I Feel Desperate.. Need Female Friends

cocho

Yes I do feel desperate to post this topic here but what can you do..? I don´t know how to get female friends in this city.

I´m 30, a lady/girl/woman (I don´t mind..) , I work with 2 different jobs at the moment, I go to the gym, I read books, I try to hang out with the few friends I got but I miss girlfriends. Friends you can go shopping with, share a bottle of wine and gossip, drink lattes for hours, solve problems with.. well you get the picture..

Come on girls where are you?? You can´t all be at home with boyfriends every night?? :D

Please drop me a line. Let´s meet up and have some fun! :o

Yes I do feel desperate to post this topic here but what can you do..? I don´t know how to get female friends in this city.

I´m 30, a lady/girl/woman (I don´t mind..) , I work with 2 different jobs at the moment, I go to the gym, I read books, I try to hang out with the few friends I got but I miss girlfriends. Friends you can go shopping with, share a bottle of wine and gossip, drink lattes for hours, solve problems with.. well you get the picture..

Come on girls where are you?? You can´t all be at home with boyfriends every night?? :D

Please...take my wife with you! Get her out of the house. Help her spice up her life a little. I think she is bored with me. :D

I know many girls who share the same feelings as you: unless you know people, it can be intimidating walking into the numerous guy-friendly bars and pubs. I love my Thai friends to bits but they are my lunch friends and don't do nights, so need expat friends to play with at night. It is fairly easy if you know one or two people, then you just gradually expand your group. I used to organise a monthly girlie night at The Pub which was attended by over 50 women. It was great. But I got busy and times changed. I wonder if I organise somthing similar again as a one-off whether anyone would be interested. Do PM me if you are keen.

^^^^^ Yes, no Tom Foolery or shenanigans. What would we do with out you? :o

You've had 2 prior warnings for questioning moderation in the past 4 weeks 'Toptrainer'... care to continue? :D

Only in moderation? :o

Anyway, my wife needs friends, badly, but I'm hesitant to recommend her joining up for fear of her slowly becoming brainwashed with a Western feminist agenda..

And then, a large percentage of Western women are here because of (their husband's) missionary work aren't they.. That won't do either.

Edited by chanchao

It's so very unfortunate that I am in Bangkok because I would have been your first "yes, me!" for sure! I'm 27 and there just aren't any farang girls around my sort of age group anywhere to be found. I also have Thai girlfriends and loads of male friends which is great, but everything you say about missing bottles of wine, shopping, girly chats and giggles is just so true!

If you ever find yourself in BKK.............

L x

I know many girls who share the same feelings as you: unless you know people, it can be intimidating walking into the numerous guy-friendly bars and pubs. I love my Thai friends to bits but they are my lunch friends and don't do nights, so need expat friends to play with at night. It is fairly easy if you know one or two people, then you just gradually expand your group. I used to organise a monthly girlie night at The Pub which was attended by over 50 women. It was great. But I got busy and times changed. I wonder if I organise somthing similar again as a one-off whether anyone would be interested. Do PM me if you are keen.

Actually sounds pretty good. Always keen to meet new people. Get caught up in my schedule like most people but can usually manage to clear it if I plan ahead. Count me in!

go join a cooking class or some kinda yaga class . you will find alot of friends ,

most female i assume .

personally i like cooking . so along with many other hobby .

i like shopping , but my kinda shopping is look at how product is produce and the prie tag so i knwo what the market is offering whahha

open your heart and friends will come to you .

you get two kinda friends one that lich on you and one that support you . choose wisely

I always notice lots of Farang and Thai women in Aerobics classes and very few men. Seems like a fun place to meet new people and get in shape at the same time.

Join one of the better health clubs.

Edited by Ulysses G.

I always notice lots of Farang and Thai women in Aerobics classes and very few men. Seems like a fun place to meet new people and get in shape at the same time.

Join one of the better health clubs.

You will notice UG at the front of the class belting out his best Richard Simmons impersonation

BWAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHA

CB

Actually sounds pretty good. Always keen to meet new people. Get caught up in my schedule like most people but can usually manage to clear it if I plan ahead. Count me in!

I think thats a great idea. Thank you for telling me. Count me in too! :o

Hi Cocho

I regularly go to Chiang Mai Expats Club meetings. I have met a lot of women there, including a few your age and have some good friends. Give it a try. 2nd and 4th Sat every month at Chiang Mai Orchid Hotel next to Central. 10:30 AM, but come earlier top chat and get a seat. If you feel neglected, approach a Board member (white polos) and you are bound to get an introduction. They have a few good speakers, too.

Hey

I hear you. Early 30s woman in Chiang Mai - and would love to meet up for a drink or a glass of wine. How are you contactable? (I'm new to the forum).

Isis10

Hey

I hear you. Early 30s woman in Chiang Mai - and would love to meet up for a drink or a glass of wine. How are you contactable? (I'm new to the forum).

Isis10

Isis10 :

If you click on the/any name (like Isis10) you have an option to send that person a Personal Message and you can leave a message how to contact you ... :D

LaoPo

I am early thirties, and know loads of women who want to meet others. Not doing a sales pitch here, but I just haven't set a date, but if you check Citylife next month, I will post an announcement as to where and when we can organise a women's night out. We should just meet ina pub somewhere and every one pays their way, I don't want to charge per head or organise dinner as one never knows who will turn up. Does that sound good?