60 day extensions

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

It seems they may be applying different rules for those that applied for a 30 day extension of their original tourist visa entry.

Others that used a embassy letter have gotten the stamp to November 30th.

very unfair - i paid the same amount and i actually had an embassy letter with me too.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BritTim said:

Seems like you need to tick "Others" on the form and explain "Had embassy letter, but was not accepted".

He went in to close out his 30 day extension (hoping to get to Nov 30, but they revoked that). Then they presented him with a form for the new 60 day extension if he wants to stay longer than Oct 31.

22 minutes ago, greggraham said:

This seems to be the first look at the new '60-day' extensions mentioned last week, with the price also known for the first time. 

Not sure why they voided your initial Nov 30 stamp. 

Me too, they weren't too sure of the new regulations tbh, they were all talking about it amoungst themselves and i had to talk to the boss of the IO. They were all very nice and helpful, but i question why i can't have an extension to the 30th, but the embassy letters can. I have an embassy letter and showed it to the IO at the same time. Otherwise i've just thrown away 1,900, but the ohers who have paid with an embassy letter haven't. Feel like i shouldn't have bothered to do everything correctly. Perhaps they will call me again soon and say "sorry, i need to do your extension again!"

112.jpg

Edited by 2530Ubon
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, greggraham said:

Joe just pointed out that these new 60-day extensions have actually already been put into writing (I think here: https://www.immigration.go.th/?avada_portfolio=การอนุญาตให้คนต่างด้าว-3&portfolioCats=31%2C31), he's getting a translation done. 

I only requested a translation of pages 3 and 4 of that announcement that is the immigration order.

Pages 1 and 2 are the Ministerial Announcement posted in the royal gazette last week.

1 hour ago, 2530Ubon said:

very unfair - i paid the same amount and i actually had an embassy letter with me too.

This is really unfair. I am in the same situation, although I didn't have an embassy letter. I had to go to Chiang Mai to get my regular extension. It seems that I lost 1900 baht + travel expenses.

I hope they change their mind though.

4 minutes ago, JoseThailand said:

This is really unfair. I am in the same situation, although I didn't have an embassy letter. I had to go to Chiang Mai to get my regular extension. It seems that I lost 1900 baht + travel expenses.

I hope they change their mind though.

Have there been any other reports of TV extensions getting accepted/rejected for the 30th Nov stamp? Did you go back to the IO and get rejected?

Edited by 2530Ubon

10 minutes ago, 2530Ubon said:

Have there been any other reports of TV extensions getting accepted/rejected for the 30th Nov stamp? Did you go back to the IO and get rejected?

Just to clarify, did you extend before the 26th September based on the normal 30 day extension of a tourist entry or was it using the Embassy letter ? I went to Ubon today with my "under consideration" stamp and they said to come back on Wednesday BUT i would get a stamp for the 30/11

18 minutes ago, 2530Ubon said:

Ignore that last post, you just replied to my message. Thanks

1 minute ago, PhoSai said:

Just to clarify, did you extend before the 26th September based on the normal 30 day extension of a tourist entry or was it using the Embassy letter ? I went to Ubon today with my "under consideration" stamp and they said to come back on Wednesday BUT i would get a stamp for the 30/11

yes, TV extended 30 days on the 25th. I also had an embassy letter with me and showed them at the time. Seems like not all who paid will get until the 30th... Only the embassy letters

3 minutes ago, 2530Ubon said:

yes, TV extended 30 days on the 25th. I also had an embassy letter with me and showed them at the time. Seems like not all who paid will get until the 30th... Only the embassy letters

Thanks. That explains the confusion then, because i think the 30th Nov clause was based on extensions via the letter and not all extensions. Or maybe thats just how Ubon perceived it. But logically you are right its unfair given you paid the money and stayed legal.

Edited by PhoSai

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

It seems they may be applying different rules for those that applied for a 30 day extension of their original tourist visa entry.

Others that used a embassy letter have gotten the stamp to November 30th.

I presume that the former are now off the amnesty, while the latter are still on it? 

voided the extension that they just gave me, and told me tourists can't stay here longer than 90 days.

That suggests so. 

Edited by Promula

6 hours ago, edwardandtubs said:

I think it's better to wait this one out. I suspect those of us who got the regular extension will also be covered in the end.

I hope so, i don't see why the embassy letters are being treated differently - we all had to sit/stand in long queues for hours and paid the same fee, only for the government to announce another amnesty AFTER amnesty had finished.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Promula said:

Possibly because you took yourself off of the amnesty? You're a regular tourist again, not someone who can't leave.

That would make sense... if they were allowing regular tourists again. The only tourists allowed right now are the STV ones i think? Perhaps they shouldn't of extended the TV and aren't allowed to extend it further. I read that other people couldn't extend their tourist visas last time.

6 minutes ago, 2530Ubon said:

That would make sense... if they were allowing regular tourists again. The only tourists allowed right now are the STV ones i think?

They're the only ones allowed in, but you're already here. Perhaps they made an error in extending your 60 day TV for 30 days or maybe they've just decided to re-allow such applications as another method of removing people on amnesty.

It will be very interesting to see how your 60 day covid extension application goes (presumably its 3900 baht fee is 2x the usual 1900 baht fee for 30 days plus a bit of inflation). Lots of people will be following in your footsteps later this year.

Edited by Promula

16 minutes ago, Promula said:

Possibly because you took yourself off of the amnesty? You're a regular tourist again, not someone who can't leave.

That doesn't make any sense. Amnesty is for all, not only for those who applied with embassy letters. Otherwise, he is not entitled even to the Oct 31 amnesty and must leave by Oct 26.

Edited by JoseThailand
  • Like 1

That doesn't make any sense. Amnesty is for all, not only for those who applied with embassy letters. Otherwise, he is not entitled even to the Oct 31 amnesty.

Why doesn't it make sense? The amnesty letters were to extend amnesty.

He arrived in Thailand in Feb or whether it was on a 60 day TV, he went onto amnesty in April or whether it was which meant he didn't need to leave the country or use his 30 day extension. Now he's used it he's no longer on amnesty as he's on a TV extension. 

Edited by Promula

4 minutes ago, Promula said:

It will be very interesting to see how your 60 day covid extension application goes (presumably its 3900 baht fee is 2x the usual 1900 baht fee for 30 days plus a bit of inflation). Lots of people will be following in your footsteps later this year.

I think that will go fine, they were really nice and helpful and sat me down with the boss to explain things. They were all laughing and joking with me, they've known me for years staying here on business visas and now tourist visas - they said "thank covid and go tamboon, long time for free already!" i replied "i've already been to the temple, but that was today, when you took away my free 30 days!". The IO's at Ubon are really nice people, no dragons! They tried to get me to go and teach in a school.... no thanks!

They said it would be better to apply for the new visa, rather than apply for another embassy letter. I think they told me that you get the full 2 months straight away, you don't have to wait 15 days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Promula said:

He arrived in Thailand in Feb or whether it was on a 60 day TV, he went onto amnesty in April or whether it was which meant he didn't need to leave the country or use his 30 day extension. Now he's used it he's no longer on amnesty as he's on a TV extension. 

But since the government granted a retroactive amnesty until Oct 31, they should honor all extensions made before Sep 26 and uphold them until Nov 30. That's what they said at least. Because people paid money and used extensions, which proved to be unnecessary.

Edited by JoseThailand

4 minutes ago, Promula said:

Why doesn't it make sense? The amnesty letters were to extend amnesty.

If you're on an embassy letter, then your not on amnesty right? The only one's who are on amnesty are the ones who didn't go to their IO and get a visa prior to the 26th

• Thanks 1

But since the government granted a retrospective amnesty until Oct 31, they should honor all extensions made before Sep 26 and uphold them until Nov 30. Because people paid money and used extensions, which proved to be unnecessary.

Seems they don't agree with you.