Non-immigrant 'o'

Hi all. I have a non-immigrant visa 'o' . I got this whilst in Australia as I could provide photocopies of my Thai girlfriends documents(I AM NOT MARRIED). The visa lasts fot 12 months and has 6 months left and I still must leave the country every 3 months. Before my visa runs out is there anything important that I should do with it(I have no work permit) that I can't do without it eg. do I need it to buy a motorbike , can it be used to help me get a work permit etc.

Also is it possible for me to renew the visa (legal or illegal) and has anybody done this? I was told to goto koh san and get a copy marriage certificate made and go for renewal(as they will expect that I am married as I already have an 'o' visa), what advice can you offer me on this and why was I given an 'o' visa in the first place?

Many thanks

:o

You don't know how you received your visa?  It would appear you received it on good faith that you intended to marry and presented the information of intended spouse as proof.  At least that is what I assume they assumed as we must all assume as you don't know.  Right?

Now you present suggestion of fraud of the Koh San Road variety and say you don't have a work permit but can't do without it?

I think I am more confused than you at this point!

Hi Lopburi3. Obviously reading a simple posting creates problems for you. Try it again as all the information is there.Start from top left, read towards the right and work your way down.Its not too difficult. Lol  :ghostface:

Hi, Loburi-  I too am in process of getting that Non-immigrant 0 Visa.  Are they expecting me to get married even tho I too submitted proof of a Thai Citizen letter of invitation, and copies of her passport?  Oh, Oh!   I think what this gentleman is saying he did get this Visa - and i envy him, yet not working same as me, so what he wants to know is what can he do to renew it without any potential problem when the time comes for renewal, and where should he go for the least hassle.  Sure marry a Thai girl, but why be forced to do so if he not comfortable with marriage. Forget about doing it illegal, cause they will check to see if the marriage is legit via his embassy and the thai Registers Office.  Same for me, I plan on getting married, but she too can back out last minute and have the cold feet.  So, I think he has a good question here that does deserve at least an answer to solve his dilemma.  What do you think?    :blues:

Hi, Loburi-  I too am in process of getting that Non-immigrant 0 Visa.  Are they expecting me to get married even tho I too submitted proof of a Thai Citizen letter of invitation, and copies of her passport?  Oh, Oh!   I think what this gentleman is saying he did get this Visa - and i envy him, yet not working same as me, so what he wants to know is what can he do to renew it without any potential problem when the time comes for renewal, and where should he go for the least hassle.  Sure marry a Thai girl, but why be forced to do so if he not comfortable with marriage. Forget about doing it illegal, cause they will check to see if the marriage is legit via his embassy and the thai Registers Office.  Same for me, I plan on getting married, but she too can back out last minute and have the cold feet.  So, I think he has a good question here that does deserve at least an answer to solve his dilemma.  What do you think?    :blues:

Well Dave we'll try again with you.   Thai law does not recognize defacto relationships at all. Kowchai mai na?

Nobody forces you, your option is to seek a retirement

visa if you qualify by age and financials. That removes

the fear of matrimony

Jonboy is the epitome of gross ignorance. His meandering post full of contradictions and wild thoughts,  like will a motor

cycle and a Non O  get him a work permit. Off with the fairies. Lop knows a lot yet is ridiculed by some lil aussie know all. Also Jonboy, the idea of illegal visa's probably indicates a short lived stay in LOS. There's no storage facility for detainees motorcycles at the IDC, might pay to stay with the baht bus. And false documentation is a criminal offence too. Which Aussie Consulate did you get a visa from ?

renew the visa (legal or illegal)

koh san and get a copy marriage certificate..

This is on the same principal as going into you local ANZAC Bank with a rubber cheque,however the bank would only bounce the cheque. :ghostface:

To quote a famous phrase " You can't be serious"

jonboy that means you are having a laugh arn't you?  You managed to get a non"o" visa by shere luck and want to push that luck a second time, are you any good at Russian roulete?

Secondly most people on here have a vast amount of experience and want to help so take your micky taking back to the school yard and and do what all little boys do "keep on dreaming"

Sev

:cool: