Elite Card to dangle more privileges for foreign investors

webfact

It's time Thailand realised that the very wealthy might like to come to Thailand but don't "need" to. All these very expensive offers are a waste of time. Without a reopened border, as it used to be - but easier, Thailand will utterly destroy it's own tourist industry and the attractiveness of the country as a destination. So sad.

2 hours ago, Sammyinla said:

I am an Elite card holder and I have FINALLY received approvals to come back to Thailand. Finally!! Of course now I have to get an ASQ hotel, repatriation flight, and insurance for a year before I can get a COE. Then I have to test negative for covid 72 hours before my flight or else I have to do this all over again. What a pain, but at least there seems to be a way back now. 

Unbelievable, I think it's over for me now after ten years. They have no idea.

Do TAT know that you can open a company and get a work permit for about 60,000 bht ....no need to invest 1 million dollars ????????and yearly renewals for work permit are 3500.  Bht

the offer should be automatic pr status and limited land ownership allowed for 1 million usd.

Edited by taninthai
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, biggles45 said:

Is it really a 5/20 year visa or is it just a one year visa that you must renew an extension every 12 months and report every 90 days like the existing one? 

You need to make distinctions.

The Thailand Elite membership is 5-20 years. You get a plastic credit card thing with the expiry date on it.

The PE (Privileged Entry) visa is valid until end of membership, or until expiry of passport (You'll get a new one in the new passport, max. until expiry of the TE membership)

Upon entry with a PE visa, you get a 1y permit to stay stamp. You can extend that every 12 months at the immigration, or simply do a "visa run" for another 1y stamp.

This is for the Easy Access at least, the older versions of Thailand Elite had another type of visa I think?

90 days reporting is regardless of the visa/extension type, applies to all temporary stays.

Edited by DrTuner

How desperate they think foreigners are to be in Thailand?

A registered capital of 2 Mio. THB will make a company including one year non immigrant type B visa and a work permit and they talk about millions of US$

Edited by Prince77

7 minutes ago, Prince77 said:

How desperate they think foreigners are to be in Thailand?

A registered capital of 2 Mio. THB will make a company including a work permit and they talk about millions of US$

They can easily set the quota for a work permit to 10000 Thais for one farang to get what they want, if they feel so. Many ways to skin a cat, the trap has been set for decades now.

Edited by DrTuner