Time is running out to enact any trade deal with UK: EU lawmakers

rooster59

20 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Of course. Because everyone easily could see what nonsense it was. Everyone with at least a tiny little bit of knowledge, that is, so not your usual Brexiteer. They bought into all that nonsense. So we are rubbing it in their face, as we have been mocking them for the past four years or so. Brexit has been great entertainment. 

You’ve been told from the beginning on what you would get and what not. Remember the cake that you wanted to have and eat it, and everyone told you:

nope, not gonna happen. So stop the whining. You may eat the cake that’s on offer or you may leave with just your fish. And if you think that’s unfair, or unreasonable, or not respecting your sovereignty, or against what some of your folks voted for, then that’s not our problem and nothing we care about. Do some more trade deals with developing African countries, I’m sure they give you all that. That’s how free markets work. 

Instead of going through the same old rubbish - All I will say is that Time will tell its own story. I for one look forward to seeing it unfold. I especially look forward to seeing the EU story in the future, if indeed there is one - Best of luck to you. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 7by7 said:

I have twice before provided you with a link to the government site which explains it. Here it is again: habitual resident test. (Click on the blue bit.)

It is obvious from the above rant, and precious ones from yourself, that understanding the rules and regulations on UK government websites isn't one of your strongpoints either!

Read it quickly,( hard to believe for a remainer but some of us do have lives and better things to do) seems tax and housing credits are not counted as " benefits" anyway thanks for using the quote about rats deserting a sinking ship.....they say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

8 hours ago, RayC said:

Thank you for the compliment. I've always believed that informed opinion is better than uninformed.

Imo my equipment's fine - but I'm probably not the best person to rate such things. However, I don't believe that you are in a position to pass comment on it either. (Are you?)

Probably not have only worked in 3 top 100 global companies all dealing with multinational product, logistics, import export, raised in agriculture seen how the EU has affected associated business,the paid 'not to farm' process. Worked in tax incentives, on Local government contracts, ran my own business, Nah probably not qualified at all. I leave it to the experts.

4 hours ago, 7by7 said:

I think they work in the hills, fields, greenhouses etc., not from their front rooms!

I notice that you have again forgotten the 2.7 million plus who work in manufacturing!

The point being the front room is their office, and they actually claim cost against tax if they are smart, so yes they have a 'home office'

Should you require any further information please do not hesitate to ask

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 473geo said:

Probably not have only worked in 3 top 100 global companies all dealing with multinational product, logistics, import export, raised in agriculture seen how the EU has affected associated business,the paid 'not to farm' process. Worked in tax incentives, on Local government contracts, ran my own business, Nah probably not qualified at all. I leave it to the experts.

"I leave it to the experts." Probably wise.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kingdong said:

Read it quickly,( hard to believe for a remainer but some of us do have lives and better things to do)

Strange comment from someone who spends more time and makes more posts here on the subject of Brexit than I!

seems tax and housing credits are not counted as " benefits"

You say that because they are not mentioned?

Tax credits were an income related benefit, so came under the auspices of the test.

If there ever was a benefit called 'housing credits' it was a long tome ago. Maybe you meant housing benefit; which has been replaced by universal credit.

Tax credits and housing benefit were subject to the test; universal credit is subject to the test. As are all income related benefits.

anyway thanks for using the quote about rats deserting a sinking ship.....they say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Always happy to give credit where it is due.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 473geo said:

The point being the front room is their office, and they actually claim cost against tax if they are smart, so yes they have a 'home office'

Should you require any further information please do not hesitate to ask

The main work in agriculture, whether it be carried out by the farm owner/manager or a farmworker, is where the crops are grown or the stock is kept. Please explain how that can be done from the owner/manager's front room. Get a bit crowded in there sharing it with a couple of hundred cows; and as for the mucking out!

Still not explained how the 2.7 million working in manufacturing can work from home, either!

Working from home is impossible, as well, for those employed by shops, pubs, hotels, restaurants, places of entertainment etc.; not to mention the NHS and emergency services!

Instead of making yourself look even more foolish, why not admit that whilst many of those with an office job can work from home; most of us can't?

Edited by 7by7
Addendum
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, 7by7 said:

The main work in agriculture, whether it be carried out by the farm owner/manager or a farmworker, is where the crops are grown or the stock is kept. Please explain how that can be done from the owner/manager's front room. Get a bit crowded in there sharing it with a couple of hundred cows; and as for the mucking out!

Still not explained how the 2.7 million working in manufacturing can work from home, either!

Working from home is impossible, as well, for those employed by shops, pubs, hotels, restaurants, places of entertainment etc.; not to mention the NHS and emergency services!

Instead of making yourself look even more foolish, why not admit that whilst many of those with an office job can work from home; most of us can't?

You really do get carried away with your own rhetoric, in no comment have I stated everybody can work from home. Do carry on making a list of those who can't, if it makes you feel useful,  it is not that difficult. I make a comment about overseas outsourced work returning, and perhaps being influenced by the covid revelation that many people have demonstrated the ability to carry out their work function from home. and perhaps more part time working from home jobs will be created, and you, in your wisdom come out with the comment that farmers can't work from home  - and go on to  accuse me of looking foolish!!  Really?

The majority of  the jobs you are listing as cannot work from home are not the type of work that is outsourced abroad

Should you require any further explanation or assistance please do not hesitate to contact me

Edited by 473geo
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, 7by7 said:

Dear, oh dear.

You commented that people could work from home as if that was a universal panacea for all the woes Brexit will bring. I pointed out that most jobs cannot be carried out at home. 

You also said that jobs currently outsourced abroad could be brought back to the UK. I again pointed out the flaw in this; that UK workers could not afford to work for the low wages currently being paid to those doing those outsourced jobs. That is, after all, why those jobs were outsourced in the first place!

About 10 years ago I was made redundant because the company lost most of it's work to India. As clients would tell my boss "Why pay you an hour what I can pay them a week!"

After making some failed defences of your arguments, you now feel compelled to come up with the above! You're fooling nobody; except maybe yourself.

Not fooling anybody, you continue to try and be 'right'  in your self made rut that has convinced yourself Brexit will be a failure, such narrow negative persona usually earmark people for redundancy when outsourcing is in action.

Your comments come as no surprise. So as you will carry on ad infinitum to confirm in your own mind Brexit will be a failure, I feel better not waste any more time in your sad negative gloomy misinformed world. Keep safe.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, 473geo said:

Not fooling anybody, you continue to try and be 'right'  in your self made rut that has convinced yourself Brexit will be a failure, such narrow negative persona usually earmark people for redundancy when outsourcing is in action.

Your comments come as no surprise. So as you will carry on ad infinitum to confirm in your own mind Brexit will be a failure, I feel better not waste any more time in your sad negative gloomy misinformed world. Keep safe.

In other words, you surrender.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, 473geo said:

Wrong; again.

As work was lost, the company was reduced to two permanent employees; me and the owner, plus agency staff when required, when he reluctantly closed up shop.

19 hours ago, 473geo said:

Your sad attempts to first defend your nonsense and then deny it is certainly no surprise; it's what's expected.

You still haven't said how post Brexit you expect UK workers will be persuaded to work for a fraction of the UK minimum wage when all these outsourced jobs are brought back here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1