Loy Krathong: Man shoots two dead after they "showed him the finger"

webfact

Every day we see on TV and read in the news of the use of guns with mostly fatal results. I am sure it is not legal; to walk around with guns or have them in ones car, so is it not more than about time for this useless government to do something about it.

Ban all guns in public (except police and similar). Those, for whatever reason allowed to own one, must keep it at home.

Penalties should be severe.  10 years imprisonment (IN FULL) for mere possession of a gun (or other weapon in public)  and a death sentence for anyone threatening or using one, whatever the outcome.

Might deter a few, except the stupido's. Then again perhaps not!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TEFLKrabi said:

It's just incredible how an article about a crazy Thai man unloading 13 shots into some other fools can turn into a keyboard fight amongst the expats here. Is there a hint or irony maybe? 

...could be one of those 'loose face' things.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, JAFO said:

Isn't that why most people shoot anybody?  Why is it that people always make it about Thais exclusively.  Ego, Loss of face, impulse, anger. Same same. This isn't really big news at all. Just another shooting like can be seen virtually anywhere in the world on any given day. 

Next...........

The post is about Thais, so comments will relate to that.

I agree with you 100%, it sadly happens all over the world, we (the human race) are unfortunately not very nice to our fellow men/women. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TEFLKrabi said:

It's just incredible how an article about a crazy Thai man unloading 13 shots into some other fools can turn into a keyboard fight amongst the expats here. Is there a hint or irony maybe? 

Seems very credible.

• Haha 2

In Thailand, I proceed on the basis every Thai may either be armed, or have access to a gun.

IME it's foreigners that are rude, the vast majority of Thais I meet are polite, and I am polite in return.

• Like 2

farangs!!!!!!  head down, hands in pockets, ATM Pin number written on T-shirt......this is a covid-free country and you are not a citizen!!!!  don't do anything that could result in 13 shots from a 9mm!!!!  My advice.....apologize for everything and overpay by 800%.   

in a country of 70 million...............it's gonna happen.  

nothing good comes after drinking.....oh wait, that's not right.   after 2 am?  not right.....hmmmm.....

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

49 minutes ago, spoon1967 said:

The post is about Thais, so comments will relate to that.

I agree with you 100%, it sadly happens all over the world, we (the human race) are unfortunately not very nice to our fellow men/women. 

I absolutely agree Spoon1967. The human race behaves poorly to each other.  I made my comment as I typically always read this "Thai Save face" for everything that happens here. Saving face is nothing more than Ego so why give it a special name? This guy shot those people out of impulsive anger and his ego was hurt in front of an audience. I am from the states and these kinds of shootings are sadly common events for the same exact reasons.

The pathetic thing though is that people can kill people and the penalty or consequences for their action is just down right stupid. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I'm not so sure ...... those who behave badly generally deserve the fruits of their labour.

Best to be polite to all or at worst ignore all around you in Asia.

These guys knew the risk, and suffered the consequences.

If you insult a Thai man in front of his woman you are risking death.

Didn't take me long, as a foreigner, to understand that ...........

Or just have a ballsy Thai wife or girlfriend.  My wife dealt with all of that type of thing when we lived in Thailand.  It does help if all your family are policemen though ????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TEFLKrabi said:

Naaaaah, we are not allowed to use guns here......????

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

They won't do that again...

No they likely won't. A definitive game changer for all involved. Alot of the youth here are quite impressive. As demonstrated lately, with the much needed protests.

But, a percentage are not. Self control? Self esteem? Self discipline? Apparently not. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 2long said:

I have never met TransAm, so I can't claim to be his chum, but I like and agree with many of his posts.

Which 'facts' are we supposed to deal with please? I am all confused now.

I'm guessing your 20 years in the military included keyboard warrior training, as well.

Yet another TFV thread results in personal attacks... and to be honest, that's the main entertainment on many of them. ????

You can be "chums" with whoever you want, I have better taste.

Which facts? Do I honestly need to explain that! Yes, you are confused.

As for your "keyboard warrior" comment, I don't know you, yet you also make it personal.  It wasn't me that suddenly became the "keyboard warrior", it was your new "chum",  that started down that road on MY comment, there's a FACT for you - right there.

And please, refrain from belittling Forces Veterans, I'm guessing you've never been in a war zone, so you can label yourself as another "keyboard warrior".

I'm all for the "banter", you 2 love birds (you and TrannyAmm) need to get a room.

See, I can have a laugh.....

Edited by spoon1967
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ventenio said:

farangs!!!!!!  head down, hands in pockets, ATM Pin number written on T-shirt......this is a covid-free country and you are not a citizen!!!!  don't do anything that could result in 13 shots from a 9mm!!!!  My advice.....apologize for everything and overpay by 800%.   

in a country of 70 million...............it's gonna happen.  

nothing good comes after drinking.....oh wait, that's not right.   after 2 am?  not right.....hmmmm.....

I've heard in some countries these guns spit out bullets for no reason at all. hmmmm

7 hours ago, samsensam said:

nothing to do with being thai, such incidents happen in many countries around the world, just look at the pointless gun violence in the usa, central and south america, to name but three...

Never have I came across males more fragile than Thai's!

• Confused 1