Four foreigners among six new Covid-19 cases in quarantine

rooster59

Four foreigners among six new Covid-19 cases in quarantine

By THE NATION

800_aebddc1a0816982.jpg

The Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) reported six new cases in quarantine facilities over a 24-hour period on Saturday.

One patient had arrived from Japan, one from the UK, one from Germany, one from Kuwait, and two from India. The two Thai nationals had come from the UK and Kuwait.

The total number of confirmed cases in Thailand increased to 3,634 (696 in state quarantine), 130 are in hospital, 3,445 have recovered and been discharged and 59 have died.

According to Worldometer, as of 9am on Saturday, the total number of confirmed cases increased to 37.09 million (up by 348,630), 27.89 million have recovered (up by 245,733), and 1.07 million have died (increasing by 5,748).

Thailand ranks 139th for most cases in the world, while the US has the most number with 7.89 million, followed by India 6.97 million, Brazil 5.05 million, Russia 1.27 million and Colombia 894,300.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30395978

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-10-11

1 hour ago, AndrewMciver said:

Even if they are asymptomatic they can still pass the virus on to someone who will have problems with it. And then on it goes. 

Hmmm, wondering if the same applies for the influenza ?

• Like 1

Fact: There were 1.5 million deaths in 2018 for Tuberculosis (a highly contagious airborne transmittable disease) and there was no Pandemic declared. Why now.. why this virus? You could say it was those Imperial College of London models right? The known failed researcher Neil Ferguson... who just got it all wrong AGAIN. But why do we continue with the insanity, in fact accelerating it after we now know better? Tens of millions as projected have not and will not die. 

COVID-19-survival-rates.jpg

Edited by Tounge Thaied
spelling and content
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Tounge Thaied said:

It's irresponsible to report persons as patients when in fact someone who is a "patient" would not be traveling. The VAST majority of "cases" are in fact not "patients". The VAST majority of positive test results never develop symptoms let alone become a "patient". And... just because the policy is to whisk people off to hospital simply because they get a positive test result, does not necessarily also make them a "patient". Let's be clear, to be a "patient" and a true "case" you need to have signs and symptoms of illness that corroborate a positive test result. 

What are you even talking about?

A person that tests positive for Corona (assuming the test is accurate) has Corona - whether they exhibit outward symptoms or not. They are contagious just the same, and need to be in quarantine. You don't need symptoms to corroborate a "positive test result"

...and hence they are a "patient".

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Tounge Thaied said:

It's irresponsible to report persons as patients when in fact someone who is a "patient" would not be traveling. The VAST majority of "cases" are in fact not "patients". The VAST majority of positive test results never develop symptoms let alone become a "patient". And... just because the policy is to whisk people off to hospital simply because they get a positive test result, does not necessarily also make them a "patient". Let's be clear, to be a "patient" and a true "case" you need to have signs and symptoms of illness that corroborate a positive test result. 

"The Infectious" or "The Virus Carriers" or "The Walking Infested" would be preferable?

If I tested positive, I wouldn't want to be labeled like an extra in a Netflix series.

3 hours ago, Tounge Thaied said:

Fact: There were 1.5 million deaths in 2018 for Tuberculosis (a highly contagious airborne transmittable disease) and there was no Pandemic declared. Why now.. why this virus? You could say it was those Imperial College of London models right? The known failed researcher Neil Ferguson... who just got it all wrong AGAIN. But why do we continue with the insanity, in fact accelerating it after we now know better? Tens of millions as projected have not and will not die. 

So far, 219,000 dead and 7.9M infections in the US = mortality 2.7%, about 27 times as high as the seasonal flu. Most of them must have been in retirement age according to your litte table? Then, no big deal? Only the weak, the Darwinian chaff above age 70 and/or with pre-existing conditions are at risk, so who cares, certainly none of us younger than 70?

• Haha 1

Why argue about words...The internet provide specific information from experts.

Yes, infected people can transmit the virus both when they have symptoms and when they don’t have symptoms. This is why it is important that all people who are infected are identified by testing, isolated, and, depending on the severity of their disease, receive medical care.  Even people confirmed to have COVID-19 but who do not have symptoms should be isolated to limit their contact with others.  These measures break chains of transmission.

https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/question-and-answers-hub/q-a-detail/q-a-how-is-covid-19-transmitted

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

I will allow you to work out the % so as not to fog up your brain, so the actual infection fatality rate of Covid-19 would come down immensely, to around 0.14%, there no need to defog your brain, i.e. less than the influenza strain, as opposed to the original fear/panic/scaremongering tactics to suggest of 3.4%.

But will the governments listen and let go of their power grab, time will see.

The purpose of distancing measures is to keep health systems from being overwhelmed by an exponentially growing case load.

That already happened last spring, for instance in Italy and NY. Now, in October, a number of US states hover above 95% ICU usage despite distancing. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/07/us/coronavirus-north-dakota.html

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

22 hours ago, tonray said:

The optics are not good for allowing tourists back into the country, if screened and vetted passengers are still showing up with the virus under very controlled conditions. 

Thailand dose need it tourist's back as it dose not have the welfare symptoms like the west, but only let in the countries with very low numbers not Europe or USA but I'm sure the Thai government will make am exception for China $$$,as from what I've read they are now.I am hanging out to come back and not spend half my time in quinidine. I an Aussie missing my street food and everything I am hopping by mid next year or before. PLEASE LET ME BACK.    

10 hours ago, maqui said:

The purpose of distancing measures is to keep health systems from being overwhelmed by an exponentially growing case load.

That already happened last spring, for instance in Italy and NY. Now, in October, a number of US states hover above 95% ICU usage despite distancing. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/07/us/coronavirus-north-dakota.html

The way I read that is that as of Tuesday, 284 have died. 

Now if you look at the CDC's statistics recorded for North Dakota for say the flu/pneumonia for 2018, it stands at 152 deaths, so we can agree the number of deaths in 2020 are higher, e.g. 284 vs 152, however the fear mongering figure of 24,000 people infected is what people look at, have they ever in the world tested people for flu/pneumonia, NO........so it's fear mongering.

People age, people die of all sorts of underlying illnesses, Covid-19 is lethal to the elderly, especially those with underlying conditions, but we also have to say the same applies for the flu/influenza, they all affect the respiratory system, that said, if one is healthy and has a good immune system then Covid-19 is pretty much the same as the flu.

We are all going to die, that is part of the cycle, but shutting down the world for Covid-19 is sinister, other measure need to be taken to protect the elderly and others need to take responsibility for themselves, such as myself who has an underlying condition which could expose me to it, that said, herd immunity has been proven to work for centuries, and there are drugs already available on the market that professionals in their fields of medicine and others have been screaming to put it back on the shelves.

Did you ever ask yourself why did they remove the product, what all of a sudden doctors don't know what they are doing, has there ever been a time in history where they have restricted doctors from prescribing medicine on a massive scale or threaten to revoke their licenses, they even put out a false paper that made it into the prestigious Lancet only later to be removed.

Hospitals are not being overwhelmed, perhaps in North Dakota as the story says, it's in a rural setting and any rural setting hospitals will become overwhelmed if there is an outbreak of a flu/pneumonia/coronavirus, that's because they tend to have less beds.

Believe what you want, the truth is out now, it was a plannedemic, even the WHO now agrees the numbers are no worse than the flu, albeit it is more contagious, that's it ????

Edit: CDC statistics link:  https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/pressroom/sosmap/flu_pneumonia_mortality/flu_pneumonia.htm

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Sad 1

22 hours ago, Tounge Thaied said:

Its a decease which is very good to be treated and cured. There is a effective vaccine to prevent it. But many poor countries have no vaccine program to counter Tuberculosis.