Need Sleeping Place, - Arrive At 10:30pm ,depart 10:30am

try http://www.queensgardenresort.net/

They will pick you up at the airport (5 minutes away)

I went to see this place last month.

They seem to have got their act together since (looking at the website)

The reception guy did not speak a word of english.

Through my Thai friend on the phone I found out that it was 900 baht for a Thai but 1.500 for a farang.....

Rooms looked bright with showers/air con/

Very very near the airport nearly right underneath the highway exchange at exit of airport (5 minutes drive when you know the way)

Nothing around the hotel in terms of walking around.

Very similar room types to the Sanawan but without the pool and the animation around it also nearer to airport.

Hi Guys,

I'm writing this reply from the airport. Its 3:35AM, 6 hours to go. Day room are very expensive,- for 8 hours around 200 USD.

Luckily i found Muslim ( i'm a muslim) prayer room which is at 3rd floor, its quite.. i had 1 hour sleep, now i can't sleep. I prayed here and now browsing the net from the room. I got connected to AOTWIFI connection which is cool, i talked to my family through skype.

There is no place to charge my laptops batteries, so i went to Foot massage, while i got foot massage i recharged my laptop battery and mobile.1 hour foot and shoulder massage for 600 Bath. It was very good and i gave 50 bath tips lol. So far so good for short time.

Now i think since i spent more than 1000 baths i guess i could go outside. But i had short time and don't bother going to immigration,taxi,hotel etc.

Thank you again.

The standard Louis Tavern Dayrooms shouldn't be anywhere near 200 USD for 8 hours! I'm guessing they quoted you the price for one of their suites rather than a standard room.

Glad you could get some use out of the Muslim prayer room. An alternative for someone not wanting to pay anything would be to stay in the Economy Transit Lounge on Level 3 of Concourse B, which doesn't cost anything and has somewhat comfortable chairs that you might be able to spread out on and try to sleep. Of course either of those options means you can't shower and any sleep you do get will likely be interrupted by others. Not something I'd choose, but certainly can't beat the price.

try http://www.queensgardenresort.net/

They will pick you up at the airport (5 minutes away)

I went to see this place last month.

They seem to have got their act together since (looking at the website)

The reception guy did not speak a word of english.

Through my Thai friend on the phone I found out that it was 900 baht for a Thai but 1.500 for a farang.....

Rooms looked bright with showers/air con/

Very very near the airport nearly right underneath the highway exchange at exit of airport (5 minutes drive when you know the way)

Nothing around the hotel in terms of walking around.

Very similar room types to the Sanawan but without the pool and the animation around it also nearer to airport.

Interesting to hear that it is truly only a 5 minute drive from the airport. Didn't realize there were any places that close. Most of the places that advertise as being close to the airport are at least 20 minutes away which is the same time as it takes for me to get to Sukhumvit when arriving in the middle of the night. At only 5 minutes and at their price it looks like a good alternative for many travelers. For only 4 hours I think most will still choose the LT Dayrooms though being by the time you add on taxi or hotel transfers you won't save much.

Dayroom rates:

1-2 persons/3 persons

4 hrs 2000/2900

6 hrs 3000/4300

8 hrs 4000/5800

10 hrs 5000/7250

12 hrs 6000/8700

For only 4 hours I think most will still choose the LT Dayrooms though being by the time you add on taxi or hotel transfers you won't save much.
For 4 hours it's hardly worth it (maybe just to take a shower after a long incoming flight if you don't have the use of a lounge) but if I had 8 hours, I'd much rather pay maximum 1000 baht, including transportation there and back, to the Sananwan than waste 4000 baht on a day-room.
Most of the places that advertise as being close to the airport are at least 20 minutes away which is the same time as it takes for me to get to Sukhumvit when arriving in the middle of the night

But don't forget, the 20 min. time to get to Sukhumvit in the middle of the night will be much longer when you're trying to get back to the airport to catch your plane. I've had the experience of getting into a traffic snarl and barely making my flight. It puts The Fear in you. There are definite advantages of being physically closer.

What I like about the Sananwan is that you can have a refreshing swim in the pool in the morning before leaving, something unfortunately not offered by the Queen's Garden Resort despite the higher price.

Dayroom rates:

1-2 persons/3 persons

4 hrs 2000/2900

6 hrs 3000/4300

8 hrs 4000/5800

10 hrs 5000/7250

12 hrs 6000/8700

For only 4 hours I think most will still choose the LT Dayrooms though being by the time you add on taxi or hotel transfers you won't save much.
For 4 hours it's hardly worth it (maybe just to take a shower after a long incoming flight if you don't have the use of a lounge) but if I had 8 hours, I'd much rather pay maximum 1000 baht, including transportation there and back, to the Sananwan than waste 4000 baht on a day-room.
Most of the places that advertise as being close to the airport are at least 20 minutes away which is the same time as it takes for me to get to Sukhumvit when arriving in the middle of the night
But don't forget, the 20 min. time to get to Sukhumvit in the middle of the night will be much longer when you're trying to get back to the airport to catch your plane. I've had the experience of getting into a traffic snarl and barely making my flight. It puts The Fear in you. There are definite advantages of being physically closer.

What I like about the Sananwan is that you can have a refreshing swim in the pool in the morning before leaving, something unfortunately not offered by the Queen's Garden Resort despite the higher price.

The Sanawan and the Garden Queen have the same type of room facilities

The Sanawan is a little further (at least 15 minutes drive) but is in a real neighborhood with temple small shops etc and has a pool and is half the price.

Edited by Krub

Don't you wish they had the little sleeping booths with showers they have at the Tokyo Airport.

It would be easy to kill that time at the airport. A few hours on the Internet, a coffee, some meals etc and you'd be boarding your next flight sooner than you think. I noticed a nice coffee shop last time I was there with very comfortable lounging chairs. I'm sure they wouldn't mind you taking a nap there if you spent a little money in the shop.

i'm now sleeping at the airport. typing between sleeps. the muslim room has carpeted floors. the massage room has some nice plush chairs if you can convince the girls to let you sleep there. i've seen some padded chairs linked together which would be ideal. as for me, i'm sleeping on the floor near some washrooms. it's very quiet here on the 2nd floor.

as a good time killer, visit the website of your airline. on my flights for today, i was able to choose my own seats. looks like i've got the aisle to myself so far!

i'm now sleeping at the airport. typing between sleeps. the muslim room has carpeted floors. the massage room has some nice plush chairs if you can convince the girls to let you sleep there. i've seen some padded chairs linked together which would be ideal. as for me, i'm sleeping on the floor near some washrooms. it's very quiet here on the 2nd floor.

as a good time killer, visit the website of your airline. on my flights for today, i was able to choose my own seats. looks like i've got the aisle to myself so far!

You generaly have a seat for yourself on most airlines.... :o

Who are you flying with ?

You generaly have a seat for yourself on most airlines.... :D

Who are you flying with ?

I flew with China Airlines. As I said, I went to their website and clicked on "e-checkin" where I could give them all the info that they normally would ask at checkin. Best of all was seeing the seating arrangements for both flights and then picking which seat I wanted most. Can change that as often as you like. I made sure I had an empty seat or entire aisle in both cases! Now if it only indicated which passengers were babies, then I'd really be happy choosing my seat :o

Thanks to a pharmaceutical I'm fond of before flying, all I remember is being woken for meals. Each time I'd wake up, the food tray was gone and my tray up. Then I'd wake up again, eat the hot food, the fruit, maybe the little cake, and the bread which was all downed with apple juice before passing out again for many hours. PM if you want the reference and location to buy this sleep aid (legal).

I stayed at Sananwan Palace a few nights ago, and have to say I was pleased with it.

I got a room for 350 baht with (new) air conditioning, but without hot water shower. The room was spacious and clean, and had a double bed as well as a TV that I did not bother trying. Two towels, two blankets, and a small bar of soap, two rolls of toilet paper. One complimentary bottle of drinking water.

Getting there from the airport in a taxi took me 20 minutes and the meter landed on 127 baht (on the way back the meter was 138 baht).

As somebody mentioned above, do not expect taxi drivers to be able to read maps. If you can explain yourself in Thai you'll be ok, alternatively and easier, call their number and have them talk to the driver, and they will give him directions.

The sound insulation is not 100% at this guest house, but not the worst I have experienced either - however, if you are sensitive to outside sounds like dogs barking and chickens clucking, you may have a problem with it. I always travel with ear plugs so I am not worried.

The staff are very friendly and helpful - no complaints there whatsoever. They will order a taxi for you to come and pick you up in the morning.

The pool area is just as nice as it looks in this thread. I did not have the time to take a swim as I prioritized sleep and breakfast, but it looked very inviting.

In the morning before I left I had breakfast - omelet with two pieces of toast, a large mug of coffee and a small glass of orange juice. Standard guest house type breakfast - the coffee is instant but the orange (well, mandarin) juice fresh. Not excellent but functional.

So to sum it up, I would recommend it as a good option for people who would be happy with the above description.

• 3 weeks later...
I stayed at Sananwan Palace a few nights ago, and have to say I was pleased with it.

I got a room for 350 baht with (new) air conditioning, but without hot water shower. The room was spacious and clean, and had a double bed as well as a TV that I did not bother trying. Two towels, two blankets, and a small bar of soap, two rolls of toilet paper. One complimentary bottle of drinking water.

Getting there from the airport in a taxi took me 20 minutes and the meter landed on 127 baht (on the way back the meter was 138 baht).

As somebody mentioned above, do not expect taxi drivers to be able to read maps. If you can explain yourself in Thai you'll be ok, alternatively and easier, call their number and have them talk to the driver, and they will give him directions.

The sound insulation is not 100% at this guest house, but not the worst I have experienced either - however, if you are sensitive to outside sounds like dogs barking and chickens clucking, you may have a problem with it. I always travel with ear plugs so I am not worried.

The staff are very friendly and helpful - no complaints there whatsoever. They will order a taxi for you to come and pick you up in the morning.

The pool area is just as nice as it looks in this thread. I did not have the time to take a swim as I prioritized sleep and breakfast, but it looked very inviting.

In the morning before I left I had breakfast - omelet with two pieces of toast, a large mug of coffee and a small glass of orange juice. Standard guest house type breakfast - the coffee is instant but the orange (well, mandarin) juice fresh. Not excellent but functional.

So to sum it up, I would recommend it as a good option for people who would be happy with the above description.

Do the rooms have their own bathrooms? Or is it a down the hall type guesthouse?

• 8 months later...

You arrive at 2230 hrs, likewise I often get into Swampy similarly late.

I go and find the padded seats on level 2 near the info counter.

I have already bought a paper and sit and read there and watch till a set of 3 seats becomes vacant.

Bag them, and stretch out and have a few hours kip if tired, usually the case.

You will not be alone, mite get cool tho'.

About 0830 hrs check in approaches.

You will need to check in, if your baggage has not been checked thru to your final destination.

You may already have your boarding pass, if not you will need to get one.

Rouse yourself when ya feel like a feed, about 0700 hrs, and go to ground floor at far end of building near gate 8.

Here you will find one of the best and cheapest food halls in BKK, "MAGIC FOOD POINT"

Go in and buy some refundable coupons, 100 Baht enuff for 1 person, just inside the door to the left, there are many stalls selling most anything.

Remember to get cash back for unused coupons.

Food is soooooo cheap and fresh, basically it is a staff eating place.

I have feed there every trip, love it.

What is the point going to, and returning from an outside accommodation, paying cab and room fees for maybe 4 hours, NOWAY.

I do all that and get 1st bus into Bangers every trip. 32 Baht where I go, Asoke and Sukhumvit, BTS and MTB.

Edited by Zpete

• 1 year later...

Hi,

20 minutes and 130 thb is almost as much as getting downtown from Suvarnabhumi, so is Sananwan Palace really clsoe to airport ?

And how much does it cost now? Any website ?

Also wondering if they have wifi internet ?

Thanks for all.

I always stay in "Queens' garden resort", it is really 5 minutes from airport. There are ALWAYS english-speaking staff at reception, very friendly. Best way to save money is to book here:

http://www.hotels2thailand.com/bangkok-hot...ort-bangkok.asp

It would be abt 800 Baht incl. taxes etc for double room including FREE AIRPORT ROUND TRANSFER (!!!) - much cheaper than booking directly or via any other booking service! Their bus always awaits at arrival floor, gate 4: search for the boy with hotel name' plate around-the-clock, more details here:

http://www.queensgardenresort.net/airport-transfer.html

Drivers will pick you up and handle your luggage(if any) as well very fast. If you intend to get there by taxi anyway it's highly recommended to print map preliminary to show taxi driver. While check-in you'd better ask room in "new block", it is 100 m from reception - quite new building, rooms are very clean and convenient, shower, TV, refrigerator, balcony. But take a little note: landing and taking-off airplanes could be quite noisy sometimes! However, I usually sleeping like dead after long flight... Hotel is "no smoking area", but I've seen some guys smoking on balcony :)

7-Eleven, Pizza and local food (during day time) are abt 50 m to hotel.

• 1 year later...
I have already bought a paper and sit and read there and watch till a set of 3 seats becomes vacant.

Bag them, and stretch out....

That's right, because you deserve those three seats! To Hell with the other people!!

Are you aware of that this thread is nearly 4 years old :rolleyes:

Bag them, and stretch out....

That's right, because you deserve those three seats! To Hell with the other people!!

Are you aware of that this thread is nearly 4 years old :rolleyes:

Ha ha, no - I didn't notice. What a moron.

i am arriving at 7pm into Bangkok and my flight out is at 6am, so planning a good friday night out with a good hair cut, a meal, few bars and maybe a thai massage and then back to the airport.

most hotels close to the airport offer good value for money, even got offered company for the night, but declined lol

I stayed at the Great Residence Hotel and was close to bars and paid 800baht inc taxi to and from the airport