Udon Thani-road Accident,help Required

topdjdel

Hi all,

A freind of mine(farang)is back in Udon with his wife(thai) but was involved in a road accident in the last few days where he was run over.

He is seriously ill in hospital with a broken pelvis, legs etc and currently in Udonthani Hospital centre ICU.

If anyone knows of the accident please please could they shed some info,details at present are very sketchy or indeed if would like to them out in anyway it would be most appreciated.People here in the UK are concerned for them.He is insured,at least thats something in his favour.

The only other details i have is that driver I assume in shock then crashed his/her car and I'm told is also in the same hospital.

Thanks in advance

delboy

Udon is not a village there are five major hosptials, The one you metoined I don't recognize, maybe someoneelse does. Most farrangs will be taken to this hospital unless they request a different one

Ask for the international office to get an english speaker.

Aekudon.com All rights Reserved.

555/5 Posri Rd. Amphur Muang Udonthani Province 41000 Tel. (+66 42) 342555 fax (+66 42) 341033

Email: [email protected] , [email protected]

BestView With Internet Explorer Resolution 1024 X 768 Pixels

Last Update 15 Feb 2007

Bit off-topic: I would like to advise anyone NOT to use Aek-Udorn. I have lost several friends there. The people of the Udorn expat community I know (all Thai speakers) recommend the Army hospital. They have the best reputation. What's the use of English-speaking staff if they don't cure you?

Bit off-topic: I would like to advise anyone NOT to use Aek-Udorn. I have lost several friends there. The people of the Udorn expat community I know (all Thai speakers) recommend the Army hospital. They have the best reputation. What's the use of English-speaking staff if they don't cure you?

Strange,the(english speaking)Thais are telling me the young doctors in the Military Hospital are inexperienced,on the contrary many doctors in the AEK come from the big public Hospital;they tell me the Military is a good place to die. :o

Strange,the(english speaking)Thais are telling me the young doctors in the Military Hospital are inexperienced,on the contrary many doctors in the AEK come from the big public Hospital;they tell me the Military is a good place to die. :o

I've had a throat infection and also dental work taken care of at AEK. No problems.

Having said that if I were serioulsy ill I would go to BKK if I could; care probably better than any hospital in Udon.

Thanks all to have replied.

my friend is in UdonThani hospital,his pelvis is broke and a leg broke and is very bruised and battered.

My friend remembers the whole thing,its a miracle he survived it,the driver was drunk and crashed into a fence he said.my friend said the car lost total control coming round a bend and was doing 30-40mph and knocked him up in the air.

I would suspect that some of the readers know my friend "cookie" up there in udon and wish him all the best.

Thanks again

delboy

Glad to hear cookie will live to see another day and hope for a full recovery for him.

As far as Udon AEK goes,

They are far from perfect but they are also by far the best Issan has to offer.

Edited by Mai Krap