October 2020 Arrivals - Fudge Factor or honest correction?

Immigration have released arrival/departure data for October 2020, but nothing make sense. They have made major corrections in previous months for all countries. It is almost like the October report is only partial data and some immigration division is missing. 

As an example China January arrivals have changed from 1,055,051 to 551,916. Same thing for all other months and all other countries.

Country #57, #131 and #169 are missing altogether. Which countries they are is a bit hard to find out, since the 2 sheets have the countries ranked differently.

Really odd and very unusual inconsistent reporting from Immigration. They have in the past been very good at counting bodies, but this time they dropped the ball.

Below are the two data sheets. Feel free to analyze it. Hopefully we will have a correction back to normal in November.

Jan-Oct 2020 Arrival-Departure.xlsx Jan-Sep 2020 Arrival-Departure.xlsx

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'll take your word for it, I assume it may have some significance to you as a FIFO worker. Perhaps you could elaborate on why it is of interest to you.

Given the hoops I have to jump through going back to Australia, getting back out of Australia, then returning to Thailand, I'm staying put in Chiang Rai.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1