Absinthe

mosquitoman

Even if it is available I'd give it a wide berth if I were you.

It's available here in Italy and a friend brought around to a party we had last year. Half a dozen glasses of the 'green fairy' did more than what I bargained for.

Stay off the stuff it really is not good for your head.

Q bar too (at least they had a few months back) - but man, that stuff is expensive and strong! Think they even have a 90% version with me thinking that 70% version was the strongest.... Cheers!

For starters, if your senses are well awake and you have not numbed them with previous alcohol drinking, you will realize that the feeling of being drunk is obvious. Although your body is noticeably impaired just as with a common alcoholic beverage, your mind remains clear and sharp. Your powers of concentration are distorted, you can feel, listen, taste and smell better, colors will seem brighter.

You can forget about the entire world by simply concentrating in a melody, the weight of clothes on your body or going inside your mind. You will perceive things very clearly and can look at a daily chore with a whole new perspective. Enjoy the new way your senses awake, this is probably why artists like it so much, as whatever you do your senses are given a real feast. If you enjoy music, listen to a nice song. Test your sense of touch in different surfaces and you will be like a small child, discovering sensations by palpating objects you touch every single day. I recommend taking small samples of everyday food. Try and not to focus too much in one thing (which is quite difficult) and be aware of your surroundings.

then your tadger drops off :o

lao khao will do the job. u'll be shitfaced in not time at all. enjoy!

--------------------

Yes. And I now request..... no... BEG..the moderators to please delete this bloody thread. I wish I had never started it. It was a bad idea. I admit it now. I'll do whatever you want, but just please DELETE IT ALL!

chevykanteve

Well, Mr. 000000, I see you're still doing your "flaming troll" routine on me. Like another member said in another thread, do you have a vendetta on me? Your infantile actions concerning me have been going on for days now. I had assumed the moderators would shut you up, but they haven't.

THEREFORE,

here's an open invitation to GEORGE or some other conscientious MODERATOR to please read Thai Visa's own rules concerning trolls like "000000" and kindly BAN HIM ACCORDINGLY.

2) Posting another members personal details, photos or web site details is forbidden and will result in being banned. Excessive, aggressive posts against other members, moderators and admin; or flaming will not be tolerated. 'Flaming' is best defined as posting or responding to a message in a way clearly intended to incite useless arguments, rants, and/or for launching personal attacks, insulting, being hateful, useless criticism, name calling, swearing and other bad behavior or comments meant to incite anger.

Do not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or any attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants. The word, or its derivative, "trolling", is used to describe such messages or the act of posting them.

In Bangkok i have had absinth at 3 places

Glow Club( near narcissus soi 23 suk)

Pla dip art gallery and bar/restaurant pahayothin soi 5(next to soi aree)

funky dojos bar in silom (near le bouchon restaurant)

qbar used to have absinthe jello shots

Yes. And I now request..... no... BEG..the moderators to please delete this bloody thread. I wish I had never started it. It was a bad idea. I admit it now. I'll do whatever you want, but just please DELETE IT ALL!

Blimey. That's a bit of an over-reaction to a relatively harmless comment, isn't it?

Anyway, you can be sure that Absinthe, if it is on sale anywhere, will be ridiculously expensive. Had it myself (outside of Thailand) a few times and it doesn't really do anything more than just get you pissed quickly really, as any cheaper and more palatable liquor would. So not really up for spending the expected 400 - 500 Baht a shot or whatever it may be...

Yeah they had (have?) yelly shots of it at Qbar for 200 Baht each so not so bad, but naturally much less Absinthe in them than when they sell the actual drink (poored through sugar cubes) at about 400-1000 Baht a drink.

Dan; I do have a bottle at my place so at next football meet up (yeah - real athletes! :o ) we can try a shot.

CHeers!

I love absinth, I used to have 2 or 3 shots every weekend while working in Czech Republic...great stuff, better than tequilla anyways and more flavoured. I've never tried it in Thailand though and I doubt they know to prepare it properly.

--------------------

chevykanteve

Well, Mr. 000000, I see you're still doing your "flaming troll" routine on me. Like another member said in another thread, do you have a vendetta on me? Your infantile actions concerning me have been going on for days now. I had assumed the moderators would shut you up, but they haven't.

THEREFORE,

here's an open invitation to GEORGE or some other conscientious MODERATOR to please read Thai Visa's own rules concerning trolls like "000000" and kindly BAN HIM ACCORDINGLY.

2) Posting another members personal details, photos or web site details is forbidden and will result in being banned. Excessive, aggressive posts against other members, moderators and admin; or flaming will not be tolerated. 'Flaming' is best defined as posting or responding to a message in a way clearly intended to incite useless arguments, rants, and/or for launching personal attacks, insulting, being hateful, useless criticism, name calling, swearing and other bad behavior or comments meant to incite anger.

Do not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or any attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants. The word, or its derivative, "trolling", is used to describe such messages or the act of posting them.

Ok, you have proved your point. We now understand why it is illegal in so many countries...

Don't know about other places, but since I've found this topic yesterday, tonight I've been in Glow to get some absinth. 400 baht for a glass of cheap absinth with a lot of water and ice :D . No sugar, no fire, nothing, just a :D:o

I heard that in order to feel the psychoactive effect of the wormwood, you would need to drink quite a bit...in other words you would be passed out from the effects of the alcohol before you would feel any effects of the thujone.

chevykanteve

Eh! mosquitoman is the OP... how much did you have? :o

chevykanteve

Eh! mosquitoman is the OP... how much did you have? :o

How much did who have, of what?