Tourist to Non-B (being cancelled) to ????? then Non-B (different job)

Hi there,

What is the current situation with staying after your Non-B is finished?  I'm sure I'll get another job in a few weeks (already have one offer, but waiting to see others).  I was on about 8 different tourist visas for the year prior (for some reason got lucky) and then got a job and the Non-B is with Samutprakarn Immigration.  The job didn't work out so tomorrow I go to Sanutprakarn and they cancel my visa.  They told me to then go Bangkok Immigration and get an extension there.  I think they just want me out of their hair and I might get to Bangkok Immigration and I'll be screwed.

So does any of the infinite wisdom of the Thai Visa forum know of the current situation?  What paperwork should I have for Bangkok - Wattana Immigration?  Can I just fall back under the tourist covid-exception until the new job starts?  (I got an Embassy letter but dated Sept. 26 and the US Embassy isn't giving them out any more)  What is normal procedure when you are between jobs?  My employer told me with Samutprakan they give me 24 hours to leave the country; but they say Bangkok is 7 days (someone told me 60 days).  Can you go from Non-B to Tourist then back to Non-B?

Normally, I'd just hop a plane and enjoy a few days out of Thailand and come back when the job is ready.  Of course, in this covid world; things are different and changing daily.  Thanks so much for anyone's insight on the current situation.

You should be able to apply for a 60 day extension at Samut Prakan immigration. Bangkok immigration at Muang Thai Thai would not issue it unless you have a address for Bangkok.

All you should need is the TM7 form, copies to your passport pages, TM6 departure card and a completed affidavit to state the reason for you needing to stay longer in the country they will give you.

Ubonjoe,

Thanks for the reply - the job is located in Samutprakan, my address is in Bangkok.  It would be great if Samutprakan does it for me; I will inquire.  60 days is more than enough; is this the normal process?  I guess the 24 hours to leave the country was a scare tactic to give the employer power (it worked, I'm scared until finished).  Again, most appreciated.  I owe you a couple of drinks.....

20 minutes ago, smokinfun said:

Thanks for the reply - the job is located in Samutprakan, my address is in Bangkok.  It would be great if Samutprakan does it for me; I will inquire.  60 days is more than enough; is this the normal process? 

The 60 day extension is in a way a substitute for the amnesty that ended on October 31st.

If you actually live in Bangkok that may be why they told you Bangkok. The only have done the extension before due to your place of employment being there.

20 minutes ago, smokinfun said:

I guess the 24 hours to leave the country was a scare tactic

In normal times the 24 hours would not be exactly correct. You would normally have to leave the country on the day your extension is canceled.

16 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You should be able to apply for a 60 day extension at Samut Prakan immigration. Bangkok immigration at Muang Thai Thai would not issue it unless you have a address for Bangkok.

All you should need is the TM7 form, copies to your passport pages, TM6 departure card and a completed affidavit to state the reason for you needing to stay longer in the country they will give you.

Thanks for the info. Is this extension possible even without embassy letter?