Embassy Decision Time

Have to agree with Aussie....More details please

For my experience...getting Thai wife a Visa to the US...she went into the embassy in Chiang Mai for the interview and they told her 2 - 4 days. 2 days later we had the 10 year multiple entry visa

I recall that it's a UK visa that you'll be supporting, in which case, you may well have a decision within a week of applying. However, if an interview is deemed appropriate, your missus will be given the firat available appointment which currently seems to be at the 5-6 week mark.

Scouse.

I recall that it's a UK visa that you'll be supporting, in which case, you may well have a decision within a week of applying. However, if an interview is deemed appropriate, your missus will be given the firat available appointment which currently seems to be at the 5-6 week mark.

Scouse.

Additional detail:

• Spouse Visa

• After marriage in Thailand

• UK

• Every shred of plausible evidence I can lay my hands on

• Visa will be made using a registered / professional OISC representative.

Pilgrim

As far as possible, the embassy in Bangkok undertakes to assess applications on the basis of the paperwork provided, but they still have the right to interview an applicant. Unfortunately, there's no way of telling in advance whether your wife is going to be called for an interview. Certainly, however, a properly presented application is likely to attract further scrutiny than a poorly prepared one.

If you were to have an entitlement to a passport of another EEA country, then although your wife could still be interviewed, she should not be placed in the normal interview queue, as to make her wait too long could be construed as interfering with her European.

Scouse.