5G SIM router advice needed

Hal65

What is a good SIM router for 5G? I prefer the router over phone so I can setup a hard line connection to one of my devices. I know data is still kind of expensive by the way, the device will see infrequent use.

1 hour ago, Hal65 said:

What is a good SIM router for 5G? I prefer the router over phone so I can setup a hard line connection to one of my devices. I know data is still kind of expensive by the way, the device will see infrequent use.

If you mean a router that uses a built in SIM card, I don't know, but my 3BB WiFi has 2.4 and 5 g coverage. 

5G wireless is a bit new to be asking for proven recommendations.

And when looking for 5G 'devices' people will need to be vigilant about product label markings, as there is a big difference between the 5G of "mobile wireless 4G(LTE)/5G" [5th Generation mobile network] and "WiFi 2.4G/5G" [5 GHz radio frequency spectrum]. 

Consumer Wireless Internet Router that provides an Ethernet port are typically marketed as "CPE" (Consumer Premises Equipment). 

AIS HUAWEI 5G CPE Pro

TRUE Huawei 5G CPE Pro

• Like 2

10 hours ago, carlyai said:

If you mean a router that uses a built in SIM card, I don't know, but my 3BB WiFi has 2.4 and 5 g coverage. 

It can get confusing but you are talking about the band. So your router has 2.4ghz and 5ghz bands. That is good but I have a use case that would benefit from a hard line. 5G is the next step over 4G LTE.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RichCor said:

5G wireless is a bit new to be asking for proven recommendations.

And when looking for 5G 'devices' people will need to be vigilant about product label markings, as there is a big difference between the 5G of "mobile wireless 4G(LTE)/5G" [5th Generation mobile network] and "WiFi 2.4G/5G" [5 GHz radio frequency spectrum]. 

Consumer Wireless Internet Router that provides an Ethernet port are typically marketed as "CPE" (Consumer Premises Equipment). 

AIS HUAWEI 5G CPE Pro

TRUE Huawei 5G CPE Pro

Wow, both in the $350 to $450 range. I guess I will stick to 4G LTE routing for now.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a ZTE SIM router, that one works with DTAC. So now I have one SIM router that works with AIS, and one that works with DTAC. True fails to work on either. That's fine by me, i only needed a couple backup sources, and True Fiber + DTAC LTE and AIS LTE is good enough

15 hours ago, Hal65 said:

I bought a ZTE SIM router, that one works with DTAC. So now I have one SIM router that works with AIS, and one that works with DTAC. True fails to work on either. That's fine by me, i only needed a couple backup sources, and True Fiber + DTAC LTE and AIS LTE is good enough

??

Why not one router for all?? You just had to check the spec before purchase. What are the model numbers of each?

I bought one of these for 1000 baht: https://www.tp-link.com/th/home-networking/3g-4g-router/tl-mr6400/  Covers all networks.

Edited by Eindhoven
  • Like 1