Holla fruit wine anyone?

recom273

I needed some wine for braised lamb shanks .. The wife went to BigC and went through the range while I was watching on LINE.

I settled for this - 219B - Some of the other cheaper bottles had “fruit wine” across the label. When she got home, this one is also labelled “fruit wine” in the back. 

Fruit wine sounds a bit ominous.

Does anyone have any rough ideas before I open it and ruin some perfectly decent lamb shanks. 

Does anyone else have a chosen cooking wine? 

image.jpg

Edited by recom273

As the bottle you have is not real wine as it should be produced, I would never put that on any kind of food. Neither would I even try to drink it. I can tell you it will be horrible!

If you wish to make it good, you should chose from Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Shiraz. 

I would either choose Cassilero del Diablo (Shiraz) if you choose a red wine. That one you can usually find in Tops, but sometimes they only have Cabernet Sauvignon which will work same good..

When you go for a white wine you can very well use the same brand Cassilero del Diablo.

It will set you back about 600 baht for a bottle what ever you choose, but you will get a really good dinner. ???? 

2 hours ago, Matzzon said:

As the bottle you have is not real wine as it should be produced, I would never put that on any kind of food. Neither would I even try to drink it. I can tell you it will be horrible!

If you wish to make it good, you should chose from Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Shiraz. 

I would either choose Cassilero del Diablo (Shiraz) if you choose a red wine. That one you can usually find in Tops, but sometimes they only have Cabernet Sauvignon which will work same good..

When you go for a white wine you can very well use the same brand Cassilero del Diablo.

It will set you back about 600 baht for a bottle what ever you choose, but you will get a really good dinner. ???? 

Perfect answer! I will take a look in tops. I don’t drink a lot anyway, but if I wanted wine it used to be a quick visit to the duty free between Malaysia.

The label is a bit misleading - the other fruit wines were labeled as, this was hidden away on the back.

Why don’t I take a nip? Because then I can’t fob it off on to someone else. ???? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, recom273 said:

Perfect answer! I will take a look in tops. I don’t drink a lot anyway, but if I wanted wine it used to be a quick visit to the duty free between Malaysia.

The label is a bit misleading - the other fruit wines were labeled as, this was hidden away on the back.

Why don’t I take a nip? Because then I can’t fob it off on to someone else. ???? 

Right! Even if you do not drink a lot, it can be nice on occasion. In that case you will at the same time has a perfect wine for drinking. Actually, Gordon Ramsey is often serving Cassilero del Diablo at his restaurant Hell Kitchen that also goes as TV-serie.

Regarding passing the wine on. Hmm ooh my god. You have to consider that person will be your enemy for life. ????

1 hour ago, Matzzon said:

Right! Even if you do not drink a lot, it can be nice on occasion. In that case you will at the same time has a perfect wine for drinking. Actually, Gordon Ramsey is often serving Cassilero del Diablo at his restaurant Hell Kitchen that also goes as TV-serie.

Regarding passing the wine on. Hmm ooh my god. You have to consider that person will be your enemy for life. ????

That’s ok .. I’m sure they will do something just as evil, like add sprite.

• Haha 1