Price For Fortuner Tyre

I blew one of my tyres beyond repair, now driving on the spare. Problem is I don't know how much these cost and I am up in the north in the mountains. The local mechanic quoted me Bht 5000 for a new tyre delivered.

Unfortunately the mech isn't very trustworthy as they already ripped off my wife when they came to change a tyre for 200 Baht. Their excuse was "they didn't know we are local" haha, but I don't care. Trust is lost already.

Is that a normal price? I have absolutely no idea how much these are and would like to avoid going to Chiang Mai just to get a quote / normal price.

They are stock 16" Bridgestone Duelers which I think come with every new Fortuner.

Thanks for any input!

Hi,

I was quoted 4500 before discount in chanthaburi (they hinted a discount of around 10-15% if all 4 tires were changed). 5000 might be slightly high, but if you're out in the sticks it should be ok.

Tompa,

Bridgestone outlets seem to be everywhere in Thailand, give the local outlet a call and get a quote, inlist a local if needed for translation. Can't be that hard to find a phone number and an answer to your question.

Edited by dvk1951

Ok thanks a lot, all.

Just bought a Dueler /HT 16" in Chiang Mai at a chain store (Cockpit) for BHT 4,950. Surprisingly expensive but then again, I didn't really feel like running around getting quotes just to save a few hundred baht.

On my remark that the mech in the mountains was surprisingly cheap with his quote for 5,000, I also found out that that wasn't really a quote, it was more like a guess before he made a few phone calls. So undoubtedly it would have been more than 5k up there as they need to bring the tire etc.