Netherlands man reported as covid positive in Phuket

Kopitiam

According to a report by the Bangkok Post, the Dutch national  arrived from his home country on Nov 1 and stayed at an ASQ facility in Phuket. He tested positive on Thursday with no symptoms. He was admitted to a private hospital.

https://www.thephuketnews.com/netherlands-man-38-reported-as-covid-positive-in-phuket-77905.php

How did this Dutchman arrive in Phuket from his home country when there is no International flights to Phuket?

22 minutes ago, Kopitiam said:

How did this Dutchman arrive in Phuket from his home country when there is no International flights to Phuket?

Wasn't there a news report only a few days ago that an EMPTY international flight arrived in Phuket at the same time Prayuth visited.

It says something about COVID in Thailand when ONE person being reported with COVID makes news headlines.

Some times we do not know how lucky we are to be living in a basically "free of COVID restrictions" country.

I am of course very sympathetic to all who have lost their lively-hood from the destruction of the tourist industry here but many many many countries and their inhabitants are suffering much worse than here in Thailand.

Well done, so far to, the Thai Government.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Oliver Holzerfilled said:

What is the mode of ASQ transport to Phuket? Charter flight?

Probably the same as those going local to BKK, vans with two inmates per vehicle, but I don't know for certain. 

Private hospital.  I can see now the scribbling and scribbling with lots of zeroes to the right of them.......THIS is the real economy booster.   I'm going to guess the bill will be around 415,987 baht.    Oh, wait, they did say each Chinese would spend 400,000.

there you go

Link in post removed.

26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.

• 2 weeks later...