What happened with Amnesty?

Hi, I went along to immigration on Sept 24th and got stamped until Oct 22nd. I've lost track of things since then. The thing is that I have been offered work but the company say they don't have enough time to process to non immigrant b. Is it still the same that to get my tourist visa extended I need a letter from the embassy? The way they said it last time was to just turn up and they will do it.

Did you get a extension stamp or a under consideration stamp to the 22nd.

If you already have a extension stamp you can back to immigration now  and they will change to November 30th with no fee charged.

If a under consideration stamp the will do your extension to November 30th when you go back on the 22nd.

The above is in immigration announcement and offices are doing it now. The new amnesty ends on the 31st of this month and it was decided to change all extension issued now or before to start on November 1st.

11 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

We shall see if it is another rinse and repeat, or the final drop dead date to obtain a visa or an extension based upon having a long term visa.

I don't think they will do another extension of the ministerial notice.

That is why they are going to do 60 day extensions and everybody that applied for a 30 day extension to November 30th.