Working Holiday Visa, Eligibility, Issuing And Utilization

I'd going to apply for a "working holiday visa" from the Thai embassy in Australia withing the next few months. One of the conditions is that the applicant must be 30 years old or less. I meet all the requirements including this one, but I turn 31 at the end of July.

A few other bits of info before I ask my question:

1. I'd like to delay my trip to Thailand for as many months as possible and still be eligible for this visa.

2. I understand that after a visa is issued, it must be utilized within a period of time (three months or therabouts).

3. I'll submit my application a few weeks before my 31st birthday.

So, lets fast forward and suppose the application is successful and I have my visa in hand which must be utilized within 90 days.

My question is do I have to enter Thailand (and utilize the visa) before my 31st birthday, or now that the visa has been issued, can I now enter the country anytime within the next 90 days?

I think I know the answer but would like some clarification.

Thanks.

more details can be found at the Sydney embassy webpage (it didn't seem to answer this specific question):

http://thaisydney.idx.com.au/Consular_serv...%20holiday.html

It is a relatively new bilateral agreement visa. I doubt that you will get a reply from a TV member with actual experience. All you can really do is phone the RTCG Sydney and make a general enquiry. Only the RTCG Sydney and the RTE Canberra can issue this category of visa.

Based on the web site which does answer your questions.............

Once the visa has been issued you are wasting it's validity if you do not enter Thailand,

and you must use it within 3 months (90 day)s.

You must be under 30 when the visa is issued.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Dr PP and astral. I will contact the Thai embassy, and when I get some official info ill post it on this thread as this seems like a good visa.

Astral, your response has made me a little nervous. I'd like to double check a few things.

Once the visa has been issued you are wasting it's validity if you do not enter Thailand,

Don't really understand what you mean by this. I thought the visa "begins" from the day it is utilized (not from when it is issued), so i dont see how its its validity is wasted. I intend to make use of the visa (ie enter Thailand on it) but I would like to delay my trip if possible by taking advantage of the 90 day window in order to save up some more money.

You must be under 30 when the visa is issued.

you mean inclusive, right? from the website,

1.2 Must be aged between 18-30 years inclusive at the time of application and not accompanied by children or dependents;
Therefore I satisfy this requirement as long as the visa is issued before I turn 31. I hope im reading this right !

But the website still doesnt seem to answer my question which is this:

My question is do I have to enter Thailand (and utilize the visa) before my 31st birthday, or now that the visa has been issued, can I now enter the country anytime within the next 90 days?
Edited by Grover

Don't really understand what you mean by this. I thought the visa "begins" from the day it is utilized (not from when it is issued), so i dont see how its its validity is wasted. I intend to make use of the visa (ie enter Thailand on it) but I would like to delay my trip if possible by taking advantage of the 90 day window.

I am not clear from the web site how long you will be allowed to enter Thailand, is it 6 months or maybe one year,

however it is clearly stated that the visa must be utilised within 90 days.

This means that once the embassy stamps your passport you have 90 days to get to Thailand,

or you will have wasted your money.

1.2 Must be aged between 18-30 years inclusive at the time of application and not accompanied by children or dependents;

Therefore I satisfy this requirement as long as the visa is issued before I turn 31. I hope im reading this right !

Yes that is the way I read it.

gotcha :o

and yes, it is a one year non-i visa.

ill move to plan B and contact the embassy to confirm my question and post the answer here. however my feeling at this stage is that it should be ok.

cheers.

Edited by Grover