Preparing for 2nd Extension of Stay at CW (Non-O Retirement)

Greetings,

My 2nd extension is due this month at CW and was looking for current feedback to prep.

1. Are copies of the Bank Passbook sufficient to demonstrate the 800K has been managed correctly or will bank statements be required?

2. Is verification for source of 800K still required?

3. Do they still need a hand drawn residence map?

Note: Since my initial extension I have transferred stamps to a new passport.

Any feedback is appreciated!

v/r

Bank letter and photocopy of pages of bankbook for 12 months and also make a transaction on the day. Use banks at lower . CW. 

You do not need show where money came from.

Yes they require a map. Mine  was from condo flyer. 

Added note. Make sure you use the online appointment option that is now available. Works a treat. You get confirmation email straight away. You need printout of that email. If you don't have printer lower level of CW has print/photocopy service etc. Will print it out 5 baht. 

You will be seen in your 15 minute slot so don't be late. 

Did mine couple weeks back.

Added note to guys extension based on marriage. The appointment option is not available.

http://203.151.166.132/immigrant_queue/booking/

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, khunjeff said:

I only submitted the bank letter and passbook photocopies, and they didn't ask for any statements (800k method, not income). The bank letter can be issued within seven days prior to the date of application, but, as @DrJack54 indicated, you also need your bankbook updated on the day you apply. For most if not all banks, this requires a transaction, which you can do at an ATM or counter downstairs (unless you're with SCB). You don't need to show the source of your vast wealth.

They do still ask for the map - I just submitted a copy of the same one I had submitted the previous two years, to assist them in their plan to totally deforest Thailand by means of extension paperwork.

If you have a fixed account, updating it is not required.

10 minutes ago, Anant72 said:

If you have a fixed account, updating it is not required.

Are you sure about that.

I use 2 accounts one FD and one savings. I always update and make deposits into both accounts. Have read many reports re CW with folk doing exactly that. One small issue is that the deposit into FD has a minimum my K bank is 1000baht.

I have a fixed account.  I update the passbook, and get a letter, the day before.  The last passbook activity (posting interest) is always a couple of months behind.  My experience has always been that either the desk officer, or her boss, understands this, and does not require the last-day deposit.  

-- Retiree 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, retiree said:

I have a fixed account.  I update the passbook, and get a letter, the day before.  The last passbook activity (posting interest) is always a couple of months behind.  My experience has always been that either the desk officer, or her boss, understands this, and does not require the last-day deposit.  

-- Retiree 

Is this at CW (as per OP)?

My experience at CW is that they are particular about this. They want activity on the day of application Deposit/withdrawal. 

Edited by DrJack54

6 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

A Bank Letter and a Bank Statement are two different things.

You need a Bank Letter.

He was not asking about bank letter.

He was asking about requirement to demonstrate the money had be maintained in bank according to rules. For that he needs to photocopy bankbook pages.

He will also required bank letter.

17 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Is this at CW (as per OP)?

My experience at CW is that they are particular about this. They want activity on the day of application Deposit/withdrawal. 

Yes -- I have had the same fixed account for many years, and renew every summer at CW.   The last bankbook activity is always dated about 2 months earlier, but my letter is always from the day before.  The only time I've ever gotten bounced was once when I accidently brought the wrong physical bankbook (despite having the correct photocopies) -- had to run home for the right one. 

Of course, I always wear a shirt and tie, too ????

-- Retiree