Flying without cancelling my Employment visa

Hi everyone 

I really need advice anyone who can help me out. I've been working with a big thai company for 6months and in April they lay me off and told me to wait. After 3months they forced me to resign without prior notice and no compensation was given. My visa is going to expire on December 9 but my permit already expired on 19 September.

1-)Can i fly out thailand without cancelling my Employment visa? 

2-) will there be any trouble at immigration desk on the airport? 

Please advise me ????

What is expiring on December 9th. is it a multiple entry non-b visa issued by a embassy or consulate? 

Your permit to stay date is what is important. Is 12 September the date on extension of stay stamp done at a immigration office? When did you enter the country?

You can leave the country before the 31st of this month without a problem. After that day you will be on an overstay unless you apply for a 30 day extension with a letter from your embassy.

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

What is expiring on December 9th. is it a multiple entry non-b visa issued by a embassy or consulate? 

Your permit to stay date is what is important. Is 12 September the date on extension of stay stamp done at a immigration office? When did you enter the country?

You can leave the country before the 31st of this month without a problem. After that day you will be on an overstay unless you apply for a 30 day extension with a letter from your embassy.

As @ubonjoe implied, there are three separate components of what you refer to as an "employment visa":

• The visa issued at an embassy/consulate outside Thailand. If not expired or (in the case of a single entry visa) used, it remains valid and does not need to be cancelled. The visa, even if not expired, does not automatically mean you are legally in Thailand.
  • Your permission to stay in Thailand. An initial permission to stay of, usually, 90 days is given when you enter Thailand and never needs to be cancelled. If your permission to stay is extended, based on working, the permission to stay automatically expires if your employment ceases. However, it is better to get a letter from your employer to confirm the date of the end of your employment, and take this to immigration to ensure your permission to stay is officially cancelled as of the appropriate date. Normally, you would then need to exit the country, but the special circumstances with Covid-19 means that you are allowed to stay without penalty until October 31st.
  • The work permit issued by the Labour Department which will usually be cancelled by your employer.
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Sued fatah said:

Hi everyone 

I really need advice anyone who can help me out. I've been working with a big thai company for 6months and in April they lay me off and told me to wait. After 3months they forced me to resign without prior notice and no compensation was given. My visa is going to expire on December 9 but my permit already expired on 19 September.

1-)Can i fly out thailand without cancelling my Employment visa? 

2-) will there be any trouble at immigration desk on the airport? 

Please advise me ????

Also, if you have been working for them for six months, that means you have passed the probation period (which is allowed to be up to 119 days), and you are entitled to compensation of at least three months’ salary if they cancel your employment without a legitimate reason. Talk to the department of labour about this, they don’t like it when companies fire people without giving them everything to which they are entitled.

• Like 1