front-liners that they needed to correct the mistake they made in giving it to you the first time. ???? 

I actually sat down with the IO boss both times - when she gave me the extension, i had to go speak to the boss. When she called me back in to the office, i sat down with the boss again whilst the minions voided the extension of stay.

8 minutes ago, Jackcwba said:

So is this “stay until 30 November” as long as you paid your fee before 26th September now official? 

I haven’t seen a post saying it’s official but I would be doing it at Muang thon thani but I have only seen news on Phuket IO?

IF you used an embassy letter. I got the stamp, then they voided it! (tourist visa extension)

1 hour ago, 2530Ubon said:

IF you used an embassy letter. I got the stamp, then they voided it! (tourist visa extension)

Yes I used an embassy letter due to covid. Sorry I am not sure what you mean. 

I came here on a tourist 60 - used the 30 extension, and this is my 2nd covid letter used. So I will still be granted until November 30? Seeing as I went on time before the deadline on 26 September.

my under consideration date to go back is October 20, so I’m right in thinking the dragons will just stamp me until November 30 ?

32 minutes ago, Jackcwba said:

Yes I used an embassy letter due to covid. Sorry I am not sure what you mean. 

I came here on a tourist 60 - used the 30 extension, and this is my 2nd covid letter used. So I will still be granted until November 30? Seeing as I went on time before the deadline on 26 September.

my under consideration date to go back is October 20, so I’m right in thinking the dragons will just stamp me until November 30 ?

yes, you'll get to the 30th. My extension was also done before the deadline on the 26th, but i extended my tourist visa this time, as i didn't use it for the first two amnesty announcements. I had an embassy letter with me also, but i used the tourist extension as i didn't want to go back to the IO again a week or so later. Silly silly mistake.

43 minutes ago, 2530Ubon said:

yes, you'll get to the 30th. My extension was also done before the deadline on the 26th, but i extended my tourist visa this time, as i didn't use it for the first two amnesty announcements. I had an embassy letter with me also, but i used the tourist extension as i didn't want to go back to the IO again a week or so later. Silly silly mistake.

Not really a silly mistake.  You exercised your judgement based on limited information.  The fact that what the Thai government decided  was ill thought through, late, inadequately communicated and inconsistently applied acted to your detriment. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2530Ubon said:

How could you know they would do this? Not your fault if they accepted the application, just very unfortunate.

6 hours ago, 2530Ubon said:

Very strange situation. I wonder if Ubon immigration have misunderstood so I'll wait to see the official guidance. You should start a new thread on this topic as it's important and a bit different from the one described by the OP.

Edited by edwardandtubs
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, edwardandtubs said:

Very strange situation. I wonder if Ubon immigration have misunderstood so I'll wait to see the official guidance. You should start a new thread on this topic as it's important and a bit different from the one described by the OP.

Just seen you've already done it.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1185992-60-day-extensions/#comments

10 minutes ago, wmlc said:

Good info. Bangkok however is still not honoring this. We don’t know why? 

They did a stamp yesterday to November 30th at Muang Thong Thani yesterday for a person that applied using a embassy letter.

From page one of this topic.

image.png.19b9e42b5d6754cac0b53e96520b9788.png

• Thanks 1

Another report from MTT, this time someone who was already stamped until Oct 26 from embassy letter, but they gave a further stamp until Nov 30.

31 Aug: Went for her (embassy letter) extension, received “under consideration” stamp for 14 Sep to return to “close the loop”
14 Sep: Went to immigration and got “extension granted” stamp, to 26 Oct.
6 Oct: today got her “extension granted” stamp for 30 Nov. 

• Thanks 2

On 10/5/2020 at 3:58 PM, alw22 said:

Any idea if we must return to the same immigration office where we got the under consideration stamp?  Or can we go to any office?

I'm currently over 1,000km away...

I'm in the same boat. Would appreciate report from anyone with first hand experience.

On 10/5/2020 at 5:51 PM, freesudani said:

i hope so , its mind boggling that i have to travel for 3-4 hours just to get a stamp while the nearest office is 10 minutes away.

Please do report back and let us know. 

On 10/5/2020 at 3:42 PM, Ventenio said:

yes nov 30 stamp today

soon there will be 10 pages of COVID stamps and this is a conspiracy by embassies to get us to buy a new passport.

Everything is a conspiracy.

everything.  

Yep.

Just because we're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get us.

11 minutes ago, greggraham said:

Randomly several people who have gone back to "close the stamp" in Chiang Mai have been given until 30 December...

No photo description available.

Yikes, I hope these people do not assume Dec 30th is the correct date. I had the wrong date stamped in my passport a few times in Thailand the past several years. One time I got 90 days on a 30 day visa exempt entry at swampy.