where is Aroi Italy gone ?

domdom

Hello

This store selling italian products and wines is now closed (it was on Sukhumvit going North just before Pattaya Klang)..

Anybody knows where they are gone ? Somebody told me they were in Immagration Soi in Jomtien, went but nowhere to be seen (or I missed it)

Thank you very much

Have a nice day

21 hours ago, champers said:

Tbere is an Italian shop/deli/cafe on Jomtien 2nd Road just before the right turn into Soi 5 for Immigration (if on foot). I don't remember the shop's name.

Yeah, that's the one that came to my mind, too. Quite an expensive place, I seem to recall. I've no idea if it's still open, but Streetview shows that it's now an Italian restaurant. They may still have a deli section inside if it is, I guess.

Italy.jpg.df47482ecdd571c1240dfda360d7fae3.jpg

Thank you.. I have seen this shop, passing by but never went

I used to buy high quality olive oil in Aroi Italy.. They also had wine at reasonable rate versus quality and good italian ham etc.. and cheese..

I will have a look there to see if it is the new location (actually not far from immigration as somebody told me they were in immigration soy.. but had told me "beach side, which is the opposite)

Thank you

Have a nice afternoon

4 hours ago, domdom said:

Thank you.. I have seen this shop, passing by but never went

I used to buy high quality olive oil in Aroi Italy.. They also had wine at reasonable rate versus quality and good italian ham etc.. and cheese..

I will have a look there to see if it is the new location (actually not far from immigration as somebody told me they were in immigration soy.. but had told me "beach side, which is the opposite)

Thank you

Have a nice afternoon

Tesco Lotus has some short dated(Jan 2021) TOSCANO Extra Virgin Olive Oil PGI (Protected Geographical Indication) 500ml for 212 baht: https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/259078349

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Eindhoven said:

Tesco Lotus has some short dated(Jan 2021) TOSCANO Extra Virgin Olive Oil PGI (Protected Geographical Indication) 500ml for 212 baht: https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/259078349

Should point out that it's Tesco North. Didn't look at Tesco South, as they have already sold out most of their Finest range.

They were actually getting rid of the remaining Finest range of products. So picked up a few jars of Italian sauces at half price.

Tesco Finest Tomato & Chilli Pasta Sauce: https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/260504542 for 47 baht for instance.

Though oddly the Tomato & Pancetta sauce was priced differently from all of the other sauces. Originally 115 baht as compared to 95 baht for all of the others. It was reduced to 81, as opposed to 47 baht for the others. Strange pricing, as they are all the same price in the UK. 

Nevertheless, decent base sauces.

Some items, such as the extra virgin olive oil from Southern Tuscany, are slightly cheaper than even the U.K price.

Not much left. Mainly the oil and some Finest pasta.